• Text Only
@handsgo: if you look closer, he/she put the serial number next to "Win"

gregmhogan said:   CS2 only works on PowerPC Macs.

Or if you're running 10.6 or earlier, you can use Rosetta (PowerPC emulation)

Site Area Temporarily Unavailable.

bytem3 said:   @handsgo: if you look closer, he/she put the serial number next to "Win"

Didn't realized that what those numbers were.

Logged in. But error message.

We're sorry, the site area you've requested is unavailable. Please try again later.

Damn, this good deal! Even thought I already have PS CS3, but would be nice to have the whole suite!
But' I kept getting "Site Area Temporarily Unavailable"... is there another way or is the server too busy?

If acrobat 8 asks for adobepdf.dll, you will need to read this link: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-file-adobepdf-dll...

In addition, you need to:
1. download acrobat professional 8.1 update and update the software
2. reboot, and go DEVICE/PRINTER, and right click. Select Printer Property -> Advanced -> Click the radio button of PRINT DIRECTLY TO PRINTER.

Otherwise when you try to print out pdf from Excel, your Excel will hang up.

Just finished installation and it is working perfectly. Thanks!

dewolfxy said:   gregmhogan said:   CS2 only works on PowerPC Macs.

Or if you're running 10.6 or earlier, you can use Rosetta (PowerPC emulation)

Or you can run windows version using Wine

Don't have win to try, but the number 1132-1280-4900-7476-5108-8019 after win seems to be serial number.

Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0

Win 1132-1280-4900-7476-5108-8019
http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/magic/creativesuite/CS2_EOL/...

If you are installing in a Win7 64 bit system you may want to read this before trying.

http://dispo.se/2009/06/02/adobe-creative-suite-2-and-windows-7-...

If you try to install it in default folder you will have to uninstall completely and use the path specified in link. You can save yourself the headache of uninstalling by following these instructions.

Dead?

Adobe link dead

The formatting sucks but serial numbers fro the Mac are here.

Creative Suite 2 Mac CS2_install_Mac.pdf 1130-0412-8377-1896-9751-5759
CS_20_IE_NonRet_D1.dmg.bin
CS_20_IE_NonRet_D2.dmg.bin
CS_20_IE_NonRet_D3.dmg.bin
VCS2.dmg
CS_2.0_IE_Extras_1.dmg.bin
Win CS2_install_Win.pdf 1130-1414-7569-4457-6613-5551
CreativeSuiteCS2Disc1.exe
CreativeSuiteCS2Disc2.exe
CreativeSuiteCS2Disc3.exe
VCS2.zip
CS_2.0_WWE_Extras_1.exe
Acrobat 3D 1.0 for Windows Win AC3D_1.0_Volume_NACK_WWE.zip 1159-1414-7569-3493-5006-5653
Acrobat Standard 7.0 Mac 12001748.dmg 1016-0414-2428-7157-5404-6669
Win 22001904.exe 1016-1415-6379-6184-1333-2468
Acrobat Pro 8.0 Mac APRO8_Mac_WEB_WWEFG.dmg 1118-0416-1130-3724-2927-7040
Win APRO23_Win_ESD1_WWEFG.exe 1118-1414-1955-8737-8172-0350
Audition 3.0 Win ADBEAudition_loopolgy.exe 1137-1004-8571-6848-7845-8029
ADBEAudition_ESD1_WWEFGJIS.exe
ADBEAudition_loopolgy.7z
GoLive CS2 Mac GL_CS2_UE_NonRet.dmg.bin 1033-0415-6162-2671-3431-0993
Win GL_CS2_UE_NonRet.exe 1033-1418-1610-5696-5209-0095
Illustrator CS2 Mac AI_CS2_IE_NonRet.dmg.bin 1034-0416-0740-0527-2887-2375
Win AI_CS2_IE_NonRet.exe 1034-1415-6230-2341-2884-9398
InCopy CS2 Mac IC_CS2_UE_NonRet.dmg.bin 1036-0414-4367-5110-5897-2432
Win IC_CS2_UE_NonRet.exe 1036-1419-3531-6378-2148-9313
InDesign CS2 Mac ID_CS2_UE_NonRet.dmg 1037-0413-9961-4063-8457-1098
Win ID_CS2_UE_NonRet.exe 1037-1412-5094-8316-6812-7982
Photoshop CS2 Mac PhSp_CS2_English.dmg.bin 1045-0410-5403-3188-5429-0639
Win PhSp_CS2_English.exe 1045-1412-5685-1654-6343-1431
Photoshop Elements 4.0/5.0 Mac PSE4_Mac_WWE_ESD1.dmg.bin 1057-0410-8218-6295-1699-9560
Win PSE_5.0_WIN_ESD1_ENG.exe 1057-1414-3729-7573-7352-1206
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 Win PPRO_2.0_Ret-NH_UE.zip 1132-1280-4900-7476-5108-8019

jbmeister said:   Gregmhogan -

I believe CS2 requires a minimum of a PowerPC G4 or G5, but that Intel based Macs are supported also. I've been running older versions (CS1?)on Intel based Macs as well as a CS2 version of InDesign for years. Haven't tried this offer specifically yet however.

I downloaded Illustrator and was unsuccessful in getting it to install on a recent Intel Mac running OS X Lion.

How do I install this, the instruction is for image files not .exe files. Which file do I have to execute first, I did the first one and than it asked me to insert disk 2. Confused. Please Help.

For those concerned with PPC vs Intel Macs, CS2 will run on any Mac that runs a pre-Lion system. Everything up until 10.7 has Rosetta which translates PPC code and runs any old-school Mac software on the fly.

I am running an old CS2 version (as back-up) on a 27" core i7 iMac (a client with old CS version requires file handoff in CS2 and saving down from my CS5 corrupts too many PSDs...)

Hope this helps.

Serial number? Ooops - sorry. Found it.

djtitati said:   http://indesignsecrets.com/adobe-is-not-giving-away-cs2.php
Hmm... very interesting. One must wonder what Adobe was thinking, though. In the internet age, you just have to know that something like this is going to go viral, as they trendily say, and that the masses are going to pounce upon this kind of opportunity.

I was succesful in getting some downloads before the page became unresponsive again. I didn't see anything with any serial numbers, where do they come from.

Just installed it on Windows 8. Works great using the directory from the blog.

I never closed the site and it's still working for me. Downloading my last thing now. I copied and pasted the URL hoping I could link it here but it opens to a 'not found' message.

If it's unlicensed, then it's unlicensed. Don't use it in the workplace.

I'll keep the serials for reference. I do own quite a few of these products that can no longer be activated.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1114930
http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/creative-suite...

yoregano said:   djtitati said:   http://indesignsecrets.com/adobe-is-not-giving-away-cs2.php
Hmm... very interesting. One must wonder what Adobe was thinking, though. In the internet age, you just have to know that something like this is going to go viral, as they trendily say, and that the masses are going to pounce upon this kind of opportunity.

Yeah, that's curious. If that was truly their intent to support existing users, then it was poorly executed.

Oh yeah, if you own any past Macromedia products, (Dreamweaver MX 2004, Flash or Freehand) Adobe shut off the activation servers for those too.

Here are the keys if you need them.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/macromedia-leg...

yoregano said:   djtitati said:   http://indesignsecrets.com/adobe-is-not-giving-away-cs2.php

Please read the original posting. Until a few hours ago, you could see the original page, with serial numbers posted on and Adobe page. Look at this: Adobe. The links provided there would give you downloaded links and new serial numbers.

Even Forbes and Cnet are talking about it. Also, check it out on Gizmodo.

In the Adobe forums there is some talk about using the new serial numbers, instead of the ones provided when you purchased the original CS2 software.

I'm attaching to the Quick Summary two snapshots of the original page, one on January 4th. Both are in chinese.

340 MB file, its been downloading for an hour already

One of my coworker says it was always free on torren site? Wtf does he mean. He want tell me the details.

mmaf said:   One of my coworker says it was always free on torren site? Wtf does he mean. He want tell me the details.
All of the info you need can be found here ;)

cuauhtemoc said:   yoregano said:   djtitati said:   http://indesignsecrets.com/adobe-is-not-giving-away-cs2.php

Please read the original posting. Until a few hours ago, you could see the original page, with serial numbers posted on and Adobe page. Look at this: Adobe. The links provided there would give you downloaded links and new serial numbers.

In the Adobe forums there is some talk about using the new serial numbers, instead of the ones provided when you purchased the original CS2 software.

I'm attaching to the Quick Summary two snapshots of the original page, one on January 4th. Both are in chinese.

Iím not sure what your point is, nor why you gave my previous post red. Iím responding, based on the comment from the Adobe rep that they are not giving the software away, that regardless of intentions, if a link is posted to the software, people are going to download it. Thatís all. If it appears to be free (links posted, serial numbers provided for all to see), itís going to get a lot of attention. Iím not passing judgment one way or another, just an observation of how things tend to happen on the internet.

ARen't these really old versions?

yoregano said:   cuauhtemoc said:   yoregano said:   djtitati said:   http://indesignsecrets.com/adobe-is-not-giving-away-cs2.php

Iím not sure what your point is, nor why you gave my previous post red. Iím responding, based on the comment from the Adobe rep that they are not giving the software away, that regardless of intentions, if a link is posted to the software, people are going to download it. Thatís all. If it appears to be free (links posted, serial numbers provided for all to see), itís going to get a lot of attention. Iím not passing judgment one way or another, just an observation of how things tend to happen on the internet.

I stand corrected. My apologies.

My faulted reasoning was: "If all these reputable news sites are talking about it and Adobe was publishing it with serial numbers on it's site, then it must be OK. Their page shows an error to limit download abuse."

But why hasn't Adobe turned down the downloads?

cuauhtemoc said:   Please read the original posting. Until a few hours ago, you could see the original page, <snip>
I stand corrected. My apologies.

My faulted reasoning was: ďIf all these reputable news sites are talking about it and Adobe was publishing it with serial numbers on itís site, then it must be OK. Their page shows an error to limit download abuse.Ē

But why hasnít Adobe turned down the downloads?

Fair enough. Weíre both wondering the same thing. Since the original page with the download links has shown an error page for several hours now, and with all the buzz being posted in news sites and forums like this, Adobe surely does realize that the can of worms is open. What will happen next is a good question.

Can I resell this? (say on eBay?)

i.e. Would there be any consequences.

mmaf said:   Can I resell this? (say on eBay?)

They are really old versions, who would pay for it...besides, it's free.

Anyone have trouble with the installation? I started with the Disk1 EXE file; chose to install everything. When it asked for Disk2, I ran the DISK2 installer, seemed okay, of course the original installer said it couldn't find Disk2. Then I ran Disk3. Looked like everything installed, but in reality only Photoshop and related installed, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat are not installed. Any idea where I might have gone wrong? This is on an XP system.

got photoshop cs2 installed....very nice...and doesn't seem really complicated like the later versions I've used briefly

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch!

Are you trying to see how much red you can in this thread, is that one of the FW badges?
mmaf said:   Can I resell this? (say on eBay?)

Installed PS on Win8 64. Appears to start ok. Did not do anything with it yet. At first blush looks similar to the free Paint.Net.

Just started downloading...thanks OP!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014