• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I think that's the best deal for LUMIX GF5 camera so far. The 14-42mm kit lens is really good.
Linky

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GF5K
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Same item on http://1saleaday.com/ for $279.99

msmokey said:   Same item on http://1saleaday.com/ for $279.99
That's GF3. But good deal too!

Oops, sorry! Didn't realize that. Thanks for the clarification!

Amazon had it at this price for about an hour last night, and had the GF5k with the small power 14-42 lens for $399 (matching the Groupon deal that is live for another 13 hours or so). I personally think the Groupon deal is better, as for an extra $60 the power zoom is worth having. But yes $339 is the best price for these camera kits since their introduction. I can't wait to get the one I ordered last night.

Those are Gf5x
Big difference

wahoo2x said:   Amazon had it at this price for about an hour last night, and had the GF5k with the small power 14-42 lens for $399 (matching the Groupon deal that is live for another 13 hours or so). I personally think the Groupon deal is better, as for an extra $60 the power zoom is worth having. But yes $339 is the best price for these camera kits since their introduction. I can't wait to get the one I ordered last night.

tougher said:   Those are Gf5x
Big difference

wahoo2x said:   Amazon had it at this price for about an hour last night, and had the GF5k with the small power 14-42 lens for $399 (matching the Groupon deal that is live for another 13 hours or so). I personally think the Groupon deal is better, as for an extra $60 the power zoom is worth having. But yes $339 is the best price for these camera kits since their introduction. I can't wait to get the one I ordered last night.

Right, that was my point. This deal, gf5k (gf5 with chunky lens) = $339. Groupon deal, gf5x (gf5 with slim power lens) = $399. Last night Amazon had both deals matched. I think the Gf5x deal is the better one, because of the lens. The bodies are the same in the two kits.

Which is the better body, the GF3 or GF5?

jimpmc said:   Which is the better body, the GF3 or GF5?

The GF5 was released to replace the GF3. It is an incremental improvement, rather than a major redesign. The biggest difference is an updated sensor that supposedly does better in low light (it has a higher ISO range), but some have said that the GF5 isn't quite as sharp in bright light than the GF3 was. The GF5 also has a higher resolution screen on the back than the GF3, a bigger rubber grip making it easier to hold, and shoots 4 frames per second instead of 3.2. Finally, the GF5 has stereo audio recording for video, and can record in two movie formats.

If the difference in price is only about $50 as it currently is, I figure the new features of the GF5 make it worth it. In particular, I went with the GF5 because I like to shoot in lower light without a flash, which it should do better. But the GF3 is still supposedly a great camera. (I say "should" and "supposedly" because I've never used either camera and all I know is taken from reviews I've read in the last 24 hours. My new GF5X doesn't arrive for a few days).

I ordered mine from NE before Thanksgiving but just returned it. The lens (non-power zoom) is made in China and it's not very smooth. It became smoother after playing with it for awhile. The body is made in Japan. I like the operations but can't tell if the quality is any better than my other Panasonic Point and Shoot. There are lots of touch screen functions that can't be controlled with dials. If you like touch screen, it will be great. If not, you may hate it. I got an open box Sony NEX-5N and is much happier.

smalldeal said:   I ordered mine from NE before Thanksgiving but just returned it. The lens (non-power zoom) is made in China and it's not very smooth. It became smoother after playing with it for awhile. The body is made in Japan. I like the operations but can't tell if the quality is any better than my other Panasonic Point and Shoot. There are lots of touch screen functions that can't be controlled with dials. If you like touch screen, it will be great. If not, you may hate it. I got an open box Sony NEX-5N and is much happier.

The only thing that I couldn't figure out how to do without the touch screen is moving the focus point.
Everything else you can do with buttons.

I cant find this on Amazon with the powerlens at the 400$ mark. Anyone share the link ?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014