• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
SquareTrade is offering 40% off code good for up to a maximum discount of $40. You have to "Like" them on FaceBook and also provide email address to subscribe to their newsletter. Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/SquareTrade/app_174961479209942

Coupon is good until 01/31/2013.

Member Summary

SquareTrade 40% Off
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

worked for me, also emailing the 40% off code. now have to find something to apply it to!

Can I insurance old tv or it must be a new one?

truelies said:   Can I insurance old tv or it must be a new one?
Coverage only available for new TVs bought in the past 30 days.

ahecht said:   truelies said:   Can I insurance old tv or it must be a new one?
Coverage only available for new TVs bought in the past 30 days.

Depending on where it was purchased I believe you can call and get warranty for items purchased in the past 90 days. Best Buy is one.

What exactly does this company do ? Provide warranties for anything, everything ? Is this a good company to go with.

Have their prices gone up? Seems a lot higher than when I looked a year ago. Regular price is $80 for a 4 year on a $400-$499.99 TV.

tajar96 said:   What exactly does this company do ? Provide warranties for anything, everything ? Is this a good company to go with.

Yes, yes, and ... yes!

Slickone said:   Have their prices gone up? Seems a lot higher than when I looked a year ago. Regular price is $80 for a 4 year on a $400-$499.99 TV.

Even if it has gone up, I'm almost certain it'll be better than what this crappy retail stores offer .. every time.

You guys do realize what SquareTrade offers is a repair cost coupon, up to your insured value. It's not the same as manufacture warranty, or replacement of your broken whatever. And the premium they charge, even with the discount, is outrageous!

So if you know how insurance works, you should only insure things that you cannot avoid to lose, such as your health, your house and your children and spouse's future,etc. Not a $1,000 TV.

What I'm wondering if why so many people buy ST warranties for their TV's, but don't buy extended car warranties.

Wellcum said:   You guys do realize what SquareTrade offers is a repair cost coupon, up to your insured value. It's not the same as manufacture warranty, or replacement of your broken whatever. And the premium they charge, even with the discount, is outrageous!

So if you know how insurance works, you should only insure things that you cannot avoid to lose, such as your health, your house and your children and spouse's future,etc. Not a $1,000 TV.

This has not been my experience; Several years ago, I bought a SQ extended warranty for a refurb West 32" LCD display, which went south just before the end of the 3 year warranty. They sent a prepaid UPS label, confirmed the defect, reimbursed the entire purchase price; In other words, for approx 10% of the purchase price, I was able to use the item for free, buy a MUCH BETTER, larger display 3 years later for essentially the same price.

There was a time that electronic devices lasting past the free credit card extended warranty period would likely hang in there until you are ready for the next one, planned obsolescence (particularly in devices like mobile phones) encourages consumers to replace items that are otherwise in good working order. So while I agree that it an extended warranty does not make sense for everything, an argument can be made for relatively pricey items, that are prone to early failure are a good investment - at the right price.

The lowball introductory prices first offered by SQ (typically 10% of the purchase price of a new item for 3 years of coverage before coupons) made them easy to justify, not so much now...

Ugh I didn't get this in time. Does anyone have an extra coupon code I could use?

Insure a second hand 32" LCD ... ...

shank said:   

This has not been my experience; Several years ago, I bought a SQ extended warranty for a refurb West 32" LCD display, which went south just before the end of the 3 year warranty. They sent a prepaid UPS label, confirmed the defect, reimbursed the entire purchase price; In other words, for approx 10% of the purchase price, I was able to use the item for free, buy a MUCH BETTER, larger display 3 years later for essentially the same price.

There was a time that electronic devices lasting past the free credit card extended warranty period would likely hang in there until you are ready for the next one, planned obsolescence (particularly in devices like mobile phones) encourages consumers to replace items that are otherwise in good working order. So while I agree that it an extended warranty does not make sense for everything, an argument can be made for relatively pricey items, that are prone to early failure are a good investment - at the right price.

The lowball introductory prices first offered by SQ (typically 10% of the purchase price of a new item for 3 years of coverage before coupons) made them easy to justify, not so much now...

I've been a member of ST for 5 years and they have never sent me a code??? I also have had 7 warranties with them and never used one before it expired. Now I need a code for a tv that I purchased and cant find one anywhere. This didnt work for me. Have any ideas on how I could get one? Thanks, Glen

dopalgangr said:   I've been a member of ST for 5 years and they have never sent me a code??? I also have had 7 warranties with them and never used one before it expired. Now I need a code for a tv that I purchased and cant find one anywhere. This didnt work for me. Have any ideas on how I could get one? Thanks, Glen

Use xv797d for $35 off anything

Daggone..I got a 30% and a 35%..and unused 40's out there??

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014