Mensa Home Test Free (normally $18)

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2 34
  • Text Only
jd2010 said:   
I remember the ceiling of the mensa test was somewhere around 130. Neither this, nor the actual mensa test are real IQ tests, and mensa is a waste of $. Should be banned from FWF for paying to get in ... I guess as long as you're all okay with that, feel free to have fun!

IQ and test scores don't make someone successful, Im a prime example of that.

35 ACT
1400 (old) SAT
740 GMAT
168 LSAT
99 ASVAB
150ish IQ from legitimate tests

Im just another wage slave with huge debt who doesnt know what to do with his life like most ppl my age!

Wow. You beat my cousin on the SATs, and he's a neurosurgeon.

Ironically, or maybe not, "mensa" in Mexico means stupid/dumb/goofball.

"Unmeasurable genius" ... FWF should implement a similar scale for deal creativity.

"Genius IQ is generally considered to begin around 140 to 145, representing ~.25% of the population (1 in 400). Here's a rough guide:

115-124 - Above average (e.g., university students)
125-134 - Gifted (e.g., post-graduate students)
135-144 - Highly gifted (e.g., intellectuals)
145-154 - Genius (e.g., professors)
155-164 - Genius (e.g., Nobel Prize winners)
165-179 - High genius
180-200 - Highest genius
>200 - "Unmeasurable genius" "

jd2010 said:   yorkie345 said:   Congratulations!
You scored a 64 on the Mensa Home Test.

Scores between 63 and 70 from the online test are above the 86th percentile and indicate an approximate IQ range between 116 and 125. This high score indicates a strong possibility that you may qualify for membership in Mensa!

I don't agree with Mensa IQ testing. I grew up in the country and while I'm a very good writer, my vocabulary isn't that great. I probably ask my wife once per month what a word she said means! I just took this test and was very confident with most of my answers. However, the vocabulary absolutely killed me. Does it make me any less intelligent that I don't know word relationships for words I've never even heard of? I can multiply and divide in my head like no one else I've ever met but because I don't know the meaning of a word that no one ever uses I'm less intelligent? Pffft. 4.0 through high school without studying, 32 ACT in 10th grade (never took it again) and was always in the top 99th percentile for standardized testing. I was even off the chart on the ASVAB coding and math sections. I guess what I'm getting at is take these results with a grain of salt!

Anywho, thanks for the link OP!

I remember the ceiling of the mensa test was somewhere around 130. Neither this, nor the actual mensa test are real IQ tests, and mensa is a waste of $. Should be banned from FWF for paying to get in ... I guess as long as you're all okay with that, feel free to have fun!

35 ACT
1400 (old) SAT
740 GMAT
168 LSAT
99 ASVAB

Im just another wage slave with huge debt who doesnt know what to do with his life like most ppl my age!

Have you read "The Outsiders"? Although there is correlation between an increase in measured IQ and success or wealth at the lower bounds (say IQ of 80-120), that correlation doesn't hold as you reach the rarefied levels of IQ. If anything, there starts to be an inverse relationship, and even more insidiously, there becomes a correlation with "social maladjustment" and psychosis (which in a large part leads to the lack of social connectedness, ie EQ, and ultimately the inability to achieve high levels of wealth/success).

Coincidentally, an IQ of ~150 puts you squarely in the sweet spot to maximize your EQ. But I guess you'll have to normalize for luck as well.

Yankees said:   
blahblah long quote high test scores

Havent read that specific book but have read up on EQ and the relationship it tends to hold versus IQ. My work ethic is not good, and managing relationships and soft skills is work for me, so my EQ tends to be pretty terrible, although self awareness is the first tenet of EQ, so if one knows their EQ is terrible, maybe its not that bad?

I have read this book: Emotional Intelligence 2.0 which I thought was pretty good.

Anyway back to the moral of the story: mensa is a scam

Scores between 63 and 70 from the online test are above the 86th percentile and indicate an approximate IQ range between 116 and 125. This high score indicates a strong possibility that you may qualify for membership in Mensa!

I don't agree with Mensa IQ testing. I grew up in the country and while I'm a very good writer, my vocabulary isn't that great. I probably ask my wife once per month what a word she said means! I just took this test and was very confident with most of my answers. However, the vocabulary absolutely killed me. Does it make me any less intelligent that I don't know word relationships for words I've never even heard of? I can multiply and divide in my head like no one else I've ever met but because I don't know the meaning of a word that no one ever uses I'm less intelligent? Pffft. 4.0 through high school without studying, 32 ACT in 10th grade (never took it again) and was always in the top 99th percentile for standardized testing. I was even off the chart on the ASVAB coding and math sections. I guess what I'm getting at is take these results with a grain of salt!

35 ACT
1400 (old) SAT
740 GMAT
168 LSAT
99 ASVAB

You're about where I am (you got slightly higher on the ACT which I took in the early 80's) but I kicked your butt on the ASVAB!

I've got one of the best jobs in the world now (software developer) and can work from home at my leisure. Hopefully things look up for you soon. I guess I don't worry anymore about being successful, I'm just grateful that my family has enough and is happy. There is always going to be someone who makes more money than me, I'm just happy that I have the money to do things with my family and the time to spend it with them!

Yes finally! I'm dumb as crap but I need to convince people I is smart!

I've thought for years that the whole point of Mensa membership was for the sex-club-like experiences that their membership seems to appreciate. Was a member in the late 80s, simply because I was too young to see through the veneer. Honestly surprised that they're still around. They must have insanely low overhead (or a hugely gullible population on which to feed.)

I'd suggest using your time more wisely.

Congratulations!

You scored a 65 on the Mensa Home Test.

Really all this test measures for is an 8th grade vocabulary, the ability to recognize addition/subtraction number patterns, simple relationships (e.g. A is bigger than B, B is bigger than C) and interpreting terribly drawn images.

Here's an example question:A man placed four stepping stones one foot square in a row in a section of his garden so that there were equal spaces on all four sides of each of the stones. If the section was 3 feet wide, how long was it?

Hypothetical item example:

A $25 Bass Shop Pro gift card is for a free NRA subscription what x is for a free Mensa home test.
Find x.

I don't get it, I took the test and instead of getting results, they send me this picture instead
brain scan

Is this a good price?

jd2010 said:   Im just another wage slave with huge debt who doesnt know what to do with his life like most ppl my age!Resign.
Pack your life in a bag.
Head out.
Stop only to make a couple of bucks here n there to keep you going.

Come to think of it, maybe I will take my own advice.

newbietx said:   Wow, they do really get personal with the test results. Here are mine:

This score falls between the 62nd and 88th percentiles and indicates an approximate IQ range of 99 - 119. This is above average for the general population! But your wife still thinks you are an idiot!

Huh
Says something about *her smarts if she still married *you!

Shizle said:   Yes finally! I'm dumb as crap but I need to convince people I is smart!And how will you do that? Pay someone to take the test for you?

Thanks OP!

MrCodeDude said:   Here's an example question:A man placed four stepping stones one foot square in a row in a section of his garden so that there were equal spaces on all four sides of each of the stones. If the section was 3 feet wide, how long was it?Let's have more questions; from the test or elsewhere. Make it fun.

The answer to your sample, obviously, is 108.

labboypro said:   Just got a "renewal" notice in mail today for daughter and me. We haven't been paying members for several years. I'm guessing they're really hurting for money that they're trolling through former member files for "renewals."
Kunai said:   I'm a member. I'm happier not paying my dues.

#humblebrag

Just answer "42" to every question....you'll ace it.

aarzi said:   MrCodeDude said:   Here's an example question:A man placed four stepping stones one foot square in a row in a section of his garden so that there were equal spaces on all four sides of each of the stones. If the section was 3 feet wide, how long was it?Let's have more questions; from the test or elsewhere. Make it fun.

The answer to your sample, obviously, is 108.

This one is a drawing: http://www.verityhw.com/uploader/files/1/08.png

Left or right?

Walking around with a false sense of superiority - free

BamBam0099 said:   I don't get it, I took the test and instead of getting results, they send me this picture instead
brain scan

Well at least your brain scan shows something.

Mine just said: "Scan complete, nothing found!"

jd2010 said:   
I remember the ceiling of the mensa test was somewhere around 130.

I thought the lower limit for membership was 130 - i.e. two standard deviations above the mean. Test scores meant more to me before I had real world experience. Nobody has cared about my IQ score since the 6th grade, and nobody has cared about my SAT score since I was admitted to college. Nobody I respect would care if I was in Mensa. It's the Omaha Steaks of the knowledge market. Except that you don't end up with a block of dry ice to play with and a free cooler for road trips.

their website SUCKS!

Overzeetop said:   jd2010 said:   

I thought the lower limit for membership was 130 - i.e. two standard deviations above the mean.

From their "About Us" page:
How do I qualify for Mensa? Membership in Mensa is open to persons who have attained a score within the upper two percent of the general population on an approved intelligence test[ that has been properly administered and supervised. There is no other qualification or disqualification for initial membership eligibility. The term "IQ score" is widely used but poorly defined. There are a large number of tests with different scales. The result on one test of 132 can be the same as a score 148 on another test. Some intelligence tests don't use IQ scores at all. Mensa has set a percentile as cutoff to avoid this confusion. Candidates for membership of Mensa must achieve a score at or above the 98th percentile on a standard test of intelligence (a score that is greater than that achieved by 98 percent of the general population taking the test). Generally, there are two ways to prove that you qualify for Mensa: either take the Mensa test, or submit a qualifying test score from another test. There are a large number of intelligence tests that are "approved". More information on whether a test you have taken is approved, as well as information on the procedure for taking the Mensa test, can be obtained from the nearest Mensa office. There are no on-line tests that can be used for admission to Mensa. Feel free to contact Mensa for specific details about eligibility.

In common usage, 98th percentile is ~130 IQ. The ceiling is definitely not 130. If you take the actual Mensa admissions test, they will only give you a pass/fail result.

For those interested, designing tests to differentiate and resolve at increasingly higher standard deviations of IQ is a science unto itself (psychometrics).

As an example, the Mega Society test has 48 questions, getting 7 right qualifies you for Mensa. It takes 43 right to qualify for Mega. (Mensa=98th percentile, 1 in 50, ~130 IQ. Mega=99.9999th percentile, 1 in 1,000,000, ~176 IQ). Normalized grid for Titan Raw Score / IQ / Percentile. Unfortunately, it's not free to get this test scored.

For the Mensa equivalent, whether you get 7 right or 47 right, you'll get the same response of "you passed!".

I ordered but they don't deliver to Arkansas. Anybody have an address I can use?

Yankees said:   Overzeetop said:   jd2010 said:   

I thought the lower limit for membership was 130 - i.e. two standard deviations above the mean.

From their "About Us" page:
How do I qualify for Mensa? Membership in Mensa is open to persons who have attained a score within the upper two percent of the general population on an approved intelligence test[ that has been properly administered and supervised. There is no other qualification or disqualification for initial membership eligibility. The term "IQ score" is widely used but poorly defined. There are a large number of tests with different scales. The result on one test of 132 can be the same as a score 148 on another test. Some intelligence tests don't use IQ scores at all. Mensa has set a percentile as cutoff to avoid this confusion. Candidates for membership of Mensa must achieve a score at or above the 98th percentile on a standard test of intelligence (a score that is greater than that achieved by 98 percent of the general population taking the test). Generally, there are two ways to prove that you qualify for Mensa: either take the Mensa test, or submit a qualifying test score from another test. There are a large number of intelligence tests that are "approved". More information on whether a test you have taken is approved, as well as information on the procedure for taking the Mensa test, can be obtained from the nearest Mensa office. There are no on-line tests that can be used for admission to Mensa. Feel free to contact Mensa for specific details about eligibility.

In common usage, 98th percentile is ~130 IQ. The ceiling is definitely not 130. If you take the actual Mensa admissions test, they will only give you a pass/fail result.

For those interested, designing tests to differentiate and resolve at increasingly higher standard deviations of IQ is a science unto itself (psychometrics).

As an example, the Mega Society test has 48 questions, getting 7 right qualifies you for Mensa. It takes 43 right to qualify for Mega. (Mensa=98th percentile, 1 in 50, ~130 IQ. Mega=99.9999th percentile, 1 in 1,000,000, ~176 IQ). Normalized grid for Titan Raw Score / IQ / Percentile. Unfortunately, it's not free to get this test scored.

For the Mensa equivalent, whether you get 7 right or 47 right, you'll get the same response of "you passed!".

When I was screwing around with this stuff 10 yrs ago or so I got a 166 on one of Cooijman's online tests, but then got bored of it all and enjoyed college instead. http://www.iq-tests-for-the-high-range.com/test_for_genius.html

jd2010 said:   The irony here is that anyone who pays test and membership fees to be in Mensa is not smart enough to be in Mensa.Or as Groucho said:

"I donít care to belong to any club that will have me as a member"

russellt said:   I ordered but they don't deliver to Arkansas. Anybody have an address I can use?

Don't bother. Clearly not Mensa material.

35 ACT
1400 (old) SAT
740 GMAT
168 LSAT
99 ASVAB

I wished I had that GMAT score. I really hate those 'standardized' tests.

it costs me 18 bucks to find out i am idiot! thanks Op!

Yankees said:   

Have you read "The Outsiders"?

Yeah man. Stay golden, Ponyboy.

johnfw said:   Ironically, or maybe not, "mensa" in Mexico means stupid/dumb/goofball.

I thought it meant table or desk.

Stunner2xx said:   It's over 9000!

If it came from Vegeta's mouth, it's not credible. LOL.

macosx said:   johnfw said:   Ironically, or maybe not, "mensa" in Mexico means stupid/dumb/goofball.I thought it meant table or desk.That's "mesa"

(BTW, if you're a guy, it's "menso")

I think all the smart people on FWF crashed their website!

I had my HTC One V smartphone take this test as well, it seems that we have equal IQs. I knew I made the right choice by not skipping the Virgin Mobile deal. Man, $5 Cash Back from FW, 5% Cash Back from discover, 3.7" display size, and here you go, it is as smart as I am. We have lots of things in common.

haha I agree! Fun quiz, but I would never waste $18 on that!

Juicing (21.84kB)
Disclaimer
yamakasi said:   I had my HTC One V smartphone take this test as well, it seems that we have equal IQs. I knew I made the right choice by not skipping the Virgin Mobile deal. Man, $5 Cash Back from FW, 5% Cash Back from discover, 3.7" display size, and here you go, it is as smart as I am. We have lots of things in common.
I believe you need Droid DNA upgrade. Then you can outsmart your One V

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014