• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Linky

Found several Primo Flavorstation on clearance in the back of local Lowe's.

Compare to competitor Sodastream for over $70.

Lowe's
See Lowe's promo codes that earn Up to 2.25% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

This machine also uses standard Co2 cartridges instead of proprietary ones like Sodastream. So much easier for most to get refills

just be careful on the pressure hose. apparently primo and sodastream dont understand that the rubber hose they use is inadequate for repeated high pressure use.

Yea

Please explain. I have a primo and the co2 cartridge is a bayonnet mount directly to the head of the unit. Are you talking about the "straw" that is immersed in the plastic bottle and delivers the co2? Have not heard of this problem. Is there anything the user can do to minimize wear and tear? Thanks.

I had sodastream and did not like it because the cartridges costs $15. Also the bottles were about 32 oz but lost their fizz pretty fast. Got Primo through Groupon many months ago. Although their bottles are only16 oz, they kept the fixx longer. Also to get your co2 refilled, go to Sports Authority. It was only $32.5 to refill the cartridges and after 10 refils, the next is free,

Much better than soda stream

mherbach said:   I had sodastream and did not like it because the cartridges costs $15. Also the bottles were about 32 oz but lost their fizz pretty fast. Got Primo through Groupon many months ago. Although their bottles are only16 oz, they kept the fixx longer. Also to get your co2 refilled, go to Sports Authority. It was only $32.5 to refill the cartridges and after 10 refils, the next is free,

Much better than soda stream

You paid $32.50 to refill a tank?

Sorry, it should have been $3.25 for refills

ronj75 said:   just be careful on the pressure hose. apparently primo and sodastream dont understand that the rubber hose they use is inadequate for repeated high pressure use.

Oh, they understand.

with primo, there is a button that releases the excess co2. WIth sodastream , it doesn't exsist

As for food/beverage grade- there really isn't any difference. If there was aany oil, it would go t othe top. There is no difference in taste. AN 80% savings, I would take the almost nonexistent chance

JCranfill said:   Is the Sports Authority CO2 considered food/beverage grade?
http://thebrewingnetwork.com/BN-Army-Blog/C02-Myths-and-Rumors
My cousin used to work at Airgas and told me the only difference between regular CO2 and food/beverage grade CO2 was the label they put on the bottle. They were both filled from same CO2 source.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014