• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Get a free Android Samsung SPH-M820

So I'm on the 'Pay as you go' prepaid plan with Boost Mobile using their IDEN (Nextel) network, which is going away next year. I don't want to stay with them because they jacked my per minute rate up to .25 from .10. I called customer service 1-866-402-7366 to get my account number so I can port my phone number over to PagePlus, they asked why I was leaving, I tolded them that they're expensive and I'm going over to PagePlus. They then offered me a free phone (no contract) to stay with them. I wasn't expecting much, but I received a Samsung Android smartphone ($60 android) in the mail a couple days later. Since I have 4 phone numbers with Boost Mobile (used for Instamapper tracking, that went away too), I've since called them back again to get 3 more free phones. I didn't sign a contract, I didn't send in my old phone, as they told me it isn't required. One of the 3 people I spoke with said that they couldn't help me, but I called back and the next person could send me the free phones.

Steps:

1. Call 866-402-7366
2. Select 'Technical Support' (It's a pain to get thru to someone)
3. Select 'Trouble Placing Calls'
4. Press 0 to speak with an agent (you'll need your Boost number and 4 digit pin code for them to pull up your account)
5. Tell 1st agent you need your account number to port your phone number over to another wireless carrier, they then transfer you to a retention department.
6. Tell 2nd agent same thing, they tell you they'll send you a free phone (they didn't tell me what kind at this point)
7. Give agent shipping address, no credit card info is asked for.

Good luck and as always, YMMV

Member Summary

Samsung SPH-M820
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is highly YMMV. I called yesterday and was not offered anything.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014