• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

WoW Deal (79.23kB)
Disclaimer
If you're looking to get World of Warcraft for someone as a gift, or for yourself to start playing it, here's a great deal for a starter...

I loaded a new pc for my daughter and had to download the Blizzard loader to download 21GB for WoW's digital install. During the 5 hour download, the Blizzard loader showed "Give the Gift of Warcraft":

WoW Battle Chest - $5.00 (Includes World of Warcraft, Burning Crusade Expansion, and Wrath of the Lich King Expansion)
WoW Cataclysm Expansion - $10.00
WoW Mists of Pandaria Expansion - $30.00

All are digital download, but you can choose the option for the box sets and probably pay shipping as well. Every now and then you'll find Pandaria for $20 at Amazon or somewhere, but to get it all in one place/shopping cart and directly from Blizzard is a good deal.

You MUST follow the link below to the Battle.net Blog to get the correct links to the discounts on Blizzard!!

Also, they are offering 50% off select pets (Reg $10.00, now $5.00)

Link to Battle.net Blog

Please do not hijack this thread about how good or bad WoW is... thank you!

Member Summary
Staff Summary

nice... if only i dont have a life....

Price of the game itself is irrelevant.

The MONTHLY cost is what matters. $13x12mo = $156/yr + cost of the game putting you at $200 for the first year.

That's obscene. Blizzard has gotten away with this scheme for some time and many others have tried to copy and subsequently failed this brazen highway robbery.

Panaria was just $20 last weekend, and the Battle Chest and Cataclysm have been $5/$10 for some time. So really this is a price hike, since over the weekend you could have bought all of them for $35.

These prices are not going to be going UP on an 8 year old game, folks.

opathal said:   Price of the game itself is irrelevant.

The MONTHLY cost is what matters. $13x12mo = $156/yr + cost of the game putting you at $200 for the first year.

That's obscene. Blizzard has gotten away with this scheme for some time and many others have tried to copy and subsequently failed this brazen highway robbery.

Gotten away with it?

What do you propose they do? Charge nothing for the game and make the game play free?

They are a for profit company. Anyone that thinks they should do it for less profit is insane.

Actually, they are moving towards a free-to-play system. With microtransactions as the means to support the game.

paciorek said:   Actually, they are moving towards a free-to-play system. With microtransactions as the means to support the game.

I should have stated it another way... They have 10 million (or however many) paying subscribers that make this a very profitable game. It waould have been crazy to give up the billions in revenue the game brought in no matter if someone did not like it or not.

The cost of this game versus the time yuou played usually broke down to less than a dollar per hour of gaming.

If it moves to a free type of play and I can restart my account, I would be ahppy to.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014