Mensa Home Test Free (normally $18)

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
FSBox said:   As long as I am average or better, I'm satisfied.If most test-takers score at average or better, does that not make average "below average", and above-average "average"?

aarzi said:   FSBox said:   As long as I am average or better, I'm satisfied.If most test-takers score at average or better, does that not make average "below average", and above-average "average"?
Legend has it that President Eisenhower was shocked when he was told that as many as 50% of the American students were below average. To his credit, he quickly got past his senior moment.

Being average or better is meaningless beyond that you were exposed to a similar culture and mental tasks based around the television generation where a simple problem is posed and solved in a really short period of time based on a "most popular consensus" answer, while a true genius tends to be one that sees past the thoughts the most popular consensus had as that would be redundant. In other words your time is better spent on the questions mankind has that have no answers yet.

last day to take the test for free. given that it takes them "1 business day" to generate a code, it's probably too late for folks who haven't gotten the code yet.

I'm an 'average' Mensan!

How long does it take to take the test online?

arct said:   TIL: John McAfee, Asia Carrera, and Norman Schwartzkopf Jr, are all members of Mensa.

They must have taken the test George Costanza style.

pkp413 said:   How long does it take to take the test online?

8 mins / section
4 sections

take away a few mins (if you are good at tests and can finish without using the max allotted time), and you're looking at ~30 mins

Congratulations!

You scored a 74 on the Mensa Home Test.

Scores between 73 and 80 are above the 98th percentile and indicate an approximate IQ range between 132 and 151. This high score indicates a strong possibility that you may qualify for membership in Mensa!

Two things:
1. Are people really this dumb that they can only answer half these questions right? That test was pretty easy. Or is MENSA just some racket where they lie to you and tell you that you are a genius so they can take your money?
2. I am told that I am genius due to my score on this MENSA home test. One minute later I google "mensa home test" and find out that I just paid $18 for something that had been free for the entire month of January. Irony at its finest.

pauldiggy said:   Congratulations!

You scored a 74 on the Mensa Home Test.

Scores between 73 and 80 are above the 98th percentile and indicate an approximate IQ range between 132 and 151. This high score indicates a strong possibility that you may qualify for membership in Mensa!

Two things:
1. Are people really this dumb that they can only answer half these questions right? That test was pretty easy. Or is MENSA just some racket where they lie to you and tell you that you are a genius so they can take your money?
2. I am told that I am genius due to my score on this MENSA home test. One minute later I google "mensa home test" and find out that I just paid $18 for something that had been free for the entire month of January. Irony at its finest.

Green for the laugh. Welcome to FW.

Anyone know if the time to take free home test has passed for those who did already get the code last month but were yet to use?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014