FREE - Laplink DiskImage. No Gimmicks

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Error:

We're sorry, but we are experiencing technical difficulties, and are unable to process your registration at this time. The system will be available shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Got it, thank you

Seems to be working now. It's downloading as I write this. Thanks OP!

How is this different than a free Ubuntu boot disk and dd + gzip/7zip?

Can it be installed at any time with the reg code?

I'm not going to create an account just to download. That's a gimmick, IMO.

Slickone said:   Can it be installed at any time with the reg code?
as far as I know it should be

coolbreeze said:   I'm not going to create an account just to download. That's a gimmick, IMO.
that's why lying was invented

True Image has served me very well. EaseUs has worked well about 90% of the time...if it fails first time I just
restart it. Laplink has been around a long time...at first it was foolproof in operation. Hoowever as changes
were made the reliability dropped to about 60%.

About every month I see freewaare or shareware programs appear....then disappear when people learn how poor they
are. Those can screw up things to where Steve Gibson's great "Spinrite" can't do it's magic!!!

adorable said:   1) If you're trying to backup your files and/or drive, and have a Seagate or Western Digital hard drive, you can use the free, rebranded Acronis TrueImage provided by both companies (see their Support -> Downloads).
Acronis has been around forever and you can upgrade to their 2013 version should you desire for more features.
Solid backup tools, works great, and always free.

2) EaseUs Partition Manager is a very nice PartitionMagic-like program that is free and works well. Has no trouble working with Linux and odd partitions for Android Tablet MicroSD card CM7-10 booting, and it's a great tool.

not too good on the download......must be getting slammed!!

(edit; I finally got a "slot"....downloading now!)

davidthefwer said:   phanwerkz said:   with 20% FatCash, do we get any monies back? LOL
20% of $0 is ...?

Sometimes the cb is on the price before coupon.... Once i got cb on $20 eventhough the item was $10 AC.

I did the download from CNET. Do I need to get a registration number?

retiredlawman said:   True Image has served me very well. EaseUs has worked well about 90% of the time...if it fails first time I just
restart it. Laplink has been around a long time...at first it was foolproof in operation. Hoowever as changes
were made the reliability dropped to about 60%.

About every month I see freewaare or shareware programs appear....then disappear when people learn how poor they
are. Those can screw up things to where Steve Gibson's great "Spinrite" can't do it's magic!!!

adorable said:   1) If you're trying to backup your files and/or drive, and have a Seagate or Western Digital hard drive, you can use the free, rebranded Acronis TrueImage provided by both companies (see their Support -> Downloads).
Acronis has been around forever and you can upgrade to their 2013 version should you desire for more features.

2) EaseUs Partition Manager is a very nice PartitionMagic-like program that is free and works well. Has no trouble working with Linux and odd partitions for Android Tablet MicroSD card CM7-10 booting, and it's a great tool.

Crap! I just downloaded and installed it. Before I use it, I'd like to hear everyone's opinion. BTW, I was never asked a registration number from the CNET link. Very fast.

Took quite a while to download, but I got it.
Thanks!!!

Error:

We're sorry, but we are experiencing technical difficulties, and are unable to process your registration at this time. The system will be available shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thats what I got

Downloading. TY OP!

Just curious, what makes this better than "disc image" already built into windows 7?

I downloaded and burn the file lldipro.iso onto a CD (to make a bootable CD), but I could not get the laptop to boot.

Macrium Reflect has a free version also that will allow you to "Clone your hard disk and create disk images in the safe knowledge that everything is securely saved in an easily recovered backup file"

Macrium Reflect

The box says that it is "operating system independent". "diskimage is the only imaging and backup software capable of restoring a complete user profile from and older image regardless of the version of windows operating system on the pc, including compatible applications, user accounts, settings and data. customers with older versions of windows (lists version of xp up) will have the unique capability of restoring a complete PC without overwriting the installed operating system."

Neither Ghost or Acronis does this. LOL I've install the box version but haven't gotten a chance to fully play with it just yet. But it encrypts the back-up, allows you to save it as a different type of image files and a few more options that I am sure that older versions of ghost didn't have.

For the person that couldn't get the iso to boot, I think that you have to not just burn it but make it bootable which I think automatically puts on the needed files.

I did a clean install on my new laptop and wanted a good cloned copy with all of the drivers installed but without any additional software and this was on sale and Norton Ghost has not performed properly since version 9. I think that when the hard drive was grinding in my old laptop I tried to copy it with Acronis and it didn't perform properly either (it said something about not being able to clone because of errors I think) but I used the manufacter's and it worked. Due to that experience I got this from Fry's to be able to reliably do these things on my new laptop.

Here is a great source of information on the topic:

http://www.freewaregenius.com/the-best-free-disk-imaging-program...

So maybe it's better to wait for Paragon to be free again? Or for dual boot, looks like only Redo or Clonezilla.

What's the difference between DiskImage and their PCmover ?

I'd like to be able to move everything to a newer computer.

i use easeus all the time. good software and free. i also use easeus diskmanager which can copy even the c partition(boot from disk to make perfect copy of c patition). it can be download from cnet and like norcim said don't click download button instead click the direct link.

How is this any better than Windows 7's built-in System Image utility in the Control Panel?

easeus partition is much easier to use than disk manager in windows. just rem to click apply when u ready and has option to 'shut down' when it's done.

aqan said:   ...
Catch you must have WD product attached to your pc.

Actually, one must have a WD product installed in the computer to install Acronis True Image WD Edition. It won't install with USB or eSATA connected WD drives.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.