• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just as a reminder for everyone to change their furnace filters with the new year (new month, new quarter...or however often you change your filters...), through January 31, get an extra 15% discount on 3M Filtrete Ultimate air filters shipped and sold by Amazon.com, for a total savings of up to 35%. (Discount taken at checkout) . Enjoy and breathe free!

Linkazon

Member Summary

filter
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Had a new Carrier heatpump/air handler installed a year ago. The installation company specifically recommended NOT usin... (more)

DUDSTER (Jan. 12, 2013 @ 6:59p) |

Very well stated....I think a lot has to do with the type of system you have. Especially for those sensitive to allerg... (more)

DOChicago (Jan. 13, 2013 @ 8:35a) |

Bump

DOChicago (Jan. 24, 2013 @ 9:18a) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$15 rebate if you buy 4 3M filters 1500 mpr or higher: rebate link

momoman said:   $15 rebate if you buy 4 3M filters 1500 mpr or higher: rebate link

Thanks...just keep in mind the fine print states "A multi-pack is considered a single unit." So you might end up needing to purchase 4 multi-packs to get the best deal AND qualify for the rebate.

DOChicago said:   momoman said:   $15 rebate if you buy 4 3M filters 1500 mpr or higher: rebate link

Thanks...just keep in mind the fine print states "A multi-pack is considered a single unit." So you might end up needing to purchase 4 multi-packs to get the best deal AND qualify for the rebate.


Last time I ordered these filters from Amazon each filter in the 6-pack was individually wrapped and had a separate UPC code so the rebate was no problem.

how are these compared to the ones we get at costco?

Great deal, OP. These filters would cost $20 a piece at Home Depot.

Only seeing 15% discount here. How do you get the 35%? Thanks.

charleskoz said:   Only seeing 15% discount here. How do you get the 35%? Thanks.

Looks as if the 35% off sale is only on the higher end 1900 MPR filters.

charleskoz said:   Only seeing 15% discount here. How do you get the 35%? Thanks.

Same here, only 15% discount being applied at checkout... is the additional 20% for select filter sizes? TIA!

macguy said:   charleskoz said:   Only seeing 15% discount here. How do you get the 35%? Thanks.

Looks as if the 35% off sale is only on the higher end 1900 MPR filters.


I've a 1900 MPR filter in my cart... looks like the discount may be applied only for select models.

Thanks.

How long these filters last or should be replaced - some suggested a year. I buy cheap filters from WalMart for a month replacement

How long these filters last or should be replaced

Usually three months

sardarji said:   How long these filters last or should be replaced - some suggested a year. I buy cheap filters from WalMart for a month replacement

That's what my furnace repair guy recommended doing. (Buy cheap filters and replace regularly.)

cyfan said:   sardarji said:   How long these filters last or should be replaced - some suggested a year. I buy cheap filters from WalMart for a month replacement

That's what my furnace repair guy recommended doing. (Buy cheap filters and replace regularly.)


Same here. Was told to buy cheap filters and replace monthly.

Biggest scam after "geek squad" services.

If you have asthma, how much better are the 2200s? I wish they would discount those too.

Wallykid1 said:   how are these compared to the ones we get at costco?

Costco ones are 1500 mpr. Good enough and it's about 40 for 3 packs (20x25x1)

not all sizes are of equal discount. i'll pass.

Thanks OP!

I use these for a little less. I can notice a big improvement over the cheap filters. Linkazon

sleakpocket said:   Wallykid1 said:   how are these compared to the ones we get at costco?

Costco ones are 1500 mpr. Good enough and it's about 40 for 3 packs (20x25x1)


Just an FYI...the final discounted price doesn't appear until checkout (the in-cart price is not yet discounted). I ended up getting a 6-pack of 1900 MPR 16x25x1s for $85.84 or about $14.30/filter.

As stated above, the Costco 1500 MPR runs about $40+tax for 3-pack ~~ $14.13+/filter (depending on your area sales tax).

Hope this helps!

nm.

DOChicago said:   sleakpocket said:   Wallykid1 said:   how are these compared to the ones we get at costco?
er.

As stated above, the Costco 1500 MPR
Costco ones are 1500 mpr. Good enough and it's about 40 for 3 packs (20x25x1)


Just an FYI...the final discounted price doesn't appear until checkout (the in-cart price is not yet discounted). I ended up getting a 6-pack of 1900 MPR 16x25x1s for $85.84 or about $14.30/filt] runs about $40+tax for 3-pack ~~ $14.13+/filter (depending on your area sales tax).

Hope this helps!


The 4 pack seems a better deal, as you get 4 for $12.40 per filter. If each filter has a UPC, that drops to $8.64 with rebate.

nm

dbphillips said:   DOChicago said:   sleakpocket said:   Wallykid1 said:   how are these compared to the ones we get at costco?
er.

As stated above, the Costco 1500 MPR
Costco ones are 1500 mpr. Good enough and it's about 40 for 3 packs (20x25x1)


Just an FYI...the final discounted price doesn't appear until checkout (the in-cart price is not yet discounted). I ended up getting a 6-pack of 1900 MPR 16x25x1s for $85.84 or about $14.30/filt] runs about $40+tax for 3-pack ~~ $14.13+/filter (depending on your area sales tax).

Hope this helps!


The 4 pack seems a better deal, as you get 4 for $12.40 per filter. If each filter has a UPC, that drops to $8.64 with rebate.


Even better!

I'm not going to weigh in on the debate over weather you should or shouldn't use this for a furnace, but what I use them for is a cheap Air purifier. Buy any box fan, get one of these high end filters (20 by 20), put it over the side where the air comes into the box fan and have yourself something that works almost as good as air purifiers that are hundreds of dollars.

Yes I know some higher end stuff with HEPA filters will filter more, but for people who don't have super sensitive allergies or just wants a little less dust in the house this solution works great without breaking the budget. After two or three months these filters are ready to change with all sorts of nasty stuff collected.

Awesome. I just got a 6 pack of the 1900 20x25... After shipping and a $10.00 gift card from Amazon Credit card sign up.. I walked away w/ 6 delivered for $59.64 (tax + prime shipping) After MIR.

Thank you OP.. Great deal.. Lowes has the same thing advertised at $19.97 each + tax (8.25% for me).. Saved me 50%

Just a side note, do you homework before choosing filter effectiveness or thickness or whatever rating you use. Finer particulate filters actually cause more strain on your hvac unit and can short term cause higher energy bills and long term burn up parts. Your furnace is designed to flow "x" amount of air and you can really screw up that formula with crazy good filters. Yes, they do a better job at collecting dust but yes they need to be changed more often and you need to make sure they will even work before using them. Those cheap ones at wally word everyone seems to like do nothing but but protect the furnace by keeping large particles out of it. Lots of dust in the house and what not but they flow really well and are great for people that always forget or go long times between changes. Best advise, check with manufacturer for min flow requirements and change filter every 30 days or at min check every 30 days for reduced flow. YMMV

Had a new Carrier heatpump/air handler installed a year ago. The installation company specifically recommended NOT using these in the system as they were too restrictive to the airflow and would lead to premature failure of the air handler/furnace. I'll pass as well ...

chadecoen said:   Just a side note, do you homework before choosing filter effectiveness or thickness or whatever rating you use. Finer particulate filters actually cause more strain on your hvac unit and can short term cause higher energy bills and long term burn up parts. Your furnace is designed to flow "x" amount of air and you can really screw up that formula with crazy good filters. Yes, they do a better job at collecting dust but yes they need to be changed more often and you need to make sure they will even work before using them. Those cheap ones at wally word everyone seems to like do nothing but but protect the furnace by keeping large particles out of it. Lots of dust in the house and what not but they flow really well and are great for people that always forget or go long times between changes. Best advise, check with manufacturer for min flow requirements and change filter every 30 days or at min check every 30 days for reduced flow. YMMV

Very well stated....I think a lot has to do with the type of system you have. Especially for those sensitive to allergens, the cheapo filters are pretty much garbage.

Bump



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014