• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

The Deal

$149 for Friends: The Complete Series on Blu-ray ($279.98 list price)
Free shipping

Friends: The Complete Series

Spanning 10 seasons and 236 episodes, the long-running television show Friends chronicled the lives of six companions living in New York City throughout their many different relationships, career changes, and misadventures. High-resolution Blu-ray compression makes it seem like the gang of Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Chandler, Ross, and Joey is in the room with you. Clap along to the famous theme song performed by The Rembrandts while reading the included 32-page episode guide with content from the Warner Bros. archives. Viewers can fast-forward to spot Tom Selleck, Julia Roberts, and Alec Baldwin's guest appearances on the series or absorb Friends trivia by watching the behind-the-scenes footage or eating a stack of scripts.
Features

21-disc set includes all 236 episodes from the show's 10 seasons
Collectible package holds discs and a 32-page episode guide featuring content from Warner Bros. archives and secret moon base
More than 20 hours of bonus content including behind-the-scenes footage
Aspect ratio: 16 x 9 letterbox
Sound quality: DTS 5.1
Widescreen
Rating: Not rated
Package dimensions: 2" (L) x 11.5" (W) x 8.062" (H)
Weight: 64 ounces

How to get your goods: by purchasing this Groupon and providing your name and shipping address, your order is complete!

In a Nutshell

Collectible 21-disc Blu-ray set of all 236 original broadcast Friends episodes; includes 20 hours of bonus content

Member Summary

Friends
Thanks JayMatt19
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Groupon is really struggling now-a-days

Why no price in the title?

$179 on Amazon.

Groupon = Hardly a deal

The price is nice here. Thanks OP!

I believe Friends was produced in standard 480i back in the pioneering television days before high definition. What would Blu-Ray gain over a standard DVD?

I went back and read that this uses 16 X 9 format. That means the top and bottom are cut off to fill the screen from the original 4 X 3 ratio recordings.

Why would anyone pay $149 to watch "Friends", the reruns are on 20 times per day.

Pauldow said:   I believe Friends was produced in standard 480i back in the pioneering television days before high definition. What would Blu-Ray gain over a standard DVD?

I went back and read that this uses 16 X 9 format. That means the top and bottom are cut off to fill the screen from the original 4 X 3 ratio recordings.

False. Friends was shot in Super 35 so 4:3 versions were actually cropped and zoomed. This version expands on the 4:3 frame, you see more.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014