• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
credit to fivetalents - for mypoints link here. offer extends to june 30, 2014.

buy the certificate for $55. about 5 business days later, you'll get the prepaid membership certificate along with over $50 in coupons for free and discounted products.

i know it says for new membership only but it's really ymmv on renewal with 1 certificate for gold or 2 certificates for exec membership.

i bought 2 certs and was able to use both for an exec renewal without problems.

these are the coupons:

Free 35/16.9 oz bottles kirkland sig spring or drinking water #17975, 10134 - ~$5
Free 48 pk kirkland sig AA batteries #227380 - ~$13
Free rotisserie chicken #87745 - $5
$5 off per package of any fresh meat item (beef, chicken, pork and fish) - i only bought chicken so don't know if it works on all meat packages if you bought them all.
$3 off 6/12.5 oz paks kirkland sig white meat chicken breast #51070
$5 off 2lb bag kirland sig roasted by starbucks house blend coffee or 3lb can colombian coffee#69790, 17767
$3 off kirkland sig gourmet chocolate chunk cookies #37220
$1.50 off select salad mixes #48757, 12139, 6876, 7037
$5 off food court fresh baked whole pizza #137959, 138166, 138167
$10 off pair of prescription eyeglasses
$3 off 8/7 oz kirland sig albacore tuna
= ~$58.50 in savings

not sure if you need to go thru mypoints but here's a link to try.

http://www.mypoints.com/emp/u/login.do

Member Summary

costco
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Nice!! Can you elaborate on the check that Costco will send under the executive plan?

jplee3 (Nov. 06, 2013 @ 2:05p) |

Also, do the coupons expire?

jplee3 (Nov. 06, 2013 @ 3:11p) |

This is good for non exec members. I am executive member so they deduct my membership from my annual credit.

puggle (Nov. 06, 2013 @ 3:35p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I do this every year thru entertainment. Was only $50 unless it just went up.
I just wait til my membership expires and then start a new one with this.

Membership fees went up about a year ago.

we renewed in december, i'm assuming we are too late on this one?

also, just an fyi, you can always get into a costco if you have a gift card. if you are an infrequent customer, just have someone buy you a bunch of gift cards and you can go in whenever you like.

The link is going to the old thread. Pl. correct.
Thanks.

sleakpocket said:   The link is going to the old thread. Pl. correct.
Thanks.
yes, it's old, but the offer is extended to june 30th 2013.

don't want to steal nicemann thunder from this post but for those having problems or don't want to wait after membership to get the coupons, try this www.mypoints.com/emp/u/member/costco.vm?src=mmt392655:

buy your membership certificate, you'll get the prepaid certificate and coupons within 3-5 business days. take the membership certificate to costo and get your membership, then shop with your coupons in one trip. i guarantee you they will not turn the prepaid membership certificate away. i bought 2 and got 2 sets of coupons and use the 2 to renew exec. membership without any problem whatsoever.

Anyone get turned down for using two of these to renew Executive membership?

where to buy the certificates?

linrick said:   i know it says for new membership only but it's really ymmv on renewal with 1 certificate for gold or 2 certificates for exec membership.

Interesting. I used to use these for renewals but that was before they put the wording on the form that it was for new members only. I renewed in November so it's too late for me now but maybe I'll ask my local club whether they will accept them for next year.

Iíd like to do this as an existing member, too, but am wary. I have a Costco AMEX, so I donít want to go through a hassle of just letting my membership expire and then just start a new one.

billrubin said:   linrick said:   i know it says for new membership only but it's really ymmv on renewal with 1 certificate for gold or 2 certificates for exec membership.

Interesting. I used to use these for renewals but that was before they put the wording on the form that it was for new members only. I renewed in November so it's too late for me now but maybe I'll ask my local club whether they will accept them for next year.
i haven't renew my membership for about 2 years so i just asked if i could use the 2 certificates to get the exec. membership. mgr. said sure. he also asked me if i wanted to apply for the costco AMEX because they're offering $55 rebate after purchase. so this was a win win for me. i'm planning to do this again next year if it is available.
yoregano said:   Iíd like to do this as an existing member, too, but am wary. I have a Costco AMEX, so I donít want to go through a hassle of just letting my membership expire and then just start a new one.
i don't think costco would ever turn anyone away with this prepaid certificate.

yoregano said:   Iíd like to do this as an existing member, too, but am wary. I have a Costco AMEX, so I donít want to go through a hassle of just letting my membership expire and then just start a new one.You can turn off the automatic renewal, just ask them.

I ordered the Costco Membership certificate on 1/16/2013 through Mypoints, but have not receive it as of today. For those who have made an order, how many days does it take to get the certificate? Did you receive any email notification for the order? I did not receive any email notification, but I did print out the order. Thank you in advance for helping out!

couple days. ordered a couple days ago

I did this in June 2011, I didn't know you could use it to renew membership. I will try again this June when my membership expires.

I tried the link for myself and my wife. For both of us it said "sorry you are not eligible to join." Didn't work for me.

dseanclark said:   I tried the link for myself and my wife. For both of us it said "sorry you are not eligible to join." Didn't work for me.try this link

https://www.loyaltyinnovations.com/mypts/start.aspx

linrick said:   don't want to steal nicemann thunder from this post but for those having problems or don't want to wait after membership to get the coupons, try this www.mypoints.com/emp/u/member/costco.vm?src=mmt392655:

buy your membership certificate, you'll get the prepaid certificate and coupons within 3-5 business days. take the membership certificate to costo and get your membership, then shop with your coupons in one trip. i guarantee you they will not turn the prepaid membership certificate away. i bought 2 and got 2 sets of coupons and use the 2 to renew exec. membership without any problem whatsoever.

Can you tell us which Costco you went to? I tried the local Costco and they said they cannot renew my exec. membership by using these certificates. Thanks

Green for you; this worked out great for me! Certificate took 5 business days to arrive.

Fantastic offer for me! Going in for the executive membership.

gremlins718 said:   linrick said:   don't want to steal nicemann thunder from this post but for those having problems or don't want to wait after membership to get the coupons, try this www.mypoints.com/emp/u/member/costco.vm?src=mmt392655:

Can you tell us which Costco you went to? I tried the local Costco and they said they cannot renew my exec. membership by using these certificates. Thanks
I took them to the Arlington, tx store and told them I got 2 prepaid memberships and asked if I can use them and get an exec. membership. they happily did it for me even tho my membership had expired 2 years b4. try again with another Costco or speak to manager.

Technically, you (or I) will need to wait until the current membership expires. Then, any membership would easily be a "new" membership, wouldn't it, especially if you change the membership level...

The deal now expires on June 30, 2014...

updated with new expiration date.

removed

hi, I got one of these about 2 weeks ago and I got the certificate in the mail about a week ago but no coupons. Are the coupons supposed to come with the certificate? Thanks

Ilovecashback said:   hi, I got one of these about 2 weeks ago and I got the certificate in the mail about a week ago but no coupons. Are the coupons supposed to come with the certificate? Thanksi believe the coupons are attached to the certificate.

Done this 3 times now .
I buy this certificate for $55
I buy/pay for my normal membership every year. $55
I use the Certificate for the executive upgrade.
I end up with $40-$50 or so worth of coupons of stuff I would actually buy.
The executive membership plan sends me a Costco check that covers my $55 executive upgrade or if the check is less, Costco makes it $55 by me asking them to.
(This part is in the fine print and hidden but real .)

so actual cost is a Costco executive membership for $55 ..and I get $40 to $50 free coupons for stuff I would actually buy .

Not bad !

Using two certificates ... If you are a Costco member is pushing it . IMHO ;-}
And I have seen that shot down .

the link is travel and transport. Can you please let us know the process of buying the certificate? I wanted to join as a new member

my membership will be expired in this coming Aug. Can I just buy the certificate now, and use it when I will renew my membership? Thanks

florist said:   my membership will be expired in this coming Aug. Can I just buy the certificate now, and use it when I will renew my membership? ThanksIf you aren't a Exec yes. If you are an exec..then no, you need to downgrade first.

What I noticed about mine is that it was just a Giftcard worth $55. I wonder if it is exploitable.

minnution said:   the link is travel and transport. Can you please let us know the process of buying the certificate? I wanted to join as a new memberyou have to join b4 the link show up for you to buy.

If you use a gift card without a membership, do they charge you an additional percentage??

heyjuliebean said:   If you use a gift card without a membership, do they charge you an additional percentage??there's no giftcard. it's a prepaid certificate for membership. you get coupons for free stuff but cannot use without a membership.

So if I'm reading this right, Costco membership cost $55 and this offer is $55. Actual free items adds up to $23 and considering most people probably won't be able to use 48 AA batteries, it really comes down to getting a free chicken and some bottled water worth a total of $10. Not sure why there is so much excitement over $10.

We are Costco Executive members for years. So, no freebies to us?

The offer is still available. My family uses a lot of batteries.

Grablife said:   So if I'm reading this right, Costco membership cost $55 and this offer is $55. Actual free items adds up to $23 and considering most people probably won't be able to use 48 AA batteries, it really comes down to getting a free chicken and some bottled water worth a total of $10. Not sure why there is so much excitement over $10.
†the only coupon i don't use is the $10 off prescription glasses so getting worth close to $50 ($100 if you buy 2 $55 regular to get an exec membership) free & discounts is very excited.†

Skipping 10 Messages...
This is good for non exec members. I am executive member so they deduct my membership from my annual credit.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014