• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Browsing Amazon and I saw this: LINK

Seems like a pretty good deal if you're looking for a NEW one.

Simple one-wire hookup for analog or digital input.
Simple remote control learning function - no new remote!
Dual 1.5" x 6" HHRT drivers, potent 6.5" wireless subwoofer in a vented enclosure. 150 Watts peak system power.
Optical digital input and Dolby Digital decoding . Digitally Optimized Virtual Surround mode for fantastic movie and TV experience
Inputs: 1 optical Dolby Digital, 1 RCA stereo, 1 3.5mm mini plug stereo
Backed by a limited five-year warranty

Next lowest price is $179.99 at Tiger Direct.

Member Summary

Boston Acoustics TVee Model 25
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This seems to be a good deal! I'm struggling now.
Just got a Yes from my wife for the Energy Take 5. Don't know if she'd yes this one too...

fongo61 said:   Browsing Amazon and I saw this: LINK

Seems like a pretty good deal if you're looking for a NEW one.

Simple one-wire hookup for analog or digital input.
Simple remote control learning function - no new remote!
Dual 1.5" x 6" HHRT drivers, potent 6.5" wireless subwoofer in a vented enclosure. 150 Watts peak system power.
Optical digital input and Dolby Digital decoding . Digitally Optimized Virtual Surround mode for fantastic movie and TV experience
Inputs: 1 optical Dolby Digital, 1 RCA stereo, 1 3.5mm mini plug stereo
Backed by a limited five-year warranty

Next lowest price is $179.99 at Tiger Direct.

Tempting.. and it's 2013 now.. ; )

Read this review and then decide: AVS Forum. I jumped on this deal, but then cancelled my order.

Steve0 said:   Read this review and then decide: AVS Forum. I jumped on this deal, but then cancelled my order.

Is it just a coincidence that review was written by "SteveO1717"??

He did say he can't hear very well
I just ordered the sound bar today. I'll check in after I get it set up and tested if you guys want another review. I did the Amazon deal with Prime, free two-day shipping. I ordered the sound bar as the Element 50" LCD I had picked up on clearance at Target has an excellent picture but subpar surround sound.

Dont get it, Boston acoustics service is horrible. I bought one from them, the first one the sub did not work. They shipped another 2 weeks later after i returned the first and it the remote doesnt work and the volume goes up and down on its own. Called to return. They would do nothing and wouldnt even let me return it. They based my return based off the original ship date and not when I received the new replacement unit. Horrible company and I would never buy a piece of shit from them again!

gator2000 said:   Steve0 said:   Read this review and then decide: AVS Forum. I jumped on this deal, but then cancelled my order.

Yes, only a coincidence. I am not him.

That said, I did order the TVee 25 after all and am satisfied with it. I posted my review at Amazon and also at TiVo Community's Help Forum.

Bjamm said: Dont get it, Boston acoustics service is horrible. I bought one from them, the first one the sub did not work. They shipped another 2 weeks later after i returned the first and it the remote doesnt work and the volume goes up and down on its own. Called to return. They would do nothing and wouldnt even let me return it. They based my return based off the original ship date and not when I received the new replacement unit. Horrible company and I would never buy a piece of shit from them again!
Amazon has a great return service if need be.

edit: forgot quote.

Steve0 said:   gator2000 said:   Steve0 said:   Read this review and then decide: AVS Forum. I jumped on this deal, but then cancelled my order.

Yes, only a coincidence. I am not him.

That said, I did order the TVee 25 after all and am satisfied with it. I posted my review at Amazon and also at TiVo Community's Help Forum.

What did you rate it?

bjamm said:   Dont get it, Boston acoustics service is horrible. I bought one from them, the first one the sub did not work. They shipped another 2 weeks later after i returned the first and it the remote doesnt work and the volume goes up and down on its own. Called to return. They would do nothing and wouldnt even let me return it. They based my return based off the original ship date and not when I received the new replacement unit. Horrible company and I would never buy a piece of shit from them again!

I've never had a problem with their service (Denon/BA/Marantz/etc.).

Having said that BA has changed their soundbar offerings a lot, and this one is bottom basement with 1.5"x6" oval drivers, no tweeters, and a wimpy 6.5" subwoofer. It's a bottom end product from a typically decent audio company trying to compete with the >$150 crap being pawned off by other value brands. This is what happens when brands go to Best Buy. They start making garbage.

Older and higher up TVee models have ~3.5" drivers and actual tweeters (which are good), with a 8" or larger subwoofer. Those sound a lot better, and if you are going to spend the money on a soundbar that is about where you should start - make sure it has a true 2-way design and a 8" sub. Though the 6.5" sub in this unit might be ok in a small room, there is no making up for the limitation of tiny full range drivers. BA should know better.

FranksandBeans said:   bjamm said:   Dont get it, Boston acoustics service is horrible. I bought one from them, the first one the sub did not work. They shipped another 2 weeks later after i returned the first and it the remote doesnt work and the volume goes up and down on its own. Called to return. They would do nothing and wouldnt even let me return it. They based my return based off the original ship date and not when I received the new replacement unit. Horrible company and I would never buy a piece of shit from them again!

I've never had a problem with their service (Denon/BA/Marantz/etc.).

Having said that BA has changed their soundbar offerings a lot, and this one is bottom basement with 1.5"x6" oval drivers, no tweeters, and a wimpy 6.5" subwoofer. It's a bottom end product from a typically decent audio company trying to compete with the >$150 crap being pawned off by other value brands. This is what happens when brands go to Best Buy. They start making garbage.

Older and higher up TVee models have ~3.5" drivers and actual tweeters (which are good), with a 8" or larger subwoofer. Those sound a lot better, and if you are going to spend the money on a soundbar that is about where you should start. Though the 6.5" sub in this unit might be ok in a small room, there is no making up for tiny full range drivers. BA should know better.

Thank you. I'll give it a test run when it arrives. I've always had Yamaha systems with Klipsch speakers (which I still have), but wanted to simplify with the new TV and not run wires around the room. My budget is around $250, but when I saw the price drop on the BA system, I jumped on it. I want to see how a sound bar performs and if it sucks, I'll just go back to a real surround system with wireless rears--assuming that the wireless rears have gotten better.

Edit: This system was originally priced in the $300+ range, so this should give me at least a sample of what that range can provide.

As we all figured, I'm returning the sound bar. Though it worked with my Harmony remote, any time I pressed any button other than the ones associated with the soundbar the sound would cut out. The surround sound effect is non-existent. I'm sure that neophytes will appreciate the sound, but I'm going back to a dedicated surround system with wireless rears. Any suggestions? And thanks for all of your input.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014