• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Dell TP713 Wireless Touchpad @ Walmart - $54.88

Buy Online, Pick Up in Store

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

Dell TP713 Wireless Touchpad
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Hm, not bad. I just received the Logitech U650 for xmas (still haven't opened w/ gift receipt). I wonder which is better. I can't find a whole lot of reviews for this unit.

EDIT: Actually, I think I'll keep my Logitech. Reviews on Dell website ranges from poor to "meh": http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&...

Question, why does someone need this?

faw169 said:   Question, why does someone need this? For me, I want to minimize my mouse usage. I've been using it long enough that my wrist is definitely showing early signs of repetitive-stress injury. In the past, I've tried a number of alternatives: trackballs, vertical mouse, penclic mouse, regular laptop trackpads, etc. None of them gave me the comfort, ease-of-use and functionality of a multi-button mouse like my beloved Logitech Performance MX mouse.

At work, I use a mac and I started using the Apple MagicTrackpad. As much as I dislike most Apple products, that thing is amazing. Almost as accurate as a mouse and the multitouch gestures give you a lot of added functionality (scroll up/down/left right, forward/back page, zoom, etc.) and it's much easier on my wrist. I still keep a regular mouse around for when I need to do work that requires precision (mostly graphics creation), but I use the MagicTrackpad 95%+ of the time. I've been doing this for about 6 months and my wrist is so much happier.

At home, I have a windows machine and I've been wanting to get something similar to the MagicTrackpad but so far there hasn't been a good alternative. The magictrackpad isn't all that useful in windows because Apple won't make a driver for it and the multitouch gestures don't work. With the launch of Win8 and the introduction of multitouch gestures, a number of companies introduced the magictrackpad-alternatives for PC. This is one of them. I opted for the Logitech U650 - most of the reviews I've read has said that it's the closest thing to the magictrackpad. I hope they're right.

Did you mean T650? Or is it a different brand than Logitech? The U650 is a TV remote...

Thanks for sharing. I do have a cold finger problem. Maybe I should try it with company dollar.

Yuyak said:   faw169 said:   Question, why does someone need this? For me, I want to minimize my mouse usage. I've been using it long enough that my wrist is definitely showing early signs of repetitive-stress injury. In the past, I've tried a number of alternatives: trackballs, vertical mouse, penclic mouse, regular laptop trackpads, etc. None of them gave me the comfort, ease-of-use and functionality of a multi-button motton like my beloved Logitech Performance MX mouse.

ccole said:   Did you mean T650? Or is it a different brand than Logitech? The U650 is a TV remote... oops... yeah, that's what I meant. Also, for reference the T650 has been around $60 a few times at Amazon and Staples.

Would I benefit from the multitouch gestures of T650 if I am on Windows 7? I bought a latpop and desktop this holiday, both of them came with Windows 8 but I downgraded them to Windows 7...

uat1 said:   Would I benefit from the multitouch gestures of T650 if I am on Windows 7? I bought a latpop and desktop this holiday, both of them came with Windows 8 but I downgraded them to Windows 7... I haven't tried, but I think so: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/articles/win7-t650-g...

They need to make one of these with a trackball component so you can get the benefits of the pad along with the precision and mobility of the trackball.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014