• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I was in Walgreens earlier in the week and discovered a palette of Zenaro brand LED Dimmable bulbs right by the entrance, model SL-60A, priced to move at 5.99$ for a pair. That's 2.99$ for a dimmable 60w equivalent LED.

PLEASE NOTE - This is special pricing through the local energy provider, and is likely only available in a limited area. I suspect even downtown Seattle does not have this pricing since it has a different power company.

These are 2700k (soft white) and are of good quality in my testing, and rated at "up to" 40,000 hours. They have the same limitations of the much more expensive Philips bulbs that they flicker and have unstable brightness with many dimmers, but I have found through experimentation that they dim smoothly when coupled with the higher-end Dimmers designed for LED/CFL's. (I used the Lutron Diva C+L Dimmer, 29$ @ Home Depot) They naturally do not dim nearly as low as an incandescent bulb.

Walgreens
Need a Walgreens coupon that earns 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

henrysunset said:   I was in Walgreens earlier in the week and discovered a palette of Zenaro brand LED Dimmable bulbs right by the entrance, model SL-60A, priced to move at 5.99$ for a pair. That's 2.99$ for a dimmable 60w equivalent LED.

PLEASE NOTE - This is special pricing through the local energy provider, and is likely only available in a limited area. I suspect even downtown Seattle does not have this pricing since it has a different power company.

These are 2700k (soft white) and are of good quality in my testing, and rated at "up to" 40,000 hours. They have the same limitations of the much more expensive Philips bulbs that they flicker and have unstable brightness with many dimmers, but I have found through experimentation that they dim smoothly when coupled with the higher-end Dinners designed for LED/CFL's. (I used the Lutron Diva C+L Dimmer, 29$ @ Home Depot) They naturally do not dim nearly as low as an incandescent bulb.

Perhaps an invitation to all FWers to "higher-end Dinners" at your house for a demonstration

Which Walgreens? I'm assuming King County? I live in W. Wa. Thanks.

available at both store in Kirkland, WA. Not sure about other locations.

macdave said:   I'd say all the Walgreens on this list...

Thanks Dave, great addition to the thread.

Thanks! I'll be looking for these tomorrow in Tacoma.

Well, scratch that. It looks like I'll have to go to Puyallup or Federal Way if I want them.

What are the rated lumens for this bulb? How well does it "light up" the room - compared to a 60w or 75w incandescent?

Kirkland location is sold out. Mercer island has them still. Why should we not buy these at Costco? So many retailers why this?

Also package says 12w not 14w

810 lumens

shivarajan said:   810 lumens

Excuse my noobness to LED lights, but isn't that more equivalent to a 40watt incandescent bulb?

Has anyone here got these and used them yet?

Thanks for the knowledge.

wolfsmane said:   shivarajan said:   810 lumens

Excuse my noobness to LED lights, but isn't that more equivalent to a 40watt incandescent bulb?

Has anyone here got these and used them yet?

Thanks for the knowledge.

I bought a whole bunch of these today. They are still available at the Juanita (North Kirkland) Walgreens. The box says they are 60watt replacements and I can confirmed they are just as bright (actually slightly brighter) than the 60 watt incandescent bulbs they replaced. They seem really nice. I even put them in some recessed cans in the basement and they seem to work just as well as the floods they are replacing (hopefully this is ok to do...I can't think of a reason not to). Thanks OP, this was a sweet find!

christhescientist said:   I bought a whole bunch of these today... ...I even put them in some recessed cans in the basement and they seem to work just as well as the floods they are replacing (hopefully this is ok to do...I can't think of a reason not to)...Early CFLs had a problem being installed 'Upside Down / Base Up', ESPECIALLY in recessed cans, due to overheating the ballast located in the base -> 'Heat Rises'. Horizontal or 'Right-side Up / Base Down' always worked well for me, but I did experience a few pre-mature failures from 'Upside Down / Base Up' installations.

Hopefully the LED Bulb Designers learned from this...

Anyone want to buy some of these and ship to California. I will pay for their time and shipping. PM me.

dang, nothing in Georgia. I don't think the state has figured out environmental issues yet.

TakeTheActive said:   christhescientist said:   I bought a whole bunch of these today... ...I even put them in some recessed cans in the basement and they seem to work just as well as the floods they are replacing (hopefully this is ok to do...I can't think of a reason not to)...Early CFLs had a problem being installed 'Upside Down / Base Up', ESPECIALLY in recessed cans, due to overheating the ballast located in the base -> 'Heat Rises'. Horizontal or 'Right-side Up / Base Down' always worked well for me, but I did experience a few pre-mature failures from 'Upside Down / Base Up' installations.

Hopefully the LED Bulb Designers learned from this...

hmm yes that makes sense. maybe i should drill a few holes in the cans to let heat disperse....i'll look into it some more. i wonder if glass enclosed ceiling fixtures (the glass half dome) have this problem too?? thanks for your thoughts.

sychin said:   Anyone want to buy some of these and ship to California. I will pay for their time and shipping. PM me.

as would I, but shipped to Colorado.....one trip to post office or whatever if same person was up for it, please let me know as well. These would REALLY be spot on in many ways for me timing wise, price-wise, utilities wise, etc.. at this $ I'd finally finish swapping out my remaining incandescent and cfls. After getting the "shut you off from services if you don't pay" call today and then paying my bill I was so bummed at how high ALL of it everything is so friggin expensive. Big help, it would be

(hope that isn't bad form/ forum ettiquette?)

Found this one on Amazon, Philips 12.5-Watt Ambient LED Energy Saving A19 household light can replace your 60-Watt incandescent A19, saving you up to 130.62 in energy costs: http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Ambient-Dimmable-Replacement-Light...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014