Mensa Home Test Free (normally $18)

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.us.mensa.org/join/mht/

During the month of January, you can take American Mensa's online Home Test for free. Regularly priced at $18, the online test is designed to preview what it's like to take the official Mensa qualifying test. So give your mind the workout it deserves and apply that $18 savings toward a gym membership! You'll want to get a test key first, so click the link below and complete your purchase at $0. You'll receive a test key in email that you can use or give to a friend!

Member Summary

Mensa
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Congratulations!

You scored a 74 on the Mensa Home Test.

Scores between 73 and 80 are above the 98th percentile and indica... (more)

pauldiggy (Feb. 09, 2013 @ 12:46a) |

Green for the laugh. Welcome to FW.

jd2010 (Feb. 09, 2013 @ 2:23a) |

Anyone know if the time to take free home test has passed for those who did already get the code last month but were yet... (more)

invisible (Feb. 10, 2013 @ 12:23p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

damn only scored a 190

it's rigged... keeps saying i am a genius.

It's over 9000!

More like Men$a.

Apparently I'm mentally retarded

Site is uber-slow. I guess the techs at Mensa aren't smart enough to handle the FW effect.

Maybe that means the test is easier now that the mensa techs are not smart enough to manage the website efficiently.

Green for OP, but Mensa is mostly a money machine for the insiders.

So what scores are everyone else getting?? iS EVERYONE a genius? I'm thinking they just want you to pay for the regular test...

Just got a "renewal" notice in mail today for daughter and me. We haven't been paying members for several years. I'm guessing they're really hurting for money that they're trolling through former member files for "renewals."

If you are willing to pay $18 to find out... YOU'RE NOT!

Why are they testing my home?

labboypro said:   Just got a "renewal" notice in mail today for daughter and me. We haven't been paying members for several years. I'm guessing they're really hurting for money that they're trolling through former member files for "renewals."

You'd get the household renewal rate of only $117/year for you and your daughter.

I'm a member. I'm happier not paying my dues.

Bragging rights commence.

Never understood the purpose of MENSA. It's like buying a Ferrari to compensate for...nevermind.

The irony here is that anyone who pays test and membership fees to be in Mensa is not smart enough to be in Mensa.

I am just happy knowing I am smart enough to be a FW member and it saves me $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ GREEN IF YOU AGREE

Years ago they had a Mensa credit card issued by MBNA. Not particularly great perks, as I've never become a member or cardmember. At the time I was stupid enough to pay for this test, which called for a real test which I decided not to take.

I kept getting e-mails from them with test sites and dates, until I told them to stop. Now that it's free and that probably will have lots of registrants, prepare for the same treatment.

Green for OP, so happy to find this deal. Thanks a lot.

Green i am happy to get this

Thanks OP! On the list for the weekend.

Is 'Mensa' the singular of 'Menses'? ...

Have to give a green.

Great deal! Thanks!

natevines said:   Apparently I'm mentally retarded

Don't you mean 'mensally' retarded?

EZ

I don't need no test to show how smart I am...I've got all my electronics connected by Monster Cables and my freezer full of Omaha Steaks.

Congratulations!
You scored a 64 on the Mensa Home Test.

Scores between 63 and 70 from the online test are above the 86th percentile and indicate an approximate IQ range between 116 and 125. This high score indicates a strong possibility that you may qualify for membership in Mensa!

I don't agree with Mensa IQ testing. I grew up in the country and while I'm a very good writer, my vocabulary isn't that great. I probably ask my wife once per month what a word she said means! I just took this test and was very confident with most of my answers. However, the vocabulary absolutely killed me. Does it make me any less intelligent that I don't know word relationships for words I've never even heard of? I can multiply and divide in my head like no one else I've ever met but because I don't know the meaning of a word that no one ever uses I'm less intelligent? Pffft. 4.0 through high school without studying, 32 ACT in 10th grade (never took it again) and was always in the top 99th percentile for standardized testing. I was even off the chart on the ASVAB coding and math sections. I guess what I'm getting at is take these results with a grain of salt!

Anywho, thanks for the link OP!

yorkie345 said:   Congratulations!

Scores between 63 and 70 from the online test are above the 86th percentile and indicate an approximate IQ range between 116 and 125. This high score indicates a strong possibility that you may qualify for membership in Mensa!

I don't agree with Mensa IQ testing. I grew up in the country and while I'm a very good writer, my vocabulary isn't that great. I probably ask my wife once per month what a word she said means! I just took this test and was very confident with most of my answers. However, the vocabulary absolutely killed me. Does it make me any less intelligent that I don't know word relationships for words I've never even heard of? I can multiply and divide in my head like no one else I've ever met but because I don't know the meaning of a word that no one ever uses I'm less intelligent? Pffft. 4.0 through high school without studying, 32 ACT in 10th grade (never took it again) and was always in the top 99th percentile for standardized testing. I was even off the chart on the ASVAB coding and math sections. I guess what I'm getting at is take these results with a grain of salt!

I remember the ceiling of the mensa test was somewhere around 130. Neither this, nor the actual mensa test are real IQ tests, and mensa is a waste of $. Should be banned from FWF for paying to get in ... I guess as long as you're all okay with that, feel free to have fun!

IQ and test scores don't make someone successful, Im a prime example of that.

35 ACT
1400 (old) SAT
740 GMAT
168 LSAT
99 ASVAB
150ish IQ from legitimate tests

Im just another wage slave with huge debt who doesnt know what to do with his life like most ppl my age!

UBOK said:   I don't need no test to show how smart I am...I've got all my electronics connected by Monster Cables and my freezer full of Omaha Steaks. and i bet you have a iphone and ipad too.

yorkie345 said:   Congratulations!

Online "IQ" tests should not be considered valid. This is not how "real" intelligence tests (which have their own limitations) are administered. Although they may give a broad indication of intelligence, for the most part scores should be taken with a grain (or three) of salt.

I took the real test on a bet. Basically if I passed the test it was free. If I failed it, it would cost me double.

The real test (IIRC, it's been 15 years) is basically number patterns, spacial relations, word association and one story with questions you have to answer. There were two things that stood out to me. 1. If you are not a good test taker (quick answer and move on) it is pointless to take it as it is very difficult to get through all the questions (they are in sections). 2. If you can't almost immediately recognize a number pattern (give you 5 numbers and you have to give what the next in the sequence is) it's a waste of time to take the test, because even though you could figure them out you would not have enough time.

//The practice tests on all the sites are bait.

I don't care what my IQ says, I rather be Rich and Good Looking with Katy Perry as my girlfriend.

jd2010 said:   yorkie345 said:   Congratulations!

I remember the ceiling of the mensa test was somewhere around 130. Neither this, nor the actual mensa test are real IQ tests, and mensa is a waste of $. Should be banned from FWF for paying to get in ... I guess as long as you're all okay with that, feel free to have fun!

35 ACT
1400 (old) SAT
740 GMAT
168 LSAT
99 ASVAB

Im just another wage slave with huge debt who doesnt know what to do with his life like most ppl my age!

What kind of law do you practice?

shihkang said:   jd2010 said:   yorkie345 said:   Congratulations!

35 ACT
1400 (old) SAT
740 GMAT
168 LSAT
99 ASVAB

I bailed after 1L when it was pretty evident the law bubble was about to burst. I was in bottom half of my class, hated it.

Wow, they do really get personal with the test results. Here are mine:

This score falls between the 62nd and 88th percentiles and indicates an approximate IQ range of 99 - 119. This is above average for the general population! But your wife still thinks you are an idiot!

Huh

It is a very great deal.Thanks a lot.

jd2010 said:   shihkang said:   jd2010 said:   yorkie345 said:   Congratulations!

35 ACT
1400 (old) SAT
740 GMAT
168 LSAT
99 ASVAB

I bailed after 1L when it was pretty evident the law bubble was about to burst. I was in bottom half of my class, hated it.

I see. Yeah, the legal job market pretty much sucks unless you are in the top 5% from a "good" school.

Skipping 91 Messages...
Anyone know if the time to take free home test has passed for those who did already get the code last month but were yet to use?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014