• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Amazon.com currently has the H&R Block At Home Deluxe + State 2012 tax software for $21.99 with free super saver shipping on orders over $25. This is the actual boxed product, not the download.

Link

1/21/2013 Update: Price back to $25.95 shipped.

1/27/2013 Update: Price back down to $21.99, so no free shipping unless you're a prime member or you add product to break the $25 barrier.

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

H&R block
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Got the premium and business for $23 after tax.

nasshea (Jan. 26, 2013 @ 8:02p) |

I just had BB price match the 23.27 Amazon price and I got a $10 gift card in store. Even better deal.

DutchessPDX (Jan. 26, 2013 @ 9:04p) |

Just bought the download version from Amazon. When I try to install, I keep getting an error. Crap!

SidFarcus (Feb. 06, 2013 @ 4:04a) |

YOU CAN GET THIS PRICE PLUS A $10 GC HERE

Text

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The bot raised the price to $29.82, that's over 10% increase. Well, got it as I was going to get it from Target for $35.

Back down to $25.99. Amzon doing their usual.

Got it for $25.99 plus tax. Thanks OP!

And it'll probably go down more. I think it dropped to $18.99 from time to time last year if I remember correctly.

Got it... it's low enough for me at this price.

Thanks OP, Decent price!

One of the sellers under "more buying choices" has it for $19.99 + $3.99 shipping.

I always figured most people migrated to the online versions of these products. I used to buy the CDs, usually bundled with an anti-virus product for a good deal, years ago, but now just use TaxAct or TurboTax online. It's usually cheaper and still has all the bells and whistles these have.

george2001 said:   And it'll probably go down more. I think it dropped to $18.99 from time to time last year if I remember correctly.

Yes ... but I don't think that lasted long (until later in the tax season), and there is no guarantee that it will drop. So, to me, it's worth it to buy now. If a great deal comes up in the near future, I can always buy new and return the first, if necessary.

Back up to $31.85.

Let's see if it will drop back to $26, then price match at Staples and use $5/$25 coupon (expires 1/5)

http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/hBQ4$llB7SHGCB8v9m$CYVdxkc3/...

to bring it down to about $21

Does this include free e-file for both the Federal and State?

I've been using H&R Block's online version as I like that my returns are archived and easily accessible. Does the software version allow you to archive past returns online?

DaCurryman said:   Does this include free e-file for both the Federal and State?

No. Free federal e-file only.

$31.85 still.

kmsandrbs said:   DaCurryman said:   Does this include free e-file for both the Federal and State?

No. Free federal e-file only.

For NY State, the e-file is free because New York law prohibits an additional charge for e-filing (link)

I received a install DVD in the mail for H&R Block, not sure who gets it but I used H&R Block for the first time last year. It's $9.95 for deluxe, $14.95 for Deluxe +state, and $24.95 for the premium.

I just received it in the mail without ordering it.

H. R. Block
Disclaimer
zippz said:   I received a install DVD in the mail for H&R Block, not sure who gets it but I used H&R Block for the first time last year. It's $9.95 for deluxe, $14.95 for Deluxe +state, and $24.95 for the premium.

I just received it in the mail without ordering it.

I got a free DVD in the mail too:

Free H&R Block at Home Deluxe and State - full version
Five free federal e-files
Free State E-File
Free Audit Support with representation.

I just installed and activated it and there don't seem to be any hidden catches.

I used TurboTax last year so perhaps Block is trying to woo me back.

----------------------

Thanks for registering your H&R Block 2012 Deluxe + state + federal and state e-file software.

Redeem Your 5 Free Federal E-files

Your installation entitles you to 5 free federal e-filed returns. You'll need this Key Code to take advantage of this service.

Key Code: XXXXXXX

1. After completing your federal return, go to the File tab.
2. If this code isn't automatically populated, enter the Key Code from this e-mail.

One state program download and state e-file is included. You can purchase additional state programs by selecting the State tab.

Get Your Free Ask a Tax Advisor Consultation

You're also entitled to 1 free session with an H&R Block tax professional. You'll need the Key Code to take advantage of this service.

1. Establish an Internet connection.
2. Click Ask a Tax Question in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Follow the instructions to submit your question. If your question isn't answered, click Ask a Tax Advisor.
4. Register, use your Key Code when prompted to pay, and provide your contact information.
5. Submit your personal tax question, and an H&R Block tax professional will contact you.

Registration Information
Name: Kariput
Address: Somewhere

H&R Block At Home Deluxe + state + federal and state e-file: FREE

They must send out different H&R dvds, because the only one I've gotten so far this year (usually get it multiple times) is $24.95 deluxe, $34.95 deluxe and one state, and $54.95 premium and one state, ie, no deal at all. I have my own business so I've used H&R Premium for multiple years now, I guess they don't reward steady customers.

WalterGuy said:   They must send out different H&R dvds, because the only one I've gotten so far this year (usually get it multiple times) is $24.95 deluxe, $34.95 deluxe and one state, and $54.95 premium and one state, ie, no deal at all. I have my own business so I've used H&R Premium for multiple years now, I guess they don't reward steady customers.

I got the same (more expensive) offer through the mail. I've also been using their product for about 10 years now, since when they were Kiplinger TaxCut

For those with investments or rental properties: Premium version for $31.94 at time of update

Currently showing $27.99 for me, not bad.

It was down to $25 for the Download version. I made a print out took it to Staples, manager said they didn't pricematch Amazon. Went to another store, pricematched it and threw on the $5 off $25 coupon and got it for ~$20 after 5% off on AMEX Simply Cash and 6% tax. Thanks, OP

Deluxe + State 2012 CD or download are $21.99 now at Amazon. Offer expires 11:59 Pacific Time January 5, 2013, or while supplies last, and with other standard disclaimers...

So based on what I see here, Deluxe has 5 free efiles for fed only, while the Deluxe + State includes same plus just 1 state efile... Does the Deluxe allow printing of state forms so I can just input the numbers into my state filings?

Thisiswhaticanafford said:   So based on what I see here, Deluxe has 5 free efiles for fed only, while the Deluxe + State includes same plus just 1 state efile... Does the Deluxe allow printing of state forms so I can just input the numbers into my state filings?

Yes, printing is always allowed, even if there is free e-file or no e-file.
Typically, I have been using Federal e-file and state print and mail. Not sure, if state e-file is included in deluxe version.

Any chance there will be a rebate on top of this? Seems like there is usually a 5 or 10 dollar MIR every year

Thisiswhaticanafford said:   So based on what I see here, Deluxe has 5 free efiles for fed only, while the Deluxe + State includes same plus just 1 state efile... Does the Deluxe allow printing of state forms so I can just input the numbers into my state filings?

State efile is not included in any boxed or download version of H&R Block At Home software. Efiling your state return will cost you an extra $20.

See link below:

H&R Block At Home - State Fees

Had Amazon price match today's price. Not their standard policy, but saves them money from me returning and rebuying. It was a quick and painless chat session that took all of one minute.

And I use the box version because, in the past, there have been rebates but only for the boxed version. Doesn't mean there will be one this year, of course.

nm see the info above

Down to $21.99 now!!!!!!!

There is info on SD on how to get it for free:

http://slickdeals.net/f/5768474-H-R-Block-At-Home-Deluxe-State-eFile-FREE-it-s-back-Premium-State-Program-19-95

Has anyone been able to install on windows 8?

Down again - now at $23.94

Down to $21.99

WalterGuy said:   They must send out different H&R dvds, because the only one I've gotten so far this year (usually get it multiple times) is $24.95 deluxe, $34.95 deluxe and one state, and $54.95 premium and one state, ie, no deal at all. I have my own business so I've used H&R Premium for multiple years now, I guess they don't reward steady customers.

Yea, that is the one I received this year. Usually get 2 copies and one has a mail in $10 rebate. Cheapies this year.

I got the deluxe version plust state for $.95 (plus taxes) with the name your price deal on SD. There's a post as of 1/20/2013 that it's still working.

Skipping 4 Messages...
Just bought the download version from Amazon. When I try to install, I keep getting an error. Crap!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014