Bulls on Wallstreet - $25

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I have been seeing this deal on Groupon. I need 2nd opinion is it worth the $25. I don't do day trading and not a active stock trader but interested in learning about it and a beginner stage.

Deal link

Reviews - good ones then there are some negative one.. hard to read for a beginner

Groupon
See Groupon coupons that earn 12.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

wall street (64.12kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

Looks scammy with a super inflated "original value" of $700

Says "Live OR pre-recorded online course"

So you're going to get a DVD or streaming video of some guy teaching you how to interpret (guess) at intraday trading signals & fundamentals.

I suppose I'm speculating here but I'm pretty sure anything they would "teach" you would be readily available on YouTube or various stock trading forums.

Also there appears to be a 14 day free trial on their website, might want to pursue that before handing over $25

sounds like a good idea. Thanks

Typically how these things work, is they'll charge you $25 for the initial class, which is really just a salespitch to sell you their advanced class for $1,500-$5,000 that tells how to use their software with green or red arrows to buy or sell stocks they tell you to buy or sell. Of course, the software costs another $5,000 which many people still fall for because they'll think it's just part of the investment.

If you really want to get into trading stocks, go to Amazon and find the top 10 most highly rated stock trading books on there and read them all cover to cover. (My favorite is One Up On Wall Street by Peter Lynch and another good beginner book is the Neatest Little Guide to Stock Market Investing by Jason Kelly). Then, open up an account with an online broker and put $1,000 in there and trade for a year. If you've made money in the first year, add more money. If you've lost money, you're not going to be a stock trader.

There is no magic trick to trading stocks. To be successful it takes hours and hours and hours of researching companies and watching their stock price BEFORE you put any money in, and even when you do put money in, many times the stock price will go down and you will lose money, the information gathering is just meant to lower your risk by being informed. Just think, if one of these systems or magic software programs really worked the founders would be billionaires, living on an island somewhere, not putting up with the hassle of running a business where you are selling a 4 hour course for $25 to people on Groupon.

Good luck!

Is loss of all your capital, hope, and dreams over an extended time period to "save" 700 non-existent bux worth 25 USD?. I smell a rat.

I tried this service out and it's excellent. Their course was so informative and taught me exactly how to become a better trader. CBDO2007 must have not taken the course or is a trader in the stock market. I believe that following from someone with actual experience is the best teacher. Books can be made for anyone.

If people knew how to beat the street they wouldn't be selling books or hosting seminars. They'd be doing it from one of their many palaces hoping no one figured out a way to copy them. The most well educated people on the planet can't consistently beat the street.....the ones that do trade on insider information hoping they become rich/powerful enough to buy a good enough lawyer to keep allow them to stay a few months in a luxury prison while only giving up 1/100th of their stolen money.

Markets are not as logical as they are emotional, but they are efficient. All news past and future is theoretically priced into the market. Again, unless you're privy to information NOT shared with the world, you are doing nothing but gambling your money very similarly to a roulette table.

If you wanna know how to trade stocks, there are literally thousands of FREE websites that will assist you. The investment world is dominated by salesmen. GOOD salesmen. Not by financial savants looking to share their ways of getting rich.

Opathal, I agree that many people can't consistently beat the street but there are many traders that are profitable annually. If trading weren't profitable Big Banks wouldn't do it every day and the market would have no volume. High Frequency Trading based on algorithms wouldn't exist because of your theory. Yes, trading is volatile but it CAN be beaten. One just has to find the right strategies and be able to adapt to new trends.

Remember! The same rule that applies to gambling applies to stocks - 'The house always wins!"

You need to add three letters to the word 'bulls' in the title:

HIT

Truth: only about 1% of people can beat the INDEXES all of the time.
Fact: Heralded investment managers got their clocks cleaned in 2008 (worse losses than indexes). Sure, many of these funds have come back, but so did the indexes, so why are you paying the "managers"? Hence, ETFs are killing mutual funds, so Fidelity has started their own ETFs. Mutual Funds are only around because a lot of 401ks, ERAs, and 529 plans use them. If your 401k offers ETFs/brokerage, that's the way to go due to lower fees.

1. Pick a good index ETF and follow that.
2. See if you can find megatrends (90's: big box retailers, cell carriers, internet *** 00's: commodities, housing (until 07), retail restaurants, education, etc.).
3. Dividend stocks/ETFs.

FINALLY: Don't day trade. Find a reliable technical signal on the weekly charts and follow that. The two keys are to avoid the HUGE draw downs and to avoid signals with a lot of whipsaws (noise in the signal - in out in out in out). Invest in the big ETFs, and there's no need to look at fundamentals (diversified risk). AVOID the leveraged ETFs (2x; 3x); the decay will eat away at your principal (e.g., holding a loser 2x or 3x of the NASDAQ = having the NASDAQ recover in price PAST the entry NASDAQ price).

I've done some backtesting, and the whipsaws will kill you in day-trading (hold < 1 day) and swing-trading (hold 2 days - 2 months) That's why holding DOES work in the medium term (3 months +), just don't "set it and forget it".

I've taken the program (yes...was willing to risk the few $ with the understanding it may be a complete waste). The live webinar was okay and I did learn a good bit. With that said, I only had a very small understanding of daytrading and reading charts/trends, so this helped. However, if someone has a baseline understanding of daytrading to include reading charts/trends, statistics, etc., they may not get anything out of it. Last, to others points, there is nothing in there you can't find readily available online for free, particularly youtube. For basic understanding in my opinion, it's worth the $25/50 dollars ONLY if you don't want to go sourcing multiple places for education (in essence..it saves time more than anything) and realize this going in. It's certainly no means a $700 list class. Last, I'll atleast give the instructor much kudos for being upfront about what you would learn (basic concepts...but not enough to successfully trade). Yes, part of that's a sales pitch to sell increased serves or additonal, more expensive training, but it was never strongly pushed IMO through the webinars. My 2 cents...hope it helps.

Not worth the money. I paid $49 for this class and didn't finish one online session. The instructor spent his time shooting the breeze and cussing, dropping F word every other word & arguing with his "technical" support about how to adjust the screen. Highly unprofessional and an obvious scam. With 500 people in the online class it appears I got taken and so did the other 499. Not a good choice for Groupon. I will be much more cautious about doing business with Groupon!

So, would this $25 Groupon be worthwhile to someone like me? I've had a Scottrade account for several years and have been casually buying and selling stocks belonging to those companies that I am familiar with because of my work. And, as a result of that familiarity, I have done fairly well. Understand that I know nothing about stock trading, however, I'd like to learn more and do more. I'd like to know your opinion. Thanks, LS.

gjmcfee said:   Not worth the money. I paid $49 for this class and didn't finish one online session. The instructor spent his time shooting the breeze and cussing, dropping F word every other word & arguing with his "technical" support about how to adjust the screen. Highly unprofessional and an obvious scam. With 500 people in the online class it appears I got taken and so did the other 499. Not a good choice for Groupon. I will be much more cautious about doing business with Groupon!

Well, I did take this class as well and found it very interesting. Yep, instructor (owner) is not average person and can use F word and other language probably little more then needed but still he is great trader, that is what's more important. You need to sign up for 14 days trial and see that bull chat room that he is talking about and only after that you will understand it but leaving first class that was more introductional than educational doesn't meen it's scam. And, this is FULL course for $49 not cheap trap, they offer higher classes but they not force you into it. I made decision to move forward after doing 14 days trial access to their site and not regret it.

Personally I recommended them, now I spending more time in that room as day trader and can tell that this is real people that want to help, of course not for free but much cheaper then others.

BTW I'm not doing any buseness with them other then sitting in chat room and using ideas to make some money so this is not an advertisement but real review and those who red posts like this never ever tried it just sitting and complaining that it's not possible and this is scam. Well, for you guys it is impossible. Go and continue giving red instead of doing something to educate yourself.

vetaldj said:   gjmcfee said:   Not worth the money. I paid $49 for this class and didn't finish one online session. The instructor spent his time shooting the breeze and cussing, dropping F word every other word & arguing with his "technical" support about how to adjust the screen. Highly unprofessional and an obvious scam. With 500 people in the online class it appears I got taken and so did the other 499. Not a good choice for Groupon. I will be much more cautious about doing business with Groupon!

Well, I did take this class as well and found it very interesting. Yep, instructor (owner) is not average person and can use F word and other language probably little more then needed but still he is great trader, that is what's more important. You need to sign up for 14 days trial and see that bull chat room that he is talking about and only after that you will understand it but leaving first class that was more introductional than educational doesn't meen it's scam. And, this is FULL course for $49 not cheap trap, they offer higher classes but they not force you into it. I made decision to move forward after doing 14 days trial access to their site and not regret it.

Personally I recommended them, now I spending more time in that room as day trader and can tell that this is real people that want to help, of course not for free but much cheaper then others.

BTW I'm not doing any buseness with them other then sitting in chat room and using ideas to make some money so this is not an advertisement but real review and those who red posts like this never ever tried it just sitting and complaining that it's not possible and this is scam. Well, for you guys it is impossible. Go and continue giving red instead of doing something to educate yourself.

If you wanted to really educate yourself, you'd have the ability to do it without salesman selling you on something. 99% of information sold can be had for free on the internet. Even if these guys were as good as I'm sure they claim, they WOULDN'T be sharing their knowledge for any sum of money.

A large part of the financial sector lives on the mantra "there's a sucker born every day." The smartest companies will tell you to pick a diversified fund and hold onto it for years.

I started trading about 8 months ago and have been doing a lot of reading and have watched a lot of YouTube videos. I don't know what this 25.00 offer is for but what I recently took from them was the Groupon $50.00 4 day Trading Bootcamp course and found it well worth the money...so if that is what this is it's an even better deal than I got. It was a live webinar that is also recorded so you can go back and access it over and over as often as you want for 6 months. It came with a fairly large course pack of the information being covered that you could print out or view as a pdf. Each of the 4 days he lectured for 2 to 3 hours and then took questions for as long as anyone had them. He stayed up with us until midnight or 1:00am every night to answer the question of every person who submitted one. And because it is recorded you could just sign off if you needed to quit earlier and then go back to the recording later to see what you missed. I learned a great deal from him that has improved my win/loss ratio and my risk management. I am a visual learner and I found it easier to understand the concepts I had been reading about when someone explained it to me live with active visuals, particularly as you could just ask him to re-explain anything that might have been unclear to you...something you cannot do with YouTube. After taking it I recommended it to my father and my best friend so that gives you some idea of how I felt about the course. The only caveat I would place on my recommendation is to tell you that he is strictly a technical trader for short time periods: intraday to swing trades of about a week. If you are a long term trader who is interested in selecting stocks based on fundamentals for positions lasting months or years then this is absolutely not the course for you. Fundamentals are not discussed as they are irrelevant for short time frames. His approach is strictly technical and focuses on technical indicators, pattern recognition and very tight risk management. I hope this helps.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014