• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Our dishwasher broke down today so searched everywhere for the best price on this Whrilpool dishwasher. The cheapest I could find other than at Lowes was for $485 at Sears. I combined a movers 10% off coupon and used my Lowes card for an additional 5% for a total of $345.51 excluding tax.

Also 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back, so comes in at about $335!

Linky

First post, so be nice

Lowe's
See Lowe's coupons that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Whirlpool Gold Stainless Steel Dishwasher WDT710PAYM
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

how well does it clean? and Lowes let you stack the movers coupon and give you 5% using their card. You did very fine on that deal. But how well does it clean?

My ge dishwasher also dead after a little in 4 years. How is the quality of whirlpool? Which card for 5% off? Free install and hall away?

I don't think it has free installation. But does have free delivery and haul away. I haven't taken delivery yet, so can't comment on how well it cleans, but there are lots of positive reviews...

The 5% off Lowes credit card. So if you have one, it'll stack!

I own a 2008 Whirlpool Gold Dishwasher. After 2 yrs one of the door hinges broke. It still washes OK but I would not buy another Whirlpool since I had a ice dispenser motor burn out in my Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator too. Most appliances made today are pure junk.

Maybe we can only trust Bosch.

truelies said:   Maybe we can only trust Bosch.

I dunno...I bought a Maytag portable about 18-20 yrs ago, and it went with the house when I sold it 9 yrs ago...bought a Maytag built-in in this house 9 yrs ago...my old house was just on the market, and still had the dishwasher with it (in working order), and the one I have here is still working just fine...

I agree, however...appliances (and everything, for that matter) built today are J-U-N-K, for the most part....built in obsolescence... OP's deal sounds good...just don't know reliability of them.

whirlpool has the lowest repair rate according to consumer reports and they do offer good customer service. With the trouble i had on mine they extended the warranty twice and after that I didnt't have another problem and made it 10 years before the pump started leaking. The cost of the pump was half the cost of a new Washer. Lowes has been featuring some aggressive deals lately. I picked up mine on the deal a couple of months ago on the 510PAYS model for $300 the delivered it and took the old one for free and I saved an additional 5% by using an existing Loews card we had and got CashBack. I like the controls on the front not the top of the door but the top of door keeps a clean look if your Kitchen has all stainless appliances. I really can't see paying more than $300-400 for a dishwasher as I really can't imagine a scenario I would need any more cycles/features than what I have now.

Good deal. I got this exact same dishwasher (in June) with a similar deal (on sale for the same price, used a 10% off coupon on top of that - did not use my Lowe's card because I wanted the extended warranty from my AMEX and also because, in my experience, the 5% off from using the Lowe's card doesn't stack on top of a coupon - am I wrong about that or did that change?)

Overall the dishwasher has been good. Somehow a piece of glass got stuck in the pump and so the pump stopped working. Called Whirlpool who scheduled to have somebody come out and they found the piece of glass and now it's back to working fine again.

How difficult to install a dishwasher if we change to a new one?

I wouldn't install it myself. Turned out Lowes wanted $120 to install it. Want to Best Buy, got the dishwasher price matched. At the moment they have a promotion offering free installation on a whirlpool dishwashers!

Bestbuy also matched 10% Lowes coupon and 5%? I can go to this deal if the quality is good.

I bought that $551 Bosch one. They also give me free install.

truelies said:   I bought that $551 Bosch one. They also give me free install.

Which Bosch Model did you buy? Did you buy it at Lowes or Best Buy? Did you use any coupons? Very interested in buying a Bosch.

Sale extended till 1/8/13. I just picked mine up this evening. They tried to give me a Samsung costing twice as much by mistake. I checked reviews while at store and alerted them when I saw it wasn't a very good model. Anyway they took about 40 minutes to get me out of there so I asked about the 20 min guarantee. Got a $25 gift card. So an even better deal at $340.31 after the gift card. I didn't get the extended warranty but they said I had 30 days to get one if I changed my mind. Thanks op. I him hawed around and finally pulled the trigger. I doubt it will last as long as my first one (15 1/2 years), but half as long will be good.

Bestbuy didn't match the 10% Lowes movers coupon, but for me the free installation saved me way more!

truelies said:   How difficult to install a dishwasher if we change to a new one?Not too bad. They tend to have a bottom cover you remove (usually a few screws) to disconnect the water lines and pull the plug back through, then you unscrew where they're fastened to the counter, usually underneath, and roll the old one out. Installing the new one is literally the opposite procedure.

The only trouble I've had is reconnecting the copper supply line compression fitting so it won't leak at all. The standard answer if it leaks is to replace the flare nut and flare the section you just cut. However, I found some very good advice to get around this. Apparently one can lube the threads of the compression fitting on the new washer with a bar of hand soap, which greatly helps to lubricate both surfaces so they form a tight seal when compressed again. It worked for me last time.

http://www.diycentral.com/how-to-make-water-tight-connections-wi...

lyeinyoureye said:   Apparently one can lube the threads of the compression fitting on the new washer with a bar of hand soap, which greatly helps to lubricate both surfaces so they form a tight seal when compressed again. It worked for me last time.

Better to use a food-grade oil or cooking spray. You can apply it with a cotton swab.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.