• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Thanks!

iBooks also has this for free, but the unabridged 1400 page version!

Thanks, I now have plenty of reading to do!

One of the great all-time books. Thanks.

A big THANKS. Looks like you maxed out on the Green line

It's been available for quite some time here.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/135

And based on the reviews, the kindle version in the post is an abridged version.

One thing to be wary of with Les Miserables is that there are a number of translations. Some are more poetic. Some are straight to the point. Some are even more modern English than others.

I'm waiting for the Fahnestock and Macafee (sp?) to be available on Kindle. Apparently that's a more modern English, unabridged version based on one of the earliest of the English translations.

I'll skip on the Kindle classic one (apparently it's abridged), but the (Hapgood translation) might be interesting.

actives said:   One thing to be wary of with Les Miserables is that there are a number of translations. Some are more poetic. Some are straight to the point. Some are even more modern English than others.

I'm waiting for the Fahnestock and Macafee (sp?) to be available on Kindle. Apparently that's a more modern English, unabridged version based on one of the earliest of the English translations.

I'll skip on the Kindle classic one (apparently it's abridged), but the (Hapgood translation) might be interesting.
So this Kindle version is less miserable?

thank you

Thanks.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT FREE ADMISSION TO THE MOVIE LES MISERABLES. VERY CONFUSING.

MitchFlorida said:   PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT FREE ADMISSION TO THE MOVIE LES MISERABLES. VERY CONFUSING.
Why are you shouting? There is nothing confusing about this thread. What is confusing is stating something false, such as “Breyer’s no longer makes ice cream” when they in fact still do.*

*Inside joke. Mitch knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks OP

Thank you!

thanks op

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014