• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Crosman-Doomsday-Bug-Out-Survival-Kit/...

The Crossman Doomsday Bug-Out Survival Kit is a key component in total preparedness. The compact .22-caliber air rifle included has a skeleton stock that is detachable with quick-release and requires no tools. It shoots up to 525 fps, strong enough for small game, and is multi-pump powered. A supply of pellets and targets, a water bottle, first-aid kit and backpack complete this essential kit.

Crosman Doomsday Bug-Out Survival Kit:•For ages 16 years and up
•Comes with a compact .22-caliber air rifle, Crossman .22-caliber pellets, targets, water bottle, first-aid kit and backpack
•Rifle features:•Ambidextrous stock
•Mechanism: single shot
•Velocity: 525 fps
•Caliber/ammo: .22 caliber pellets
•Barrel: rifled
•Power source: pump
•Safety: ambidextrous manual
•Weight: 3 lb

•Overall dimensions: 30.3"L x 1.5"W x 7.0"H
•Model# 30061

mrstangblb op

Member Summary

Doomsday Survival Kit
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
As a sign of my cheapness, I'll have to endure a 14-day ship-to-store wait for my locale (continental US).

VanishingElephant (Jan. 03, 2013 @ 1:10a) |

I think most people agree there are some rules that are just stupid.

lordoffire (Jan. 03, 2013 @ 2:15a) |

you can get the .177 pistol only with no extra frills for $39.99 from Amazon right now, this model gets great reviews an... (more)

ricoscoro (Jan. 03, 2013 @ 4:23a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

.22 air rifle. LOL!

An air rifle is good when you don't want to be found. It's hard to be quiet with a regular rifle or shotgun.

why wouldn't you just get a .177 since any kind of .22 in some areas is considered a firearm...

Hopefully "doomsday" will only include zombie field mice...since 525 fps is quite low.

Does this come with a shoulder thing that goes up? I have also been told that it should have more thrust per squeeze, I don't see that listed on the specs.

Doomsday? Air rifle? Hahaha

Zombie Pigeons?

Mrbyte said:   An air rifle is good when you don't want to be found. It's hard to be quiet with a regular rifle or shotgun.

My 22 rifle isn't much louder with shorts then my crossman .177 pump, the regular 22lr is a touch louder than that, although anything supersonic will crack.

I'd like to try the CB cabs and compare next to the air rifle.

lordoffire said:   why wouldn't you just get a .177 since any kind of .22 in some areas is considered a firearm...
i don't know how that is possible - do you have to do a background check for an air rifle? i have never heard of this before - if you don't, then there is no way it could be considered a firearm.

Definition of FIREARM
: a weapon from which a shot is discharged by gunpowder —usually used of small arms

lemonhead said:   lordoffire said:    ... i have never heard of this before - if you don't, then there is no way it could be considered a firearm.

Definition of FIREARM
: a weapon from which a shot is discharged by gunpowder —usually used of small arms

Just because YOU haven't heard of it doesn't mean that it isn't a local ordinance somewhere, regardless of your offered "definition".

Zombies squirrels can climb, no one is safe.

You'll shoot your eye out, kid.

skidmark said:   lemonhead said:   lordoffire said:    ... i have never heard of this before - if you don't, then there is no way it could be considered a firearm.

Definition of FIREARM

Just because YOU haven't heard of it doesn't mean that it isn't a local ordinance somewhere, regardless of your offered "definition".

And just because HE says it's true, doesn't mean it IS. I've worked with firearms my entire adult life and never heard that before he posted it. I did a quick Google search and didn't find anything in the US. Any further info?

lemonhead said:   i don't know how that is possible - do you have to do a background check for an air rifle? i have never heard of this before - if you don't, then there is no way it could be considered a firearm.

Definition of FIREARM

state law says anything exceeding .177 is a firearm (shouldn't include paintball guns):

The word "firearm", except as otherwise specifically defined in the statutes, shall be construed to include any weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled by using explosives, gas or air as a means of propulsion, except any smooth bore rifle or handgun designed and manufactured exclusively for propelling BB’s not exceeding .177 calibre by means of spring, gas or air.

lordoffire said:   lemonhead said:   i don't know how that is possible - do you have to do a background check for an air rifle? i have never heard of this before - if you don't, then there is no way it could be considered a firearm.

Definition of FIREARM

state law says anything exceeding .177 is a firearm (shouldn't include paintball guns):

The word "firearm", except as otherwise specifically defined in the statutes, shall be construed to include any weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled by using explosives, gas or air as a means of propulsion, except any smooth bore rifle or handgun designed and manufactured exclusively for propelling BB’s not exceeding .177 calibre by means of spring, gas or air.

Sorry if I missed it, which state?

lordoffire said:   lemonhead said:   i don't know how that is possible - do you have to do a background check for an air rifle? i have never heard of this before - if you don't, then there is no way it could be considered a firearm.

Definition of FIREARM

I wasn't trying to argue but in MY STATE if i purchase a FIREARM (as defined above - taken from www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/firearm) I must have a background check done - or my Concealed Carry permit is sufficient.

however looking at your statute (if that is in fact what you referenced above) the comment about "shouldn't include paintball guns" is inaccurate - because of the way the statute is written (and yes, interpration of the law is always in effect) the part "any weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled" - i'm thinking that a dangerous projectile MAY be propelled from a paintball gun too - regardless if that is what the intention of the device is or not.

I'm curious, what state actually has that statute?

lemonhead said:   
I wasn't trying to argue but in MY STATE if i purchase a FIREARM (as defined above - taken from www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/firearm) I must have a background check done - or my Concealed Carry permit is sufficient.

however looking at your statute (if that is in fact what you referenced above) the comment about "shouldn't include paintball guns" is inaccurate - because of the way the statute is written (and yes, interpration of the law is always in effect) the part "any weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled" - i'm thinking that a dangerous projectile MAY be propelled from a paintball gun too - regardless if that is what the intention of the device is or not.

I'm curious, what state actually has that statute?

I mentioned it because I believe they were deemed "not intended to inflict great bodily harm"...common sense says they shouldn't be included.

lemonhead said:    ... "any weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled" ...

It could be argued that a properly chrono'd marker should not be able to break skin (a "common-sense" definition of "dangerous").

I know people are making jokes thinking this was intended to take down zombie rodents. I think it's intention is to provide small game to eat after the doomsday, not to defend. Seems like a cool idea. But I would think you'd want something a little more robust.

interesting.. electromagnetic rail guns are not covered

We're talking doomsday here. I don't think obscure firearms laws will be heavily reinforced... "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

FWIW...the pistol by itself (Crossman 1322) runs about $55 normally and the stock runs about $23. This is definitely cheaper than buying separately and you get that other stuff as a bonus (backpack, etc)

awhite3 said:   I think it's intention is to provide small game to eat after the doomsday, not to defend.

I think its intention is to create an outrageous mark-up for a cheap backpack, first aid kit, and water bottle.

I shot a squirrel (not to be cruel, but they were damaging my roof and living in my attic) with a 780 fps bb from about 50 feet away and it was laying on its side bleeding pretty good. I went to get a shovel and came back 4 minutes later and it was gone...I'm pretty sure it didn't live though. 525 fps should be fine for birds, chipmunks, maybe squirrels and rabbits if you had a specialty pellet.

No semi-auto really kills the deal.

Actually there is a good argument to include a high quality break barrel air rifle in your doomsday arsenal. A high quality .177 or .22 air rifle is sufficient for small game hunting, quiet, saves your real ammo, and requires no power source, just pellets. Pellets which you can store 1,000's of in a tiny light box.

That same rifle is a good stepping stone for younger shooter training as well.

Having said that a multi-pump crosman is not the one I would choose, you can get a good quality break barrel Gamo or similar for just a little more that is much more likely to serve you well.

FranksandBeans said:   Actually there is a good argument to include a high quality break barrel air rifle in your doomsday arsenal. A high quality .177 or .22 air rifle is sufficient for small game hunting, quiet, saves your real ammo, and requires no power source, just pellets. Pellets which you can store 1,000's of in a tiny light box.

That same rifle is a good stepping stone for younger shooter training as well.

Having said that a multi-pump crosman is not the one I would choose, you can get a good quality break barrel Gamo or similar for just a little more that is much more likely to serve you well.

Weel then... FW

lemonhead said:   i don't know how that is possible - do you have to do a background check for an air rifle? i have never heard of this before - if you don't, then there is no way it could be considered a firearm.

Definition of FIREARM

I used to live in NJ. not sure if anything has changed, but when I lived there you needed a firearms permit for a Red Ryder bb gun. A bb pistol required a pistol permit in addition

As a sign of my cheapness, I'll have to endure a 14-day ship-to-store wait for my locale (continental US).

freakinout said:   I used to live in NJ. not sure if anything has changed, but when I lived there you needed a firearms permit for a Red Ryder bb gun. A bb pistol required a pistol permit in addition

I think most people agree there are some rules that are just stupid.

you can get the .177 pistol only with no extra frills for $39.99 from Amazon right now, this model gets great reviews and you can add the stock to it.

here

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014