GUNS: PSA AR-15 Lower Build Kit - $119

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Complete kit with collapsible stock to finish your stripped lower receiver

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/palmetto-state...

Member Summary

lower build kit
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Do you know by chance where to buy a lower receiver now for less than $300 ?

Shadow OPS has a waiting list if you're willing to wait and I believe Code Red Firearms (Hialeah, FL) is taking orders as well. These are both stripped options.

how much was a deal on this in the past, like $70 or so?

This is what I paid for the Magpul kit 1 yr ago. I think the basic was $89 then.

ricoscoro said:   how much was a deal on this in the past, like $70 or so?

yep...and they can still be found at that price from the non-gougers....it just takes patience...

BUT....these are in stock....so green for OP

pryan67 said:   ricoscoro said:   how much was a deal on this in the past, like $70 or so?

yep...and they can still be found at that price from the non-gougers....it just takes patience...

I'm just surprised PSA is participating like this, at least the prices are not CRAZY high

pryan67 said:   ricoscoro said:   how much was a deal on this in the past, like $70 or so?

Please take the time and link that price,
I am always searching gun and ammo prices an cant find it at the old price of $89.99
I think this is a OK price, Thank you OP

ricoscoro said:   I'm just surprised PSA is participating like this, at least the prices are not CRAZY high

That's one HUGE jump in price! I recently (12/4/2012) picked up one these exact kits for $79.99 and that will be my last purchase from them. PSA paid the same amount for those parts a month ago as they did today. Shame on them.

I had also heard bad things about PSA from a local dealer and I didn't believe them...until now.

I am tempted to take a gamble and start selling off my extra spare parts. I personally think that only the lower will be banned. Part prices may go up due to supply/demand though: no more lower sales mean less demand for parts. However, they will likely settle back down to much lower than what we'll be seeing in the coming week.

EDIT: Woah! A gun related thread that isn't moderated! That was a shock.

Butcherboy said:   pryan67 said:   ricoscoro said:   how much was a deal on this in the past, like $70 or so?

I am always searching gun and ammo prices an cant find it at the old price of $89.99

On the second product review page there is the following comment:

Considering the price ($80 on sale) this is a great choice to keep your build within your budget.

I'm not saying this isn't overpriced, but it is supply and demand here.....and if you're needing it to complete a stripped lower you've bought, it's a decent option as the LPK's alone are $60-$80 right now, so a little more for the stock, buffer tube assembly, etc.

It is just going to cost a lot to assemble all together
160 lower (pre-order from Shadow Ops)
50 FFL fee
120 lower kit
450 upper kit (if lucky)
60 2 magazines (if lucky)
So total build is around 840$

Stas1976 said:   It is just going to cost a lot to assemble all together
160 lower (pre-order from Shadow Ops)
50 FFL fee
120 lower kit
450 upper kit (if lucky)
60 2 magazines (if lucky)
So total build is around 840$

Your $50 FFL fee is HIGH...should be paying around $20. There is a search you can do online to find FFL's in your area and their cost for a transfer. Mine does it for $15.

Also, $60 for 2 mags is high...if you're waiting for the pre-order from Shadow Ops, you might as well get on a backorder list for mags and pay regular price. Should be able to get 30rd mags for at MAX $20 each.

ricoscoro said:   how much was a deal on this in the past, like $70 or so?

This was on sale one month ago for $79 w free shipping.

I paid $99 early last year for this same PSA kit. Not a bad price.

where are you at paying $50 for FFL fee....thats insane!!!! I pay $10

kdn102 said:   ricoscoro said:   I'm just surprised PSA is participating like this, at least the prices are not CRAZY high

That's one HUGE jump in price! I recently (12/4/2012) picked up one these exact kits for $79.99 and that will be my last purchase from them. PSA paid the same amount for those parts a month ago as they did today. Shame on them.

I had also heard bad things about PSA from a local dealer and I didn't believe them...until now.

Oh, please! This is and has been their REGULAR price for the better part of a year.... no gouging involved. Just because YOU purchased a sale item does not make the regular price "one HUGE jump"

>>Should be able to get 30rd mags for at MAX $20 each.
Sorry for asking but do you know a place that accept back-orders for magazines ? The only place where magazines are still available is Craigslist and people asking 40$ a piece if sold individually

>>Your $50 FFL fee is HIGH...should be paying around $20.
Not in Philadelphia 50-65$ here is a norm... http://www.fflgundealers.com/PA.html

Stag lower I bought in Oct from Buds for $117 is now showing OOS last price $184
10/22 I got for $211 is OOS last price as $299
M&P 15-22 is $599 - was $450 a month ago. Coworker bought same model this weekend from local dealer for $499

They are not showing any assault type weapons available yet they always have a few up for auction on their home page bringing double or triple prices

Supply & demand along with free enterprise

Butcherboy said:   pryan67 said:   ricoscoro said:   how much was a deal on this in the past, like $70 or so?

how about this from Stag?

link

of course, the PSA has a collapsable stock as well (that I didn't notice earlier)....so I sit corrected...this isn't a BAD price...and I've always had good luck with PSA

kdn102 said:   ricoscoro said:   I'm just surprised PSA is participating like this, at least the prices are not CRAZY high

I am tempted to take a gamble and start selling off my extra spare parts. I personally think that only the lower will be banned. Part prices may go up due to supply/demand though: no more lower sales mean less demand for parts. However, they will likely settle back down to much lower than what we'll be seeing in the coming week.

EDIT: Woah! A gun related thread that isn't moderated! That was a shock.

This is not price gouging rather a shift in pricing due to unprecedented demand. The only ones that are truly making insane amounts of money are the gun manufactures -right now- but on the flip side, they don't know if they'll be able to continue to sell a product that they've invested tens if not hundreds of thousands in tooling, machinery, R&D, etc. Hopefully things will calm down enough that prices will resume some level of normalcy in Q2/Q3 this year.

-ICE

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014