• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Good deal if you want a no annual contract phone.
Comes with FREE $50 refill card so the phone cost $299 without any contract, Free Shipping.

Samsung Galaxy S II on Tmobile
Linky

T-Mobile
See T-Mobile promo codes that earn Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S™ II $349
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The phone is $330 at WalMart witrh a $30 prepaid card and $299 without so the $50 card is not free. You are paying for i... (more)

Lvscott (Dec. 31, 2012 @ 1:59p) |

Because the Nexus 4 went the way of Apple with a nonn-replaceable battery. Phones with non-replaceable batteries went ou... (more)

Lvscott (Dec. 31, 2012 @ 2:01p) |

That stupid design has sold hundreds of millions of units... non-replaceable batteries generally aren't a problem for mo... (more)

joeparker54 (Jan. 01, 2013 @ 12:24a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

AWESOME DEAL THANKS OP

Good phone although it's getting old. Does the Galaxy Nexus 4 not work for these plans?

I saw the pay-as-you-go TMobile Galaxy II in the Houston, TX, WalMart flyer for $299 today. So if you want to use it with your monthly plan or otherwise don't need the $50 card, you might be better off at WalMart.

How do you get that $30/month web only special (no contract)

link is here:
prepaid-phones.T-Mobile.com/monthly-4g-plans

Why the red ?

imtiaz78 said:   Why the red ?
Probably because it's an older gen phone and the Nexus 4 is cheaper ($299 for 8gig/$349 16gig).
That and the S4 is coming out in Jan (or at least announced).

Nothing wrong with this phone though, but the Nexus 4 has put a lot of pressure on off contract pricing expectations, IMO.

imtiaz78 said:   Why the red ?

I did not RED you but it's been $299 at WM for over 6 months

Nice deal especially if you prefer to have the white phone.

coolbreeze said:   imtiaz78 said:   Why the red ?
Probably because it's an older gen phone and the Nexus 4 is cheaper ($299 for 8gig/$349 16gig).
That and the S4 is coming out in Jan (or at least announced).

Nothing wrong with this phone though, but the Nexus 4 has put a lot of pressure on off contract pricing expectations, IMO.

Can the S2 be upgraded to v4.1 Jelly Bean?

If you are going to use T-Mo's network, I don't see why you'd buy this instead of a Nexus 4.

Nexus 4 has been sold out ... I don't know may people that have been able to buy this phone. The true "off-contract" price on this phone is the eBay price.. and that's ~$500.

MaxRC said:   If you are going to use T-Mo's network, I don't see why you'd buy this instead of a Nexus 4.

Because this T-Mobile version of the SGS2 has the native T-Mobile WiFi calling app that works VERY well and allows some of us to make free VOIP calls

wasben said:   I saw the pay-as-you-go TMobile Galaxy II in the Houston, TX, WalMart flyer for $299 today. So if you want to use it with your monthly plan or otherwise don't need the $50 card, you might be better off at WalMart.
I saw this deal a lot of times on WalMart's website.

I was debating this vs LG Optimus L9 few days ago. I end up buying LG Optimus as I did not see any value of investing $100+ extra on Samsung just for better processing power....

radiobufff said:   MaxRC said:   If you are going to use T-Mo's network, I don't see why you'd buy this instead of a Nexus 4.

Because this T-Mobile version of the SGS2 has the native T-Mobile WiFi calling app that works VERY well and allows some of us to make free VOIP calls

Are you sure about that? Doesn't wifi calling count against your minutes?

mdrollas said:   radiobufff said:   MaxRC said:   If you are going to use T-Mo's network, I don't see why you'd buy this instead of a Nexus 4.

Are you sure about that? Doesn't wifi calling count against your minutes?

Yes, this "feature" has been around since the old blackberry days. And yes it charges against your minutes. Complete sham. It only benefits those that have poor reception at home or office... and need wifi to connect. This is really just a connection redundancy and does not offer any value in minutes.

Sania said:   I was debating this vs LG Optimus L9 few days ago. I end up buying LG Optimus as I did not see any value of investing $100+ extra on Samsung just for better processing power....

How has your L9 been? I also saw that last month, but reviewers seemed to be unhappy with the battery life, so I passed on it.

There is an app called Bobsled that lets you make Wifi calls in the Play store. Also one for texting. Not sure what caller ID/number shows, but it's free. I just use Google Talk and Groove IP lite.

Tmobile puts out that app for anyone, not just TMobile accounts. for the advertising I guess.

imtiaz78 said:   Good deal if you want a no annual contract phone.
Comes with FREE $50 refill card so the phone cost $299 without any contract, Free Shipping.

Samsung Galaxy S II on Tmobile
Linky

The phone is $330 at WalMart witrh a $30 prepaid card and $299 without so the $50 card is not free. You are paying for it.

MaxRC said:   If you are going to use T-Mo's network, I don't see why you'd buy this instead of a Nexus 4.

Because the Nexus 4 went the way of Apple with a nonn-replaceable battery. Phones with non-replaceable batteries went out in the 1940s.

This is another example of stupidity in design. No one can make anything with all the best features.

Because you can buy this today and at a fair price without a contract.... I've got better stuff to do than wait around for the nexus to become available to purchase again, let alone wait weeks for it to ship.

Lvscott said:   
Because the Nexus 4 went the way of Apple with a nonn-replaceable battery. Phones with non-replaceable batteries went out in the 1940s.

This is another example of stupidity in design. No one can make anything with all the best features.

That stupid design has sold hundreds of millions of units... non-replaceable batteries generally aren't a problem for most consumers - as long as the battery will last all day, every day for the projected 18-24 months you'll have the device. Not to mention, on the iphone 4/4s, the battery takes seconds to replace. So you need a special screwdriver - big deal, order it with the battery.

I purchased the S2 about a month ago for $299 from WalMart and have been very happy with it. I cashed in my accidental damage replacement plan on my buggy, water-damaged exhibit II, so I had a $200 gift card to put toward it (actually, I put the whole thing on AMEX for the extended warranty and traded the giftcard for cash.) The most disappointing part was that they don't offer an accidental damage warranty on the S2. For $16, it really paid itself off with my exhibit.

Also, FWIW I'm on the $30 plan and use VOIP when in wifi coverage. I use a combo of Bobsled (for calling customer service, businesses, etc) Talkatone (a paid app that works with Google Voice and can receive calls) and Eon Lite (free outgoing calls under 10 mins) lately which has had decent call quality for me

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.