• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Museums on Us - 2013 list - BoA customers get free museum entrance

Museums on Us - 2013 list - BoA customers get free museum entrance
BoA credit or Debit card holders get free entrance to the museums in the listing on the first FULL weekend of the month. Check the listing for participating museums.
Website
http://museums.bankofamerica.com/
2013 calendar
http://museums.bankofamerica.com/arts/Content/Files/MOU%20Calend...
2013 participating museums list
http://museums.bankofamerica.com/pdf/MOU_Participant_Roster.pdf

Each person needs to have their own BoA branded Debit or CC.

idiggg op

Member Summary

Museums on Us - 2013 list (32.30kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer

museum (119.21kB)
Thanks Llilith
Disclaimer

OP, could you explain how this works? Do we just show our BofA CC and get in free or do we purchase tickets with it and get reimbursed? Thanks

Last time I did it, I walked up on the 'free' day, flashed my BoA credit card and they gave me a free pass. Had a friend with me, flashed another BoA card (I have two) and she got in free too. The second person deal YMMV, obviously.

Just went to Discovery Science Center (Santa Ana, CA). We need to show ID and BoA card, and got 1 ticket per BoA card. (if need 2 tickets: need to show 2 ID and the BoA card).

HTH.

Went to a museum in Seattle, and they asked you to pay whatever you want but were willing to "sell" you a ticket for nothing if you so chose. So, you get a little pressure. Also, typically the admission wasn't good for the special or temporary exhibits.

I've been to some where you just flash a BoA card and they hand you a free ticket (Guggenheim in NYC) and others where they carefully check the card, make sure it's not expired, and check photo ID before handing you the ticket. Either way, no reimbursement required.

There's a signup on the first link for free email reminders of the dates.
Has anyone tried adding their kids as authorized users on their credit cards to get them in? Any other thoughts? BofA has gotten pretty onerous with their bank account fees.

I've used this several times over the past few years, including this weekend at 3 museums in NY - the Met (both Saturday and Sunday, normally $25), the Guggenheim ($22) and El Museo del Barrio ($9). All up, a savings of $81! (Although I wouldn't have gone to all 3, nor the Met twice, if I'd had to pay!)

At the Met it was a matter of showing the card and matching ID, and they just handed over a badge to wear to get entry. At the other two they didn't ask for ID, but processed it like a normal entry with a ticket and receipt, but for $0.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014