• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Road Runner Ice Melt
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Might want to read the bad reviews for Roadrunner Ice Melt before buying:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BQK5SU

Sounds like it is notorious for destroying your driveway.

I have had great success with this Excel brand instead from Sam's without any damage (and it is cheaper). Have had a bucket for the past few years and it continues to work as well as day 1.
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/excel-snow-ice-melt-50-lb-bucket/16...

I find it hard to believe that is caused 2" holes as somebody reported. I got 4 of these at Staples a few years ago for about $1.50 each on clearance. I've used it before with no problems or damage.

It all depends on the concrete, if its been sealed and how much filler was added to the concrete. I seal my concrete every other year and have no issue but my neighbor doesnt and has pits all over his driveway

I have also bought these on clearance for cheap at Office Depot

ridn4free said:   It all depends on the concrete, if its been sealed and how much filler was added to the concrete. I seal my concrete every other year and have no issue but my neighbor doesnt and has pits all over his driveway

I have also bought these on clearance for cheap at Office Depot

The white pellets will never cause concrete to deteriorate. Your neighbor must be using a salt based ice melt product..

I'd never pay this much for this stuff. It's always on crazy sale towards the end of the season. I stocked up last year and bought 6 cases. I think each CASE was $6 shipped, not $6 per container.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014