• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Was at my local Home Depot in White Marsh, MD today, found a whole display of these cookies. They are packed in a cute paint pail type can with a wire handle, contain 11 oz. of delicious shortbread cookies, marked down to $.98 a can! I first bought 3 of these, tasted them and went back and got 20 more!

I'm sure this is a store by store thing, so if any of you find a similar deal in your local Home Depot, please chime in. There was no sell by date on the can, but the individual cellophane packages inside the can had the following Best By date - 10/19/13. These would make great gifts, pail is NOT Christmas themed, so it would be appropriate for any occasion.

Here is a link to the Black Friday circular image -

Ad scan

Update: Looks like this deal is store wide, here is the online link to the item, it shows the new $.98 cent price, unfortunately no ability to check store stock -

Home Depot direct link

These won't last long, so hurry!

Home Depot
See Home Depot promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Where in the store dd you find them? From the pic it doesn't look like it was an individual end cap.

Lvscott (Jan. 01, 2013 @ 12:51p) |

Bought a can, don't know what the big deal is so if you can't find them you aren't missing anything. These aren't worth... (more)

vegetation (Jan. 01, 2013 @ 1:43p) |

my hubby went and purchased 5 little buckets of these after it was posted on fatwallet the other day. They remind
me of t... (more)

jassyline369 (Jan. 01, 2013 @ 2:19p) |

http://sd.site88.net/homedepot.html

put in your store number and the sku in the OP. my store shows 87 in stoack...

Thanks Deetz for inventory checker!

SKU for cookies is 668423, use this in inventory checker above

The cookies look more "cookie shaped" than "tool shaped"

apparently it's selling well here in germantown...28 left =P thanks OP, will checkit out. (the clincher for me were if they tasted good)

(417 left in stock in bethesda, md though ^_^)

Thanks a lot, OP! I just picked up 3 of these from my local HD store. And thanks also to Deetz for posting the store inventory locator - that was a big help. (The inventory data isn't updated hourly; the data shown there is as of closing time on the previous evening).

any idea of the department number?

in the general stuff near the entrance?

They're not shortbread cookies, but rather animal cracker type biscuits.

Do you know this for sure?

I've never seen animal crackers with such sophisticated designs.
I'm only guessing, but from the photo they look a lot more like shortbread.

Happy New Year!

hmm.. cheap cookies... i didn't know hd sell human food. lol i'm only there for plant food.

I'm sure they're not shortbread. I actually ate a couple of them, and they taste just like I remember animal crackers used to.

lordoffire said:   any idea of the department number?

Good questions, I was wondering the same thing. Hoping someone will give us the heads up on location....

lordoffire said:   any idea of the department number?

In my store they were positioned right near the self-checkout registers, but I saw them in another store in the front isle of the store. Since this is not a regular stocking item, it does not have shelf space, it is in a self-standing isle display box. I would simply walk along the registers, if in stock you will see them.

from the HD website:These are outstanding short bread cookies. They are crisp, tasty, and a great value. I should know 'cause I am known as the " Cookie Monster".i saw these cookies on BF and they looked like animal biscuit crackers, but i didn't buy any or taste them.

Deetz said:   http://sd.site88.net/homedepot.html

error 404.

"CPU Limit Reached

You are seeing this page because website has reached CPU usage limit of the server, and it was temporarily disabled."

I am not sure how accurate their online inventory system is. It said 67 in stock right before I went to the store. I bought the last 7, and all the guys said they don't have more, they were the Christmas leftover. And the link still says there are 60 left...

The can is about 1/2 size of regular paint can, and the cookie tastes like those animal crackers. It worth a little more than $1. Good deal, but not great.

Deetz said:   http://sd.site88.net/homedepot.html

well.. i went to get other stuff too so i check it out.... md cherry hill area still have a lot, near all xmas clearance stuff. it's too small and i kinda want to lose weight a bit. hehe

i took pic too but i see no easy way to attach pic on here and i'm using tablet so it's a pain... oh well..

Picked one up a few days ago. Couldn't imagine paying $4 for them but less than $1 seemed like a good price and a nice little container to boot

Both HD locations shows in stock, got there and Employee already reserve all.

wwinters said:   Picked one up a few days ago. Couldn't imagine paying $4 for them but less than $1 seemed like a good price and a nice little container to boot

Agreed. Overpriced at $4. Just right at $1

pic (564.30kB)
Disclaimer
Here's the pic of the can... it's about the size of a 1 liter paint can. quite small imo.

WorkerAnt said:   Here's the pic of the can... it's about the size of a 1 liter paint can. quite small imo.

Where in the store dd you find them? From the pic it doesn't look like it was an individual end cap.

Bought a can, don't know what the big deal is so if you can't find them you aren't missing anything. These aren't worth more than $1. Very few cookies inside and the can is thin plastic so don't plan to get these to store your used oil or paint in.

my hubby went and purchased 5 little buckets of these after it was posted on fatwallet the other day. They remind
me of the animal crackers for kids. They are fairly ggod and the grandbabies love them and like to play with the
little bucket. Some grown ups might not like them, i like them....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014