• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I searched for Google, Play and Magazine, and didn't see this yet - apologies if it's a repost and I missed it.

Posting in Hot Deals based on the (absurd) digital subscription prices for some magazines.

From Droid Life

For people who actually read magazines on their tablets, this news is huge. Recently, Google has enabled the ability for paper magazine subscribers to transfer their subscriptions to the cloud and read their content right on the slate, if the publisher okays it.

Previously, if you subscribed to the physical magazine and wanted to read it on your tablet, Google basically forced you to buy it again, but not anymore. After a simple subscription verification process, you can access what you already pay for.

If you ask us, itís about time.

Additional info from Google

Only one of the 5 magazines I subscribe to was currently available for free(GQ) - based on what I saw, it appears to be good for Conde Nast and Time Inc. publications. I'm going to poke around the store when I get home and will update the quick summary with any titles I find that are offered under this "deal"

Member Summary

Google Play Magazines
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
List of magazines available free for print subscribers
GQ
Details
Wired

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014