• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
$29.99, list price $99.99
valid 1/06/13-1/12/13
Colors vary by store
TD Store Locator

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

nokia lumia
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

no jailbreak for wp8

Great deal on a great phone.

ciber said:   no jailbreak for wp8

Not completely true.

If you're a registered developer, they allow unlock/jailbreaks on up to 3 phones.

If you got in on that $8 deal a few months back (which I don't think I've been credited back the $91/$92 yet, come to think of it), it's pretty cheap jailbreaking!

Can this phone be unlocked and used on Tmobile network? Great phone... waited a long time... was very disappointed it wasn't release on tmobile. Tmobile's phone selection is terrible!

syi916 said:   Can this phone be unlocked and used on Tmobile network? Great phone... waited a long time... was very disappointed it wasn't release on tmobile. Tmobile's phone selection is terrible!

Not yet, I'm waiting for that too.
For now I just hope WP7.8 is going to be released soon for my HD7

no, xap is encrypted, no way for jailbreaking even you have developer account

broken link???

syi916 said:   Can this phone be unlocked and used on Tmobile network? Great phone... waited a long time... was very disappointed it wasn't release on tmobile. Tmobile's phone selection is terrible!

Tmo has extra challenges for handsets, they have spectrum nobody else uses so need custom builds. (look up AWS spectrum)

On GSM they use common bands, so any GSM phone will work on their network but not neccesarily for data. (PCS based UMTS deployments are ongoing so its getting better for other devices, but most of their capacity is on AWS) LTE will also fix a lot of their issues -- I can easily see a GSM/LTE phone working on their network.

I am STILL really annoyed with the way Nokia/MS handled the Lumia 900 though. They basically left it in the ditch when they deployed WP8. So my 2 month old phone couldn't run the new OS - or rather wasn't allowed to. So its stuck on 7.5 forever and they knew WP8 was coming when it was built. I bought it used locally, so not contract limited.

(MS decided to impose a new HW minimum spec for WP8, regardless of whether the software would run. Which L900 didn't meet.)

Cannot be unlocked until the 6 months AT&T exclusive period is over.

RedWolfe01 said:   syi916 said:   Can this phone be unlocked and used on Tmobile network? Great phone... waited a long time... was very disappointed it wasn't release on tmobile. Tmobile's phone selection is terrible!

Tmo has extra challenges for handsets, they have spectrum nobody else uses so need custom builds. (look up AWS spectrum)

On GSM they use common bands, so any GSM phone will work on their network but not neccesarily for data. (PCS based UMTS deployments are ongoing so its getting better for other devices, but most of their capacity is on AWS) LTE will also fix a lot of their issues -- I can easily see a GSM/LTE phone working on their network.

I am STILL really annoyed with the way Nokia/MS handled the Lumia 900 though. They basically left it in the ditch when they deployed WP8. So my 2 month old phone couldn't run the new OS - or rather wasn't allowed to. So its stuck on 7.5 forever and they knew WP8 was coming when it was built. I bought it used locally, so not contract limited.

(MS decided to impose a new HW minimum spec for WP8, regardless of whether the software would run. Which L900 didn't meet.)

If you are able to unlock the phone you will get EDGE speeds as you state unless you live in a area where T-Mobile is refarming. The number of areas is increasing rapidly so pretty soon you should be able to get HSPA+ goodness in most major cities.

I too had a Nokia 900 and "upgraded" to an 810 which is a pretty nice phone too. I *wanted* a 920 but I didn't want to have to wait the 6 months for the carrier unlock again. Note: carrier unlock is different than O/S unlock/jailbreaking. Carrier unlock allows you to use the phone on any GSM carrier and O/S unlock allows you to sideload applications without going through the Windows store. Just wanted to clear that up becuse someone referred to it above and didn't really explain the differences.

It is my favorite phone and it looks great deal for me. I am interested to buy it.

502 Bad Gateway

nginx/1.3.7

repost..

I got the Nokia 810 for TMobile ... loving the interface & the screen ... just WOW! (have been struck with the small iPhone screen for so long - paying at&t over $120 for just 4G data every month ... and $0.99 for every move I make).
Nokia 810 for TMobile

It has the Snapdragon S4 Processor, 8 MP camera with Carl Zeiss lens and a perfect 4.3 display. I say perfect ... because its not too small like iPhone or not too huge battery draining like Samsung.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014