• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
CANON EF 70-200
Shows up at $629.00 final price after an instant $80 rebate. Add to card and another $80 is removed, final price $559.00. Looks like a decent deal, lower price may be a computer error. Non image stabilized lens, but the high quality build and glass adds to the value.

The Canon 70-200mm F/4L is commonly used for Art, Documentary, Fun, General purpose, Landscape/scenery, Landscape photography, Photojournalism, Portraits, Sports, Sports/action, Travel, Upgrade, Video, Weddings, Wildlife, Wildlife photos and more.The Canon 70-200mm F/4L is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Casual user, Enthusiast, Photo enthusiast, Professional, Pro photographer, Semi-professional, Semi-pro photographer among others.The Canon 70-200mm F/4L is popular because customers like the following qualities of the Canon 70-200mm F/4L: Clear glass, Consistent output, Durable, Easily interchangeable, Easily mounted, Easy to clean, Fast / accurate auto-focus, Lightweight, Nice bokeh, Quiet, Rugged, Sharp, Simple controls, Strong construction to mention just a few.

Adorama
See Adorama coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM Autofocus Telephoto Zoom
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I think $559 for a new EF 70-200mm f/4L is a great price. I have this lens and it is sharp lens even wide open.

I ordered it, keeping my fingers crossed. Seemed like a good deal and I've got a lens extender I've had and never been able to use because I didn't have an L lens that would fit it, may get over 400mm out of this lens now on a bright day

Not a price mistake or computer glitch, B&H has it for the same price. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?is=USA&Q=&A=deta... I keep going back and forth on weather I need the IS or not.

brehas said:   Not a price mistake or computer glitch, B&H has it for the same price. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?is=USA&Q=&A=deta... I keep going back and forth on weather I need the IS or not.

Was messing around on Amazon looking for some other stuff and found they too just lowered the price to $559 with free shipping.

legirons said:   I ordered it, keeping my fingers crossed. Seemed like a good deal and I've got a lens extender I've had and never been able to use because I didn't have an L lens that would fit it, may get over 400mm out of this lens now on a bright day

If you mean 200mm with TC to 400mm, you must have the 2x TC. That should rob 2 stops of light from the lens and make it a 400mm f/8. Not 100% sure if AF work well in f/8 though.

Longbean said:   legirons said:   I ordered it, keeping my fingers crossed. Seemed like a good deal and I've got a lens extender I've had and never been able to use because I didn't have an L lens that would fit it, may get over 400mm out of this lens now on a bright day

If you mean 200mm with TC to 400mm, you must have the 2x TC. That should rob 2 stops of light from the lens and make it a 400mm f/8. Not 100% sure if AF work well in f/8 though.
Yea, I got a x2 at an auction once, brand new in a box for next to nothing. The body is a 1.6 so it's going to be around a 640mm? Might be fun for a bright day. At least I get a chance to mess with the extender before I peddle it off

at the sub $600 price you can probably use this lens for a quite a few years and sell it for little to no loss in your "investment." you may even be able to sell it for more!

back in the days of the bing Cash Back and payplus bonus i was able to buy the f/4L IS version for $700 tax free. i also picked up several other lenses with the bing Cash Back. whenever you see a good L lens at a discounted price just buy it!

I'd been watching Craigs list but the prices are equal to just a bit under retail. Figure this one will last me a long time.

Still Alive at B&H looks to be dead at Adorama and Amazon.

Wish I had the cash for this on hand. Green for OP, anyone want to make it a very happy new year for me?

Need IS for that range unless using tripod

nongdam said:   Need IS for that range unless using tripod I just about always use a tripod or a braced monopod. If it doesn't work I'll eBay the extender, only have $50 in it anyway!

It depends on what you shoot and the conditions. You do not need IS if you are able to shoot it with fast enough shutter speed and with good hand held technique. In general, if you are able to shoot faster than 1/200 for full frame or 1/320 if you are using a cropped body at 200mm focal length, it should be fine. So in order to achieve a faster shutter speed, you either need more light or raise the ISO (shoot at f/4 if needed)

Is the rebate is valid for this lens?

Thanks

MN

Yeah, I posted the Amazon price almost a month ago. Still live (until the rebate runs out -- probably 1/31).
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1244773/

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.