• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Seems like a good deal so I went ahead and just picked one up...Model EW46T4LZ...initial impressions are it is a very nice slimline set for the money! Very YMMV as each store has different inventory at a different prices...mine has it for $349, up the road 10 min at a different store it is at $399. Found it under the clearance section at the "In store clearance and open box items" tab at BB's site. Used my linked AMEX so will also get $20 back from them. Happy hunting!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Westinghouse+-+46%26%2334%3B+Class+/...

Member Summary

Westinghouse 46" LED
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

As with any other Westinghouse TV, I would personally not buy it for anything other than some kind of spare or guest room television that will not be used much. These things just fail way too often for me to ever consider it as a main tv purchase.

Though not really normally needed, this is one item where buying the protection plan would probably be wise, for anyone willing to take the plunge. Westinghouse tvs always seem to fail right around the 1 year mark, leaving you out in the cold with a jacked tv and no warranty. That is of course assuming you get one that works right out of the box in the first place.

Decent price though I suppose, but fair warning to anyone considering the tv, do some research on Westinghouse quality.

Good point...this one is for the bedroom, and I believe using my AMEX extends the warranty out an extra year in case something should happen...

I've owned two Westinghouse LCD TV since 2007 and they've been used quite frequently - no issues at all. Got them from a similar Best Buy Clearance sale.

I have been watching a Westinghouse LCD TV since 2003. Not a problem at all. Still great picture and better sound than many newer and more expensive TVs.

Have a 42" set for 6 1/2 years with no issues.

I posted earlier in this thread (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1247684/) that I picked up a 46" Westinghouse LED this afternoon from Best Buy and it was an in-store clearance for $299.

wildhorseman said:   I posted earlier in this thread (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1247684/) that I picked up a 46" Westinghouse LED this afternoon from Best Buy and it was an in-store clearance for $299.

Different model but wow, great deal!

sleepyhobo1 said:   As with any other Westinghouse TV, I would personally not buy it for anything other than some kind of spare or guest room television that will not be used much. These things just fail way too often for me to ever consider it as a main tv purchase.

Though not really normally needed, this is one item where buying the protection plan would probably be wise, for anyone willing to take the plunge. Westinghouse tvs always seem to fail right around the 1 year mark, leaving you out in the cold with a jacked tv and no warranty. That is of course assuming you get one that works right out of the box in the first place.

Decent price though I suppose, but fair warning to anyone considering the tv, do some research on Westinghouse quality.

Had a 42" Westy fail after three years, and a 47" Westy fail after 13 months. For the latter, fortunately I purchased with American Express and we were reimbursed for the repair cost ($400). I chose to put the money toward a replacement (Toshiba) since I decided I was done with Westinghouse.

I also have a Westinghouse I purchased in 2005, my main tv, great picture, still going strong.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014