• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I was just at Staples store and they have the Nook that is regularly $199 down to $119. They are on clearance. Good deal. In store only if you can find it.

UPDATE: model # BNTV250A

Rang up $82.50

Member Summary

nook
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The box says "Smooth streaming HD video playback (supports up to 1080p". Also says "TV shows & movies on Netflix, the l... (more)

muskiemyke (Jan. 22, 2013 @ 3:05p) |

PM sent. Please reply.

MysteriousGirl (Jan. 22, 2013 @ 5:54p) |

MysteriousGirl, PM replied to.

muskiemyke (Jan. 22, 2013 @ 9:09p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What is model number?

A search online reveals this one to be the possible model in question:

NOOK® HD Smoke 8GB
Item: 101736 Model: BNTV400

Read 9 Reviews

NOOK HD's display is best-in-class, with brilliant color, ultra-crisp definition, and minimal glare
Create up to 6 NOOK Profiles™ - one for every member of the family
Over 3 Million Books - 1 million titles are free; sample any book for free
See more details

FREE SHIPPING
In Stock Online
Expected Delivery: 1 Business Day
FREE Shipping to store ( Learn More )
Check in Store Availability

$199.00 EACH

http://www.staples.com/NOOK-HD-Smoke-8GB/product_101736

It is $199. at my store........

Same at mine.

OP probably meant Nook Color.

is it the HD model?

Listed online at my store as low stock clearance item, so it is not out of the realm. I already have my store holding one.

MortAr

Old model, YMMV. It's not an HD.

$199 in CT..

gilkm said:   Listed online at my store as low stock clearance item, so it is not out of the realm. I already have my store holding one.

What price? Thanks

I went in and it was the Nook black and white tablets on sale. One was the Nook Simple the other the Nook Touch. One was $79, the other $119.

If it is the black and white (e-ink) version then they are called the Nook Simple Touch amd Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight. This is regular price. My guess is that this is not what the OP is talking about. The Nook Tablet is getting cleared out for the newer versions which are Nook HD and Nook HD+.

Yep, that's it, Glowlight. Anyway the Nook HD scanned at $199.

The Nook color and nook tablet went on clearance a while ago and if you can still find them they sell between 99 and 130.
The models are:
NOOK Tablet 16GB, Wi-Fi, 7" BNTV250 Sku 414699 $129.90
NOOK Tablet 8GB, Wi-Fi, 7" BNTV250a Sku 477904 $119.90
NOOK Color 8GB, Wi-Fi, 7" BNRV200 Sku 324511 $99.90

Cant guaranty there are any of these left but my recollection was that mid December, they were available in small numbers in some stores.

I wish Staples put the Nook Slate HD+ back on sale for $199 like it was a few weeks ago. The ebooks for my coursework just don't work with the Nook Tablet's 7" screen. Need to go to a bigger tablet, or find a 12" Windows tablet laptop.

Orkine said:   The Nook color and nook tablet went on clearance a while ago and if you can still find them they sell between 99 and 130.
The models are:

Cant guaranty there are any of these left but my recollection was that mid December, they were available in small numbers in some stores.

I had gotten a 16GB device then with the $25 off Nook coupon that was in the Staples email that week.

Now using it with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean booting from SD card. Very happy.

A few days ago my store (Framingham MA) had a Nook Color posted as clearance for $99.

JesseKnows said:   Orkine said:   The Nook color and nook tablet went on clearance a while ago and if you can still find them they sell between 99 and 130.
The models are:

I had gotten a 16GB device then with the $25 off Nook coupon that was in the Staples email that week.

A few days ago my store (Framingham MA) had a Nook Color posted as clearance for $99.

I bought two at that time $105+Tax after the $25 off coupon...later I returned one because wifey wanted a laptop instead and the cashier couldn't believe that I was returning a 16GB Nook for $105.

ach1199 said:   JesseKnows said:   Orkine said:   The Nook color and nook tablet went on clearance a while ago and if you can still find them they sell between 99 and 130.
The models are:

I bought two at that time $105+Tax after the $25 off coupon...later I returned one because wifey wanted a laptop instead and the cashier couldn't believe that I was returning a 16GB Nook for $105.

Agreed - should have eBayed it.

Looks cool and the price is also nice. Thanks OP!

Rang up 199 at mine as well.

Guess I will need to stop by after work.

Before Christmas, WalMart had the Nook Tablet 8GB refurb for $109, then B&N had the Tablet 16GB refurb for $90. Wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't find another deal like that soon. Though maybe some just don't like buying refurbs.

UPDATE: I am the originally poster of this thread.

I went to back to Staples today to buy a unit. It is the NOOK TABLET, 8gb. Model #BNTV250A

It was $200 for $120, clearance.

When I took it up to the register, the cashier scanned it and it came up $82.50!

So I said, I'll take another one please! Bought one for me and one for my sister. I felt like I was stealing! LOL

Best Buy is selling this for $160.

I was l@ casselberry fl store & it rang up at 199.99

JesseKnows said:   Orkine said:   The Nook color and nook tablet went on clearance a while ago and if you can still find them they sell between 99 and 130.
The models are:

For my knowledge, r u sure you can boot and run Android from the uSD on the Nook Tablet?
I own the NC (Nook Color) and I'm running KANG on it but last time I dealt with the NC, I know the NT still have boot loader locked and no one in the XDA got it run. Since then I didn't follow the NT anymore so I don't know how far those xda dev. proceed.
And a bonus question, r u using Sandisk class 4?

pianoCM said:   JesseKnows said:   Orkine said:   The Nook color and nook tablet went on clearance a while ago and if you can still find them they sell between 99 and 130.
The models are:

For my knowledge, r u sure you can boot and run Android from the uSD on the Nook Tablet?
I own the NC (Nook Color) and I'm running KANG on it but last time I dealt with the NC, I know the NT still have boot loader locked and no one in the XDA got it run. Since then I didn't follow the NT anymore so I don't know how far those xda dev. proceed.

Long since resolved.
You can not only run Nook Tablet on SD card, you can also run the new HD.
Google Androidfornook or N2Acard for commercialized and supported versions,

I JUST rooted my new Tablet tonight. Got both the original nook feel and the android google play store! ..whooot!!

pianoCM said:   

Yes, and Yes (8GB was $5.99 at Staples a couple of weeks ago). See http://iamafanof.wordpress.com/2012/11/18/cm10-0-jellybean-sdcar...

Confirmed in Portland ME.
Nook
Tablet $82.50
Simple touch $59.00
Simple touch glow $89.00

I bought the glow, as tempting as the tablet was. The store manager said they (all Staples bm?) will not be carrying any nooks as they don't sell well compared to kindle.

I plan to root glow as well.
(Written on my rooted Nook Color)

Eta : all were prices were marked as such.

Awesome, thanks all for your replies.
It's time to head back to xda

Confirmed in PA! Got the last one in store. Already removed from the display, had to ask if they had one in back. $50 in battery rewards to spend, so OTD for $33! Thanks OP. Now, do I keep it or give it to the wife...

grrr i was at Staples and forgot to look....is there any way to search inventory online?

Orkine said:   The Nook color and nook tablet went on clearance a while ago and if you can still find them they sell between 99 and 130.
The models are:

Bummer I just got a couple of the BNVR200 for $70 and was gonna try them on Craigsist. And before anyone asks I have a clearance place local that I get some decent deals.

Ypsilanti, MI. Had a 8gb on hold, they only had 1 left. Got to the store and saw they had the Tablet 16gb for $89.50. Scored TWO of them, last ones!

There is no searching inventory online. They don't carry them anymore. You can have a store do a store lookup of stock at other stores.

16GB rang up at $200 in Bel Air, MD

Yes, the tag price tag did say $200, then it next it said clearance $89.50

I am trying to post an image of my receipt. Maybe you can print this out and take it to your store to get a price match.

copy of staples receipt

I got a 16G model at $89. They had 8G model for $82. I had to ask the guy to check with the SKU number for it. Put a CM10 in a SD card and it is a very nice little pad. Thanks for the post.

Skipping 41 Messages...
MysteriousGirl, PM replied to.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014