• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Wendys-frosty-key-tag_123113.jpg
Disclaimer
Wendy’s Frosty Key Tags are back! You can get a Frosty Key Tag for $1.00

and then every time you order during the promotion & show them the Frosty Key Tag,

you’ll get a FREE FROSTY JR!

> > All proceeds benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital! < <

“One Free Jr. Frosty per transaction, per visit, per key tag with any purchase.

(Jr Frosty is 6 oz size) (Check w/ your Wendys too see if they are participating)

Expires 31 December 2013

Wendy’s key tag promotion yields impressive results

JUNE 8, 2011 — Wendy’s restaurants in the New York Tri-State area recently presented a check for over $114,000 to the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption. These funds will be used to support the local Wendy’s Wonderful Kids program in communities throughout the Tri-state region.

The donation was the result of Wendy’s Frosty Key Tag initiative, during which customers could donate $1 for a Frosty Key tag and receive a Free Jr. Frosty with every Wendy’s purchase through 6/30/11.

etc etc . . . read rest of story at DaveThomasFoundation dot org HERE

(and last years was for 6 months in some areas, so ...)

Member Summary

FREE FROSTYz til 12-31-13 with Wendy’s Frosty Keychains for $1
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer

6 oz. Frosty Jr. Wisconsin
Thanks RegUSPatOff
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Really? Gee, I thought that was a zero calorie highly nutritious item from WENDY'S.

bugsie (Jan. 09, 2013 @ 1:58p) |

Thanks OP! Bought 2 today in Michigan

salzmane (Jan. 10, 2013 @ 8:49p) |

Does anyone know where you can buy these online? Our Wendy's will honor them if you have them but they do not sell the k... (more)

Anne737 (Jan. 28, 2013 @ 2:01p) |

FREE FROSTY JRz with order til 12-31-13 with Wendy Frosty Keychains for $1

!!!. All proceeds benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital .!!!

Works in Milwaukee, WI (bought a few in each of the last few years)
proceeds benefit Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption
(Dave Thomas' adoptive mother died when he was 5 yrs old)
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Your title is mis-leading:

1. You get a Frosty Jr which is basically a Frosty in a small 2 oz Dizie cup.
2. An additional purchase IS required EACH time to get the "free' Frosty Jr after purchasing the keycahin.

cnIsfg said:   Your title is mis-leading:

1. You get a Frosty Jr which is basically a Frosty in a small 2 oz Dizie cup.
2. An additional purchase IS required EACH time to get the "free' Frosty Jr after purchasing the keycahin.

Your post is a little misleading, too.

I don't think they make a 2 oz Frosty...and if yours is in a dizie cup, then ...

but anyway . . . point taken . . . new wording is up . . .

UPDATE >> the jr frosty is in a 6 oz cup - 1/2 the size of a small frosty

I had one of these key chains last year and used it multiple times. The frosty you get is TINY! But for $1 it isn't a bad deal to get a little something extra with your meal.

Ymmv, no wendy's in CA that I know of has this promotion

arribasn said:   Ymmv, no wendy's in CA that I know of has this promotion

all 337 Wendy's locations in California ? ?

I do think that this is a regional promotion. I don't know where the OP is from, but I'm from the DC/Baltimore area and we have it here. (I got it last year, too, and was thinking that I could buy tags for friends in Indiana, but found that it wasn't available elsewhere...)

Is this National or local?

The Wendy's in the San Diego area have the promotion.

isaacoply said:   Is this National or local?

It's probably most accurate to say "selected markets," since all franchises do not participate and YMMV.

You'll have to check with your Wendy's.

also from last years post on this ... (so cali peepz are a little slow in the wendys promo dept)

posted: Jan. 11, 2012 @ 12:09a

Please let us Californians know when this hits the west coast.

Thanks..

HPM.

(some new info above)

AZ??

For those of you wondering if it is in your area, make phone calls. I've found places that are neither selling nor honoring, not selling but honoring, selling and honoring. It still is in my book a YMMV. I'm asking for friends in areas that are selling to buy me a couple, and send them to me.

Good deal, I like the size of the frosty, its just right for a quick desert. Had one last year, loved it.

If you have kids this is great. My little ones enjoy the size; it's just perfect. Not that we eat at wendys, but we certainly went through a few Halloween books of the free frostys (with no purchase)

our wendys have done this for 2 years now. It used to not require a purchase at all . perhaps they changed verbiage.

Lunch of champions: junior backon cheeseburger, fry to split with the wife, and two dixie cup frostys. Cheap lunch.

We always made it a point to get something with the frosty anyways. feel bad just waiving the keychain. lol

Great deal though if your franchises participate.

my local wendy's did not sell them til like june last year. will have to check with them

Wendy's Hawai'i participates. Got my '12 keychain late October for free from a mgr. Figured it only had a few more months left on it. the frosty Jr isn't THAT small. When you compare it to a super ultra hyper mega gulp maybe...

i get 2 every year, money to charity, and i get perfect sized snacks for dessert

in GA, we have had this promo for three years now (I think). It usually begins late spring/early summer. Although it is true that the frosty is small, it is great for portion control! Take a chocolate one home and add some peanut butter to it.

Did this promotion the last 2 years. Both years you had to puchase something else( can be a dollar menu item).

The frosty is TINY. And yes it is the little Dixie cup size no matter where I got it. No big deal though because the $1 is supposed to be for charity anyway ,not to get me free frosties all year.

I'm disappointed that they changed this to require a purchase. I've done this in previous years, and at least in this market (midwest), a purchase was not required. We'd often roll through the drive-thru, get two of these (two tags) and drive off without paying anything.

Chris.

It has only been the last couple of years that a purchase is required in the Pittsburgh area. This year it benefits Salvation Army.

6oz is probably about all you should be eating anyway -- enough to get your frosty fix in without completely wrecking your diet.

Are their chilis still 99cents? Might have to get one of these if they are.

I went to Wendy's in Ohio today, they never heard of it, btw the small chili went up to $1.69.
muumuu said:   6oz is probably about all you should be eating anyway -- enough to get your frosty fix in without completely wrecking your diet.

Are their chilis still 99cents? Might have to get one of these if they are.

They called it a Frosty JR today! Great little deal to get a little something extra, but not the full amount of calories!
I was told a purchase was required, but it could be anything, even something from the 99 cent menu. I think $1 towards charity and a year of little Frosty Jr's work for me! Thank you.

I purchased the key chain in San Antonio.

is new jersey wendys participating?

175 calories for the Jr. Frosty

ColonelCash said:   175 calories for the Jr. Frosty

Really? Gee, I thought that was a zero calorie highly nutritious item from WENDY'S.

Thanks OP! Bought 2 today in Michigan

Does anyone know where you can buy these online? Our Wendy's will honor them if you have them but they do not sell the key chains.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.