• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.internetdrugcoupons.com/idc-buying-group/index.php

Create and print your FREE discount prescription drug card below. This card will provide you with Rx medication savings of up to 75% at more than 56,000 pharmacies across the country including CVS/pharmacy, A&P, Hannaford, Kinney, Kmart, Pathmark, Stop and Shop, Target, Tops, Waldbaums, Walgreens, WalMart, Wegmans, and many more. You can create as many cards as you need. We encourage you to give cards to friends and family members. This card is pre-activated and can be used immediately!

NOTE: All prescriptions processed through this program are confidential.

Member Summary

internet drug coupons
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
medicationdiscountcard.com is another similar one

jdubo79 (May. 01, 2013 @ 6:24a) |

Goodrx.com is another one.. it shows prescription costs on your specific meds at pharmacies in your area and provides co... (more)

theedge103 (May. 01, 2013 @ 8:51a) |

I tried the above link for a couple of prescriptions... they say the drugs are not in their database. There exists lots... (more)

BradMajors (May. 01, 2013 @ 10:09a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Anyone with personal experience with this program?

As a pharmacist at cvs I can tell you that these cards usually only take money off a few medicines, usually lortab and Xanax. The medicines that actually help you live longer and healthier lives don't get much of a discount. These will not save you more than your real insurance and they cannot be used with your insurance at cvs anyway.

marcrx said:   As a pharmacist at cvs I can tell you that these cards usually only take money off a few medicines, usually lortab and Xanax. The medicines that actually help you live longer and healthier lives don't get much of a discount. These will not save you more than your real insurance and they cannot be used with your insurance at cvs anyway.

If, however, I do not have health insurance, then would this card benefit me? Would the medicines you mentioned also include allegies, such as Mucinex or Zyrtec? I do get seasonal allergies.

Thanks

Thank you MISTERCHEAP for this post....Green

I got this in the mail a few months ago, I dont know how they got my address ?

I never tryed to use it.

I wonder how this compares to Costco ( Drug pricing information )

http://www2.costco.com/Pharmacy/DrugInformation.aspx?p=1

Or Target & Wal-Mart $4 Rx

http://www.target.com/pharmacy/generics-alphabetic

http://medicationfinder.walmart.com/partners/walmart/wpp.jsp
http://i.walmartimages.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/customer_list.pdf

marcrx said:   As a pharmacist at cvs I can tell you that these cards usually only take money off a few medicines, usually lortab and Xanax. The medicines that actually help you live longer and healthier lives don't get much of a discount. These will not save you more than your real insurance and they cannot be used with your insurance at cvs anyway.

but if you have NO insurance, any discount on any medication it works on is better than nothing. I love how people find negative downsides to something that really has none to start with. you have nothing to lose by at least comparison shopping to see if this membership will save you none, a little or a lot of money.

Thanks Butcherboy for those links. I never knew those existed. Still would like to hear from someone with personal experience in this program that OP posted.

tekrazn said:   Thanks Butcherboy for those links. I never knew those existed. Still would like to hear from someone with personal experience in this program that OP posted.

I think it is great that we can discuss this, Being here on Fatwallet is all about saving money.

I also like to here from F/W members that use this card.

These "discount cards" are oftentimes simply scams. The pharmacy tries to run the card and it won't work. If they do, the pharmacy submits billing and doesn't get reimbursed for the "discount" subsequently denying all cards going forward. The pharmacy I worked in refused to accept these. I'd suggest getting on some type of savings club.

Here's a 2008 AARP website review:

link

opathal said:   These "discount cards" are oftentimes simply scams. The pharmacy tries to run the card and it won't work. If they do, the pharmacy submits billing and doesn't get reimbursed for the "discount" subsequently denying all cards going forward. The pharmacy I worked in refused to accept these. I'd suggest getting on some type of savings club.

however, the website hosting this offer is one of the most reputable/reliable drug discount sites on the web. While I can't speak to this particular savings card, EVERY offer I've ever used off internet drug coupons has been 100% legit, honored and has saved me $1000's of dollars over the years, even WITH insurance (on co pays, free trials, etc)

Thanks for all the input. Being that I do not have health insurance, I will give this a try. Wonder what will happen once Obamacare kick in in 2014 (hopefully big saving).

i take two prescriptions per month.. my insurance copay is 15$ each... i use Rxcut 'internet discount card' for my prescripts because it gets it for me for 20$ per month combined... sad actually, some stupid internet printed card saves me more on my necessary prescription drugs than my very expensive insurance gets me

** because you flamers will ask what 'drugs' i'm on, it' anti-anxiety prescription pills, no, not the $5 generics that the local grocery store offeres... It's literally cheaper on the 'stupid internet card' than it is through my insurance...

Let me save you the one thing that is most valuable, time. Here are some actual savings from my experience everyday running these cards for my patients. Lipitor generic savings $0, antibiotics savings $0, lortab generic savings $15, Xanax generic savings $15, cough medicines without hydrocodone savings $0, being called negative for telling you the truth and saving some people some time priceless.

Real coupons from the manufacturer will save you tons though and a simple search on the web before going to the pharmacy can save you tons. But mainly on brand name drugs. Some independent pharmacies will stack these internet discount cards with your insurance as a way to get your business so that may also be helpful. The best way to tell is to go to the drug manufacturers website not third party and look for a discount coupon and bring into pharmacy or show to them on your phone. Some must be activated. The real coupons can be taken to any pharmacy and be stacked with your insurance. Hope this helps someone

lies lies lies^^^^^^^^^^^^ someone who's never actually used teh card ^.... go to rxcut.com to see what Actual savings you'll get... and this is coming from someone who has insurance

marcrx said:   Real coupons from the manufacturer will save you tons though and a simple search on the web before going to the pharmacy can save you tons. But mainly on brand name drugs

This

marcrx said:   Real coupons from the manufacturer will save you tons though and a simple search on the web before going to the pharmacy can save you tons. But mainly on brand name drugs

This

These cards are better than nothing but here is my short guideline for fatwallet members.I went thru hard time with gf's prescription cost when she lost her insurance.I tried over 10 cards and they have to try each card individually to see the price. They can not be added as a insurance plan to get an automated price if you have several cards.(At least at WalMart)

1-) Get 90 days prescription as much as you can. It can save as much as %40
2-)Google free prescription aid programs.You may be eligible for it.
3-) Learn all about generic prescriptions. hydrocodone with acetaminophen is $10 but hydrocodone with ibuprofen is $80.Tell your doctor that you prefer generic drugs if they work the same. They may think that you have a flat copay plan.
4-) Use one of the following pharmacies(no membership needed for pharmacy section)

-Sams Club (With plus membership discount.You can get a price over the phone)
Do not use SAM insurance plan at WalMart. It is more expensive than Sams.

-Costco Online Pharmacy (google costco drug prices)

You can NOT get controlled substance via mail in prescription.

It'd be nice if someone who is following the thread closely (for financial reasons) compile a guideline and add it to the summary section.(Yes this may be YOU)

I believe they need to put a CAP on how much doctors/pharmacies can overcharge people (with no insurance) compared to Insurance Plans.

5-)This card can provide you a better price if your insurance does not cover a particular drug since there is no insurance negotiated price.

Most people do not know this,

*** You do not need a costco or sams club membership to use the Pharmacy ***

I think it is a good Idea to try this card, After you get it shop around.

Got to love all the comments about how much everyone is saving on their xanax and hydrocodone...two of the most "abused" drugs in America.

All of these cards are referred to as "cash discount" cards are very similar in their pricing formulas. Every time you use the card, the pharmacy agrees to receive a certain reimbursement.. Brand name drugs are based on AWP (average wholesale price) - a certain percentage, plus a dispensing fee. Generic drugs have a similar reimbursement but will also have a formula based on MAC (maximum alllowable cost). As a general rule you will usually save approx 10% on brand name drugs and considerably more on generics, but never as cheap as $4 generics. Thes cash discount cards are so wide spread because the card issuer gets a fee from the pharmacy each time the car is used anywhere from $1 to $4, and the underwriter such as Costco, or even my local bank has got into the business of offering their customers cash discount cards will get a portion of the fee that the processor gets from the pharmacy...

Just know is not insurance, you cannot use these type of cards if you have insurance and alot of pharmacies wont play "pick a card any card" with you because it costs them 35 cents a transaction to try each one.

I only need 2 drugs & a few durable goods, but have never found a helpful card that allows me decent savings at a local Drugstore, but I will try this if I don't see feedback.

The cheapest I can get insulin is ordering from Canada, which has someone in an Asian dialect country answering the phones to take my order, which is made in Turkey, then flown out of London to my house. It is only a 5 country ordeal, but a few more dollars saved. at least WalMart has offered a great alternative for expensive glucose test strips. now just waiting on the inexpensive American made insulin

MeIsCheap said:   I only need 2 drugs & a few durable goods, but have never found a helpful card that allows me decent savings at a local Drugstore, but I will try this if I don't see feedback.

The cheapest I can get insulin is ordering from Canada, which has someone in an Asian dialect country answering the phones to take my order, which is made in Turkey, then flown out of London to my house. It is only a 5 country ordeal, but a few more dollars saved. at least WalMart has offered a great alternative for expensive glucose test strips. now just waiting on the inexpensive American made insulin

I never had any idea how expensive glucose test strips are, tell I read a article in consumer reports last year.

http://news.consumerreports.org/health/2012/09/our-tests-find-ac...

Butcherboy said:   
I never had any idea how expensive glucose test strips are, tell I read a article in consumer reports last year.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/blood-glucose-meters.htm

Looks like I am locked from seeing the full article. I know WalMart has their 50 of their brand strips for ~$20, which is only second to me finding them on craigslist. Sometime I will buy whatever brand meter to take advantage of someones strips of of craigslist, if I don't already have one. meter cheap, consumables expensive

MeIsCheap said:   Butcherboy said:   

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/blood-glucose-meters.htm

Looks like I am locked from seeing the full article. I know WalMart has their 50 of their brand strips for ~$20, which is only second to me finding them on craigslist. Sometime I will buy whatever brand meter to take advantage of someones strips of of craigslist, if I don't already have one. meter cheap, consumables expensive

Approximate Annual strip cost 4 strips a day

Lowest priced

Relion Micro Wal-Mart $569

Up & Up Target $818

There are 21 listed on page 53 of the Nov 2012 Consumer Reports.

akahomeschool said:   i take two prescriptions per month.. my insurance copay is 15$ each... i use Rxcut 'internet discount card' for my prescripts because it gets it for me for 20$ per month combined... sad actually, some stupid internet printed card saves me more on my necessary prescription drugs than my very expensive insurance gets me

** because you flamers will ask what 'drugs' i'm on, it' anti-anxiety prescription pills, no, not the $5 generics that the local grocery store offeres... It's literally cheaper on the 'stupid internet card' than it is through my insurance...

It actually makes a lot of sense that some sort of club program gets better pricing than insurance for certain meds. Insurance really shouldn't be the go to for everything medical related. Your insurance is primarily for those events that hit you hard (possibly including expensive meds).

If you have an accommodating doctor who trusts you, ask him to prescribe double dose pills/tablets, etc. and then cut them in half. On many drugs this should save quite a bit and mean fewer trips to the pharmacy. Of course don't expect any reputable MD to agree to this money saving tactic if the drug is one of the "dangerous" ones we all know about. On the other hand, if it's a high blood pressure medication with widely acceptable dosages, for example, the chances are better that a logical (probably older) doctor will agree.

And before the red comes pouring in, I have had several doctors in my family who prescribed this way for some of their long standing, trusted patients. Mainly for hypertension medication. Never for sleeping pills, etc.

Community Assistance Program Might try this site/card. It helped during a time I was uninsured.

cga said:   If you have an accommodating doctor who trusts you, ask him to prescribe double dose pills/tablets, etc. and then cut them in half. On many drugs this should save quite a bit and mean fewer trips to the pharmacy. Of course don't expect any reputable MD to agree to this money saving tactic if the drug is one of the "dangerous" ones we all know about. On the other hand, if it's a high blood pressure medication with widely acceptable dosages, for example, the chances are better that a logical (probably older) doctor will agree.

And before the red comes pouring in, I have had several doctors in my family who prescribed this way for some of their long standing, trusted patients. Mainly for hypertension medication. Never for sleeping pills, etc.

Why would the doctors not agree to this? It may be "double the dose" but patients get half the quantity per fill (e.g. 30 tablets dosed once a day vs. 15 tablets dosed 1/2 tablet a day) unless the doctor can't do math. As an example, VA Hospitals do this all the time because it saves them considerable amount of money. I would only consider this strategy with the more expensive medications because with some $4 generic at Wal-Mart, getting 15 vs 30 tablets will cost you the same.

I see discount cards used all the time and it's true, they're not all created equally. I hate the fact that these cards say, "Save up to 75% on your prescriptions!" because they typically don't save patients much and I always see people get angry when the card only saves them $1. Still, my take on all this is that if you have no insurance, $1 is still better than paying the full price.

These cards don't save much on brand medications. The bulk of the savings, from what I've experienced, is on generics with a huge difference between the retail price and the purchase price. For example, omeprazole and losartan are two medications with huge savings but if you want something like fluticasone nasal spray, the savings with the card is minimal. I do agree that these cards give considerable savings on the generic Lortab and Xanax but the use of discount cards on controls are at the discretion of the pharmacist. If it were my pharmacy, I wouldn't allow it.

cga said:   If you have an accommodating doctor who trusts you, ask him to prescribe double dose pills/tablets, etc. and then cut them in half. On many drugs this should save quite a bit and mean fewer trips to the pharmacy. Of course don't expect any reputable MD to agree to this money saving tactic if the drug is one of the "dangerous" ones we all know about. On the other hand, if it's a high blood pressure medication with widely acceptable dosages, for example, the chances are better that a logical (probably older) doctor will agree.

We did that with my son's Singulair. We were also able to get a coupon from the manufacturer off their web site and used a 90-day supply. This reduced our costs dramatically because there are no generics for singulair and the price is fairly high. We are forced to pay it though because it was the only medication that keeps all of his symptoms from his allergies in check. I think the cost of the pill cutter was under $5 at the local Walgreens.

MISTERCHEAP said:   marcrx said:   As a pharmacist at cvs I can tell you that these cards usually only take money off a few medicines, usually lortab and Xanax. The medicines that actually help you live longer and healthier lives don't get much of a discount. These will not save you more than your real insurance and they cannot be used with your insurance at cvs anyway.

but if you have NO insurance, any discount on any medication it works on is better than nothing. I love how people find negative downsides to something that really has none to start with. you have nothing to lose by at least comparison shopping to see if this membership will save you none, a little or a lot of money.
He is just part of the problem! you will get a discount, stay away from cvs if you want a fw type deal though.

I hate to contradict you sir but I have used the internetdrugcoupons.com discount card successfully at a large chainstore. My husband has COPD and he takes something called Benzonatate. I saved more than $30 off the retail price for this drug. I take genetic valuims and also I save $11. In the past I also used it for antibiotics too. Not all drugs get discounts but it's better than nothing IMHO.

It states clearly that it is a " ... Free Drug Buying Group For The Uninsured. We got the idea from they way the AAA card gets you discounts on hotel rooms. Not all drugs qualify for a discount ..."Text

Another similar option is affordRX.com - it too is a medication discount card that touts up to 75% off depending on the drug and is accepted at thousands of pharmacies. I've heard pretty great things about them!

medicationdiscountcard.com is another similar one

Goodrx.com is another one.. it shows prescription costs on your specific meds at pharmacies in your area and provides coupons to get it at lower prices for several programs. My wife had to get on a $200/month medication (argh) and that was the WalMart price, we found it at Walgreens for $100/month with this site.

I tried the above link for a couple of prescriptions... they say the drugs are not in their database. There exists lots of drug discount plans which are available without insurance.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.