• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Saw this advertised in the restaurant today. Skip the line and get a free cookie:

About the app

The deal is mentioned under Specials on the app, as well as here.

Member Summary

Subway
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer

Cookie!!
Thanks Llilith
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Just what I needed. More junky apps to fill up my phone. And it's more like "skip the line and get a sandwich that was made out of your view" (part of what is pretty decent about Subway) so thanks anyway OP. FYI - after getting any sandwich there your receipt will have a link at the bottom where you can go to to get a free cookie WITHOUT all the additional hassle.

bugsie said:   FYI - after getting any sandwich there your receipt will have a link at the bottom where you can go to to get a free cookie WITHOUT all the additional hassle.

In order to get the cookie from the receipt, you have to log into a website, take a survey, write down a code that they give you at the end of the survey, then save the receipt to be brought in for a free cookie on your NEXT visit. To me, that is too much hassle.

With this deal, you just get a free cookie with no work.

free cookie! yay!

Lugs said:   bugsie said:   FYI - after getting any sandwich there your receipt will have a link at the bottom where you can go to to get a free cookie WITHOUT all the additional hassle.

In order to get the cookie from the receipt, you have to log into a website, take a survey, write down a code that they give you at the end of the survey, then save the receipt to be brought in for a free cookie on your NEXT visit. To me, that is too much hassle.

With this deal, you just get a free cookie with no work.


No work? Ok, let's see....

You have to download the app. Open the app. Locate what you want to order and enter all that (toppings, etc). You may even have some sort of payment mechanism (not sure about that though). Then you STILL have to go to your local Subway and pick up the sandwich that they made out of your eyesight and who knows when it was made (hopefully you didn't order too far in advance). To me it's about the same amount of work AND I don't have to put their app (and all the related permissions) on my phone in order to just get one cookie. With the other method the cookies are "unending". YMMV.

Or you could just fill out the SUPER EASY survey online with the IN STORE receipt for the next time you're there. My subway even gives TWO cookies even though the slip only says one. SO LAZY. If you're going to Subway, you should GO THERE. lol

bugsie said:   Lugs said:   bugsie said:   FYI - after getting any sandwich there your receipt will have a link at the bottom where you can go to to get a free cookie WITHOUT all the additional hassle.

In order to get the cookie from the receipt, you have to log into a website, take a survey, write down a code that they give you at the end of the survey, then save the receipt to be brought in for a free cookie on your NEXT visit. To me, that is too much hassle.

With this deal, you just get a free cookie with no work.


No work? Ok, let's see....

You have to download the app. Open the app. Locate what you want to order and enter all that (toppings, etc). You may even have some sort of payment mechanism (not sure about that though). Then you STILL have to go to your local Subway and pick up the sandwich that they made out of your eyesight and who knows when it was made (hopefully you didn't order too far in advance). To me it's about the same amount of work AND I don't have to put their app (and all the related permissions) on my phone in order to just get one cookie. With the other method the cookies are "unending". YMMV.


Your arguments against the app time-wise are irrelevant because you're listing things that you'd do in either case (place an order, walk into the restaurant, etc). If you actually downloaded and tried the app, you'd see that you don't "enter" toppings, you click graphics of them in the same way you'd point to an item at the store.

I don't consider clicking a link to download the app one time to be a hassle. Nor do I consider opening the app on subsequent visits to be time consuming. Maybe this is different for me, as I walk to my local Subway during my lunch break for fresh air, and can place my order as I walk.

What kind of "permissions" and information do you think you're giving Subway by downloading their app? Your favorite sandwich fixin's? It uses your location to tell you where your closest Subway is.

I'm old school in many ways too, so I can identify with what you're saying. I just thought I'd share in case someone might want another way of getting free cookies. Who's to say you can't do both (get a free cookie from the app AND get a receipt with the survey for another cookie)? For me, this is exceptionally hot because the app tells you exactly how many calories are in your custom sandwich. That's something that no sandwich artist could tell you off the top of their heads.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014