Mensa Home Test Free (normally $18)

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 12 3 4
  • Text Only
How smart is it when you have high IQs yet you make an offer that creates a DOS on your website. self inflicted! that's gotta hurt.

I was curious just to check it out; but man, the site is so slow. It is supposed to take 32 minutes, but this will take all day. Mensa, a test in patience?

I've always been amused by Mensa.

10 extra Mensa points for anyone who looks up its Spanish (mex) translation.

blankit101 said:   I've always been amused by Mensa.

But you get more points if you read through this thread first.

jaimelobo said:   blankit101 said:   I've always been amused by Mensa.

But you get more points if you read through this thread first.

Where's the fun in that?

jaimelobo said:   macosx said:   johnfw said:   Ironically, or maybe not, "mensa" in Mexico means stupid/dumb/goofball.I thought it meant table or desk.That's "mesa"

(BTW, if you're a guy, it's "menso")

It's table. Or at least Wiki says so.

Mensa (pron.: /ˈmɛnsə/; Latin: [ˈmensa]) means "table" in Latin, as is symbolized in the organization's logo, and was chosen to demonstrate the round-table nature of the organization; the coming together of equals.

Yankees said:   jaimelobo said:   macosx said:   johnfw said:   Ironically, or maybe not, "mensa" in Mexico means stupid/dumb/goofball.I thought it meant table or desk.That's "mesa"

Mensa (pron.: /ˈmɛnsə/; Latin: [ˈmensa]) means "table" in Latin, as is symbolized in the organization's logo, and was chosen to demonstrate the round-table nature of the organization; the coming together of equals.

That would be Latin, not Spanish.

Most of these online tests don't really test intelligence, they test brain speed.

Thanks OP!

i had all the right answers,but apparently Mensa administered the wrong questions to me.

green for OP, red for Mensa

I want a FatWallet Badge for Mensa IQ

Yankees said:   jaimelobo said:   johnfw said:   Ironically, or maybe not, "mensa" in Mexico means stupid/dumb/goofball.I thought it meant table or desk.That's "mesa"

Mensa (pron.: /ˈmɛnsə/; Latin: [ˈmensa]) means "table" in Latin, as is symbolized in the organization's logo, and was chosen to demonstrate the round-table nature of the organization; the coming together of equals.Maybe this will help:

jd2010 said:   IQ and test scores don't make someone successful, Im a prime example of that.

35 ACT
1400 (old) SAT
740 GMAT
168 LSAT
99 ASVAB
150ish IQ from legitimate tests

I'm just another wage slave with huge debt who doesnt know what to do with his life like most ppl my age!

The person who was in the Guinness Book for having the highest IQ now works in a government unemployment office.

One kid who was pushed into college at age 13 by his father rebelled, went back to high school, and works as a house painting estimator. His father had a SWAT team situation.

russellt said:   I ordered but they don't deliver to Arkansas. Anybody have an address I can use?This is soo funny!!!

TommyTuTone said:   Mensa New Zealand online home testI did the first one and the third one. Where is the solution for the rest?

Crbcyr jub pna svther bhg fvyyl pbqr frdhraprf qbrfa'g ernyyl cebir bar'f vagryyvtrapr.

Hmm, thank you to everyone that shared actual feedback on Mensa. I always wondered if I was missing something, and now I'm glad I never joined. Automatically qualified with my standardized test scores (you don't actually have to take the Mensa test), but never felt like it was worth the dues.

I was a member years ago. I never took a test; as I recall I was admitted based on my ACT score. I don't think they allow that anymore.
I never went to any of their get-togethers or conventions, but from the listservs and forums I browsed, they have a HELL of a lot of fun at those things. It sounded like they had more in common with Mardi Gras and bachelor parties than highbrow lectures and book readings.

Which is not a condemnation in the least. Smart people who know how to have fun are cool to hang around with.

P.S.: First post!

TIL: John McAfee, Asia Carrera, and Norman Schwartzkopf Jr, are all members of Mensa.

tinkakat said:   UBOK said:   I don't need no test to show how smart I am...I've got all my electronics connected by Monster Cables and my freezer full of Omaha Steaks. and i bet you have a iphone and ipad too.

Don't you mean 1st in line paying full price on every single iDevice at release? Camped out over night to get them earns you the "executive" membership.

jd2010 said:   shihkang said:   jd2010 said:   yorkie345 said:   Congratulations!
You scored a 64 on the Mensa Home Test.

Scores between 63 and 70 from the online test are above the 86th percentile and indicate an approximate IQ range between 116 and 125. This high score indicates a strong possibility that you may qualify for membership in Mensa!

I don't agree with Mensa IQ testing. I grew up in the country and while I'm a very good writer, my vocabulary isn't that great. I probably ask my wife once per month what a word she said means! I just took this test and was very confident with most of my answers. However, the vocabulary absolutely killed me. Does it make me any less intelligent that I don't know word relationships for words I've never even heard of? I can multiply and divide in my head like no one else I've ever met but because I don't know the meaning of a word that no one ever uses I'm less intelligent? Pffft. 4.0 through high school without studying, 32 ACT in 10th grade (never took it again) and was always in the top 99th percentile for standardized testing. I was even off the chart on the ASVAB coding and math sections. I guess what I'm getting at is take these results with a grain of salt!

Anywho, thanks for the link OP!

I remember the ceiling of the mensa test was somewhere around 130. Neither this, nor the actual mensa test are real IQ tests, and mensa is a waste of $. Should be banned from FWF for paying to get in ... I guess as long as you're all okay with that, feel free to have fun!

IQ and test scores don't make someone successful, Im a prime example of that.

35 ACT
1400 (old) SAT
740 GMAT
168 LSAT
99 ASVAB
150ish IQ from legitimate tests

Im just another wage slave with huge debt who doesnt know what to do with his life like most ppl my age!

What kind of law do you practice?

I bailed after 1L when it was pretty evident the law bubble was about to burst. I was in bottom half of my class, hated it.

which bschool did you attend?
No MCAT score/medschool?

I was looking at the local Mensa website and on the list of abbreviations, one of them was CO - Clothing Optional.

Sounds like a Frat membership.

Between 116-125 on the home test...

"It's better to live a smart life thinking you are stupid. Then live a stupid life thinking you are smart."

GP, 2013

Got a 71 which puts me ABOVE the 90th Percentile and an IQ between 127-129. Not surprising kinda knew I was smart (not just b/c I use FW)

Could be a lot of people are scoring low and just not publicizing their results. Doesn't take a Mensa member to realize that those who score Genius are more likely to brag about it.

JhakaasDesi said:   I was looking at the local Mensa website and on the list of abbreviations, one of them was CO - Clothing Optional.

Thomas Edison said "Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration".....obviously Mensa members are smart enough to avoid pit stains and ring around the collar.

Is it just me or does it seem like no one in Mensa has decent artistic skills?

Above average ... as per usual lol.
I had to guess on a couple of those pics ... suppose it was designed that way ... but it shouldnt be.
mensa rip off said: membership rip off drive stated : Online Home Test score

Congratulations!
You scored a 68 on the Mensa Home Test.

Scores between 63 and 70 from the online test are above the 86th percentile and indicate an approximate IQ range between 116 and 125. This high score indicates a strong possibility that you may qualify for membership in Mensa!

Dang .. I am a failure .. I only scored 62 !!!!!

UBOK said:   I don't need no test to show how smart I am...I've got all my electronics connected by Monster Cables and my freezer full of Omaha Steaks.

Now i feel stupid, I'm sure I have a monster cable somewhere for my original xbox, and an Omaha Steaks gift card i never redeemed.

I failed 90% of the questions but in the other info section I wrote..."I drive an Impala"...then it appeared my computer froze but the Mensa site said "Wait patiently, recalculating results" and about a minute later my monitor showed stars and confetti flying down it said "Thank You for taking our specialized genius test, you are a full-fledged Genius!" I've never felt so good in my life. This is an amazing feeling!! WOOOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Winded said:   I failed 90% of the questions but in the other info section I wrote..."I drive an Impala"...then it appeared my computer froze but the Mensa site said "Wait patiently, recalculating results" and about a minute later my monitor showed stars and confetti flying down it said "Thank You for taking our specialized genius test, you are a full-fledged Genius!" I've never felt so good in my life. This is an amazing feeling!! WOOOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Perhaps it thought you drive this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impala

arct said:   ...and Norman Schwartzkopf Jr, are all members of Mensa.

Afterlife Chapter

dup

UBOK said:   I don't need no test to show how smart I am...I've got all my electronics connected by Monster Cables and my freezer full of Omaha Steaks.

But that only apples if those electroniks are Bose brand.

I may not be a mensa, nor have I ever played one on TV, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night.

Wife interrupted me during the first section, only got to answer 18 out of 22 questions before timer expired. Finished the other sections without interruption and got a 67 score. Not to shabby. Hee hee. As long as I am average or better, I'm satisfied.

You guys are so funny! Thanks for adding giggles to my night. And, no, Giggles is not the name of my dog.

We knew that. We are mensa.

63. A lot of those questions could have two answers. All I know is, reading your posts were much more fun than the test which was boring IMHO. Thanks for the laughs!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014