• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.impactguns.com/mossberg-just-in-case-package-sandstor...

•500 Sandstorm™ 12 gauge pump-action, 6-round capacity, 18-1/2” barrel, bead sight, desert camo finish
•Desert camo floating synthetic carrying-tube with nylon shoulder strap.
•Tube includes a heavy-duty synthetic seal, factory tested to be air-tight and waterproof to a minimum of 17psi or 40’ when properly installed
•Gun lock
•Swivel studs
•Owner’s manual
•Contents packaged in heavy-duty re-sealable bag

Member Summary

Mossberg "Just In Case" 500 Kit, ''SANDSTORM'' Camo, 12 G, 18.5" Barrel/Survival Shotgun
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer

Mossberg "Just In Case" 500 Kit, ''SANDSTORM'' Camo, 12 G, 18.5" Barrel/Survival Shotgun
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks!

Hope the "Expect Delays" is not a problem...

Nice find there BB...Just in case you need one....green for you

Psee said:   Thanks!

Hope the "Expect Delays" is not a problem...

Bill goes to vote the 22nd. As long as your order is paid for before then you should be able to get it regardless of when the ban goes in place.

I think it is little expensive one.

On sale at Cabela's for 369.99....in black

Impact Guns is notorious for not having them in stock and not communicating shipping times. :-/

The black is always cheaper. That's why this is a deal.

The black one only comes with the standard soft case, the camo version includes the waterproof (but also pretty bulky) plastic tube carrying case.

Instead of investing in the pretty paint job on this model one may be better served by spending a little more on the Mossberg 590-A1. This is the version built to military specifications including a better barrel, better mag tube, beefed up metal parts, plus a military grade parkerized finish.

biglittle said:   The black is always cheaper. That's why this is a deal.

Craig said:   Instead of investing in the pretty paint job on this model one may be better served by spending a little more on the Mossberg 590-A1. This is the version built to military specifications including a better barrel, better mag tube, beefed up metal parts, plus a military grade parkerized finish.

Do the changes to the military grade model make firing more reliable? Have an 8-shot, quite long 12-gauge Maverick now and am looking to sell it and get something more maneuverable for home-defense.

The 500 has been around for forever, unless you think you are gonna take it out shooting everyday for the rest of your life I don't think reliability is going to be an issue. To think otherwise is silly IMHO.

quickNdirty said:   The 500 has been around for forever, unless you think you are gonna take it out shooting everyday for the rest of your life I don't think reliability is going to be an issue. To think otherwise is silly IMHO.

And it has a dual action bars unlike the Rem870. Not to mentioned user servicable extractor repair.

Thanks.

There are reasons that the military demands these upgrades. One would expect the upgraded shotgun to be more reliable and to last longer.

aerotive said:   Craig said:   Instead of investing in the pretty paint job on this model one may be better served by spending a little more on the Mossberg 590-A1. This is the version built to military specifications including a better barrel, better mag tube, beefed up metal parts, plus a military grade parkerized finish.

Do the changes to the military grade model make firing more reliable? Have an 8-shot, quite long 12-gauge Maverick now and am looking to sell it and get something more maneuverable for home-defense.

Please do not get this gun in the black soft case. I bought this 5 years ago and was very unhappy. If you look at the picture on impactfirearms site, the soft case will only fit the shotgun if it is "taken apart." That is the dumbest design ever. Nobody keeps their working weapons dissasembled especially for a home defense shotgun. This is the "Just In Case I Need About 10 min To Put My Shotgun Together To Defend Myself Model." Why would you ever buy a shotgun and keep it disassembled for a just in case scenerio?

I dont know if the "sandstorm" case will fit the actual assembled shotgun but if it does, I would buy that even with the extra cost rather then get the cheaper black JIC case that does not fit the shotgun. The barrel sticks out 2 inches from the case. By the way, I have two Mossberg 500 and an older Winchester Defender. Shotguns are great defensive weapons. I just do not like companies making money from poor designs. Wait and later they will have the Just in Case "Zombie" edition for extra $$$$$$.

Craig said:   There are reasons that the military demands these upgrades. One would expect the upgraded shotgun to be more reliable and to last longer.

aerotive said:   Craig said:   Instead of investing in the pretty paint job on this model one may be better served by spending a little more on the Mossberg 590-A1. This is the version built to military specifications including a better barrel, better mag tube, beefed up metal parts, plus a military grade parkerized finish.

If you go out and shoot it everyday, and in desert/arctic environments... and/or have to train a lot of idiots who have never shot a gun in their lives how to shoot and maintain it... then the military kit is for you. For the person that shoots once in a blue moon and for whom it is a last ditch defensive weapon any decent shotgun will work.

The military has very different priorities than most people, so just because they need the ability to add a NV system or want to be able to store a cleaning system in the butt of a weapon -- or want to shoot a special hot load that would not work in an OTS solution does NOT mean you need to.

My current 12ga in home was my dads.. and $80 20 years ago. Its ugly, lighty rusty and I would be ashamed of it at most ranges. For home defense it works just fine. Plus as a bonus if I DO have to use it then I don't lose much if they want it for evidence. (look up "Noble" model 60 pump - its older than I am)

I suppose someday I will get a newer 12ga, but its not a priority.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014