• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

D3000
Disclaimer
$399.97 + $8.99 shipping = $407.97

I checked out this deal and it's official!

Camelcamelcamel: lowest Amazon price is $476.95

Link to Nikon D3000 10.2MP SLR Digital Camera w/18-55mm

Member Summary

Nikon D3000 10.2MP SLR Digital Camera
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm a Canon shooter so maybe I'm missing something, but isn't this a REALLY old model? Dpreview shows a July 2009 launch, and I'm not finding ANY major retailers that still carry it.

That said, Dpreview seemed to like it as an entry level DSLR three and a half years ago.

I would consider D3100 with more features for $75 more...

http://snapsort.com/compare/Nikon_D3000-vs-Nikon_D3100

Here is the link to DPREVIEW for everyone who is not familiar with a photography forum.

BTW: The photographer(s) who took the images on DPREVIEW are better photos than you would have taken with a point and shoot.

Canon and Nikon are both known for manufacturing cameras from point and shoot to DSLR's. If you own a Nikon or Canon film or digital camera, your automatically going to learn the special features each camera has, and will only advance your skills as a photographer. I remember taking my photography class and had to learn about film before digital photography. Therefore if the camera is from 2009 or 1999 and you like this camera because it is a tool to take spectacular photos, then you have yourself an awesome deal.

wahoo2x said:   I'm a Canon shooter so maybe I'm missing something, but isn't this a REALLY old model? Dpreview shows a July 2009 launch, and I'm not finding ANY major retailers that still carry it.

That said, Dpreview seemed to like it as an entry level DSLR three and a half years ago.

This model is *ancient*. With modern DSLR models out there and cheap, you should avoid the D3000. I am shocked they have them new in boxes. Even a Canon T3 is $399 at ammy.

Ken Rockwell uses these for christmas tree ornaments.

c3688t said:   Ken Rockwell uses these for christmas tree ornaments.
lol

wahoo2x said:   I'm a Canon shooter so maybe I'm missing something, but isn't this a REALLY old model? Dpreview shows a July 2009 launch, and I'm not finding ANY major retailers that still carry it.

This model has been superseded twice.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014