• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Asus - Ultrabook 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - 4GB Memory - 128GB Solid State Drive - Radiant Black

Model: UX31A-BHI5T11
SKU: 6906246

ADATA SSD .. has good reviews. Seems to be a good price for a Win8, touchscreen. This model seems to be a BB exclusive - cant find this model anywhere else. Found some decent reviews from usres on the web. notebook review

At Best Buy .. link

Compare to Acer Aspire S7-391-6810 13.3 @ $1299 .. link

Full Specs :
Product Features
3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i5-3317U processor
Features a 3MB L3 Cache and 1.7GHz processor speed.

Intel® Core™ i5 processor
Features smart 4-way processing performance with a speed boost.

Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
Delivers extra performance when you need it and increased energy efficiency when you don't.

4GB DDR3 memory
For multitasking power.

Note: Optical drive not included
Compatible with optional external recordable CD/DVD drives (not included).

13.3" high-definition multitouch display
Showcases movies and games in stunning clarity.

Intel® Wireless Display
Wirelessly transmits streamed or downloaded movies, TV shows, music, photos and more from your laptop, network or the Internet to your TV (NETGEAR Push2TV adapter required, not included).

128GB Serial ATA III solid state drive
Offers plenty of storage capacity.

UMA graphics
Ensure lush images with intricate detail. HDMI output for connection to an HDTV.

Built-in 1.0MP webcam and microphone
Make it easy to video chat with family and friends.

Multiformat media reader
Supports Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO and MultiMediaCard formats.

2 USB 3.0 ports
For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.

Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11n)
Wirelessly connect to the Internet.

Bluetooth interface
Easily link with other Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as a mobile phone or MP3 player.

10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet LAN
With adapter for quick and easy wired Web connection.

Weighs only 2.9 lbs. and measures just 0.7" thin
For lightweight portability. Backlit keyboard enables easy typing, even in dim lighting.

Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit operating system preinstalled
Provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.

Software package included
With Adobe Reader and more. Microsoft Office Starter 2010 also included (product key card required for activation; sold separately).

Best Buy
Need a Best Buy coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Asus - Ultrabook UX31A-BHI5T11 13.3" Touch-Screen
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Screen is 1080p btw. Glossy, not matte.

infiniti029 said:   Screen is 1080p btw. Glossy, not matte.

true ... any other rec for ultrabooks around $1k

Wow, 4 GB of ram? This is not that hot.

polishdreamer said:   Wow, 4 GB of ram? This is not that hot.

yeah .. most Ultrabooks come with only 4Gig .. but these are not meant to be work horses either.

I guess for an Ultrabook it is decent .. kicker is that the RAM seems to be soldered on to the board.

bump.

can anyone point me to a better deal on a Ultrabook ?

How about the Lenovo Yoga 13

For $100 cheap you trade
- 1920x1080 resolution to 1600x900 (but for 13.3" do you really care ?)
- 2 USB 3.0 ports for 1 USB 3.0 and 1 USB 2.0 and gain about 0.4lbs.
- Gain flexibility to fold display 360 degrees to treat it like a sudo tablet (Asus only acts like a regular laptop)

See if all that is worth another $100. Both ASUS and Lenovo are pretty good companies making solid laptops these days.

NeoMaximus said:   How about the Lenovo Yoga 13

For $100 cheap you trade
- Gain flexibility to fold display 360 degrees to treat it like a sudo tablet (Asus only acts like a regular laptop)

See if all that is worth another $100. Both ASUS and Lenovo are pretty good companies making solid laptops these days.

I heard that the Keyboard does not disable when you fold over - causing nuisance.

I did debate on this one for a while. The Flip seems to be a good feature.

The Lenovo team is looking into it. Some folks have mentioned that the issue gets resolved after few Windows updates. Also, it is a software issue if any with Lenovo's mode switcher. So you can be assured that they will come out with a fix soon.

For $100 cheap you trade

Is 4GB RAM good enough for the Yoga IdeaPad?

You can read review with 4GB RAM.

They also have another one with 8GB RAM in the works, available at their own website for $1150

For $100 cheap you trade

1920 resolution is worth a lot more than $100 to me. I was so excited for the concept of the Yoga, but not offering a high resolution display was an immediate deal killer for me. The OEMs have resisted HD displays for years though, even on 17" displays they aren't standard.

How is this compare to Samsung ATIV 700 Pro, samsung have better touch screen I think.

Ativ 700 is one I was looking at, its a 1920 resolution, but its a 11.6" tablet and not an ultrabook. I really liked the Series7 slate which was almost exactly the same hardware with 4g available as an option -- but it was not 1920 resolution like the 700T.

I am waiting to look at the Surface Pro instead of the Samsung 700T because I don't see any reason to pay $200 more for the Samsung. (they are VERY similar per spec, but the Surface screen is 10.6" - both are touch and pen tablets with i5 processors)

Basically I would consider a true convertible ultrabook like a Yoga against a tablet - but the OP was talking about a normal ultrabook. I expect to end up with a Surface Pro, I have some legacy PC bookreaders that will never be ported to either iPad or Android that I need in a tablet bookreader. Amazon orphaned secure mobipocket books when they introduced the Kindle. I have hundreds since it was my preferred format for years. Kindle is the exact same format, but they intentionally did not make it backwards compatible. I resisted the Kindle for a long time before eventually having no choice -- but I refuse to re-purchase any secure mobi books. I just read them on my regular PC for now.

personally - a 13.3 with a 1080p, I think is too small. Might not be the best option for work. But they make the best Ultrabooks in terms of weight.

A 15 with 1080 would be my pref. Unfortunately I don’t see that config in an Ultrabook.

The touchscreen I can live without (for now). But as Win8 catches on I think that is what the future is. When investing a grand or more on a laptop - it should be near future prrof.
The Yoga has a good concept but I don’t see many work related uses for it. It would be nice to watch movies or play games. For that I have my trusty Tablet.

The Samsung series9 has my attention - but for the flaws. Not 1080. Poor WiFi card and some buggy trackpad issues (which are supposedly fixed). I am not able to get good clean review and/or compare between the different Samsung models.

In terms of review - the Toshiba Z935 has the best star rating on Amazon. And they come with full size ports. Unlike Asus, Samsung and Acer which require a lot of adapters (translate pain) to carry around.

I have had the Asus UX31A-BHI5T11 for a month,, Nothing ,, and i MEAN NOTHING wrong with this unit. I also have mac air, bran-new and have not cracked it since first night with the Zenbook. You cannot go wrong with it, Unlike the older model, the keyboard and Mousepad works great. not just good,, but great. Wifi, seems a bit slow when you open the notebook, but then is fast as any i have had. Screen is super. You can view this baby at all angles, and you will not have to keep repositioning it all the time with most of the laptops. Mine is BLACK, with back lit keyboard, and works great when in bed trying to answer my son's emails from the West Coast. Battery life IS 6+ hours, unless running a movie.. Sound is iffy untill you configure it on the sound bar. I also have the Samsung series 5 and had the series 9, Both of them had very poor battery life after a month or so,, under 2 hours on the series 5.. 2.5 on series 9.. This upgrade on the Zenbook seems to have stopped virtually all the non registered keystrokes that were so bad in the first version. Plus it is a touch screen, and Win 8,, I actually prefer win 7,, but who knows,, Maybe this will grow on me,, Just add one of the start bar fixes on the web.. Start8 or ClassicShell are two good ones,, Also right click in bottom left corner brings some items to the table.. I prefer the start bar though

twburk - thanks for the update. For 1080p - how is it working with Word document and reading on the web.

I feel they might be too small and difficult to read.

Any opinions on the Toshiba Satellite U945-S4390? Office Depot has a great deal on it - $530. Config seems to be pretty good.Is the hefty premium for the Asus worth it?

swiggy said:   Any opinions on the Toshiba Satellite U945-S4390? Office Depot has a great deal on it - $530. Config seems to be pretty good.Is the hefty premium for the Asus worth it?

Well, they're two very different machines, so if your needs are satisfied by that Toshiba, then that's the better machine. The ASUS has a higher resolution display (1366x768 vs 1920x1080), a solid state drive, and is thinner. The Toshiba has more RAM, more (but slower) disk space.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.