• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
These Royal Riviera Pears drop from $29.95 to $24.95 at Harry and David, plus they ship free, which saves $8.95 in fees.
Or, you can choose to order 2 boxes which will drop from $44.92 to $34.92, which drops the price to $17.42 a box - which matches the best price we have seen on these pears.
They are very well reviewed and come with 7-12 pears per box.
Sales tax is charged in most states.

Harry and David
See Harry and David promo codes that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

pears (12.88kB)
Thanks JayMatt19
Disclaimer
The Favorite® Royal Riviera® Pears are our medium sized pears. They are perfect for lunches or to finish off dinner with some yummy cheese. Each box of The Favorite® Royal Riviera® Pears has about nine pears in it. The perfect amount for families. And if you don't think you can eat nine pears before they go bad, just keep some in the fridge until you're ready for them. They won't ripen as quickly in there.

Thanks "cheaper" at _ _ (Yesterday, 12:21 AM)

In for 1 - thanks and green for you op!

Great deal if you like pears (I don't). I have suppliers that send me these every year - i give them to our receptionist who loves them.

rootbear said:   Great deal if you like pears (I don't). I have suppliers that send me these every year - i give them to our receptionist who loves them.

I don't normally like to eat pears either. These Rivera pears are one of the exceptions.

Their Maverick pears are also on sale -- $19.95 for 1 box or $29.92 for two, plus free shipping.

jlkc said:   Their Maverick pears are also on sale -- $19.95 for 1 box or $29.92 for two, plus free shipping.

Never had them - does anyone know how they compare to the Royal Rivera's?

Mavericks are supposed to be the Royal Rivieras with slight blems (brown spots). Same quality offered, and I have not been disappointed.

ljderm said:   Mavericks are supposed to be the Royal Rivieras with slight blems (brown spots). Same quality offered, and I have not been disappointed.Whatever they call them, they're still just Comice pears, hugely overpriced for hand selection and shipping. From what I've heard they've had quality issues in the last couple years too. People mentioned problems with smaller sized fruit, bad fruit received, and poor customer support when looking for replacement. Decent price if you buy 2 boxes, but wouldn't touch them at $25 a box.

Danzilla said:   ljderm said:   Mavericks are supposed to be the Royal Rivieras with slight blems (brown spots). Same quality offered, and I have not been disappointed.Whatever they call them, they're still just Comice pears, hugely overpriced for hand selection and shipping. From what I've heard they've had quality issues in the last couple years too. People mentioned problems with smaller sized fruit, bad fruit received, and poor customer support when looking for replacement. Decent price if you buy 2 boxes, but wouldn't touch them at $25 a box.

Many moons ago, i would buy these pears and they were great. They looked huge and tasted yummy

I bought them again in a recent year or two ago and the qualities were not the same. Smaller pears that looked and tasted just like what i can buy at the local fruit store 2 for $1.

FYI, I've also heard that the original H&D sold the company and its now run by some other entity.

We have never tried the Royals before but ordered a box for ourselves and my brother a couple weeks ago. They arrived in great condition and looked terrific. They were not close to being ripe, so we just set the box aside and waited close to a week. They were delicious and my 12 year-old was stunned because she's only had the "nasty grainy ones" at her school cafeteria.

Once they started becoming ripe they started going fast, so we put them in the fridge and they lasted a few more days 'til they were all eaten.

Definitely pricey, but for us in Georgia, where good fruit can sometimes be surprisingly hard to come by, these were a fun treat.

Avoid non-organic pears.. HEAVY pesticides used on pears.

Bizatch said:   Avoid non-organic pears.. HEAVY pesticides used on pears.Here you go, Skippy!

H&D Orgasmic Fruits

Wow, the standard ones aren't even organic? I expected them to be at their prices. Looks like the organic ones are +10.

These are the best.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014