• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
sunmountain said:   I got a 16G model at $89. They had 8G model for $82. I had to ask the guy to check with the SKU number for it. Put a CM10 in a SD card and it is a very nice little pad. Thanks for the post.

Can you please PM and/or post your make and model of SD card.

ChalPhut said:   sunmountain said:   I got a 16G model at $89. They had 8G model for $82. I had to ask the guy to check with the SKU number for it. Put a CM10 in a SD card and it is a very nice little pad. Thanks for the post.

For your best experience, do this:

http://iamafanof.wordpress.com/2012/11/18/cm10-0-jellybean-sdcard-img-for-nook-tablet/

and put it on one of these:

http://www.staples.com/SanDisk-16GB-Standard-microSD-microSDHC-Card-Class-4-Flash-Memory-Card/product_778201

The class 4 Sandisk works the best, in my experience. 8GB would work fine as well.

The CM distro above is incredible off of SD... speedy quick on this device. Very nice setup if you can get it going.

eBay prices are around this, so it's a warmish deal.

parmenides said:   ChalPhut said:   sunmountain said:   I got a 16G model at $89. They had 8G model for $82. I had to ask the guy to check with the SKU number for it. Put a CM10 in a SD card and it is a very nice little pad. Thanks for the post.

For your best experience, do this:

http://iamafanof.wordpress.com/2012/11/18/cm10-0-jellybean-sdcard-img-for-nook-tablet/

and put it on one of these:

http://www.staples.com/SanDisk-16GB-Standard-microSD-microSDHC-Card-Class-4-Flash-Memory-Card/product_778201

The class 4 Sandisk works the best, in my experience. 8GB would work fine as well.

The CM distro above is incredible off of SD... speedy quick on this device. Very nice setup if you can get it going.

That's what I have been using, except with a 32GB SanDisk Class 4 card and have been experiencing regular freeze ups. Guess I'll try it with an 8GB or 16GB instead.

If checking your Staples store for the clearance $90 16GB Nook Tablet or $83 8GB Nook Tablet, you might want to see if they have this $5 (purple) leather case for it too:

M-Edge Executive Case for Nook Color or Tablet

In case it rings up higher, if you show them a printout of the online product page they usually match it.

Thanks! I just picked up the last two 8GB tablets at the Flint MI location. Was looking for some cases and these look like they will work great.
They also offer free shipping to store on these cases.

UkeDoggie said:   If checking your Staples store for the clearance $90 16GB Nook Tablet or $83 8GB Nook Tablet, you might want to see if they have this $5 (purple) leather case for it too:

M-Edge Executive Case for Nook Color or Tablet

In case it rings up higher, if you show them a printout of the online product page they usually match it.

They were $121.80 or something like that. Might have rung up different. Im still trying to unload the 2 I bought for $70 on craigslist.

Thank you, OP!Got one.

In Houston they are all OOS

jhpurchases said:   In Houston they are all OOS
Sorry they are sold to the patriots

Thanks!

tsanju said:   jhpurchases said:   In Houston they are all OOS
Sorry they are sold to the patriots

That's not fair, the Pats still have ton of work to do while the Texans will be facing the TV next week, so there should be some avail. for them

Thanks, OP. I checked the Staples at Yorktown Shopping Center in Fairfax, VA. They had 1 left in the back, 16gb version for 89 + tax= ~$94. Gonna have some fun rooting it.

I bought the 16gb. I ended up not being able to use it, so I put it on eBay. We'll see if I can make a couple bucks.

I also successfully rooted my 8gb Nook Tablet I bought a couple days ago with CM7. I'm new to all this "rooting" business so I didn't realize that it wasn't the latest root, jelly bean. After doing alot of searching, I found many of the sites to be CONFUSING to say the least.

With the CM7 mod, I couldn't download some of the game apps that I could download on my nexus 7.

So I forked out $20 to do a download to get the jelly bean onto and sd card. I'm hoping this will be painless as all the other sites I saw made my head spin.

The program is writing now...keeping my FINGERS CROSSED!

The links above provide all the information you need for JB.

Keep in mind - the 16GB vs. 8GB is not very relevant to running from SD, because the internal partitions - other than the 1GB "user" storage that Nook provides for the internal code users - are not readily available to use from the SD boot.
More important is that the 16GB device also has 1GB RAM, and the 8GB device has 512MB RAM.

skylergirl said:   I bought the 16gb. I ended up not being able to use it, so I put it on eBay. We'll see if I can make a couple bucks.

I also successfully rooted my 8gb Nook Tablet I bought a couple days ago with CM7. I'm new to all this "rooting" business so I didn't realize that it wasn't the latest root, jelly bean. After doing alot of searching, I found many of the sites to be CONFUSING to say the least.

With the CM7 mod, I couldn't download some of the game apps that I could download on my nexus 7.

So I forked out $20 to do a download to get the jelly bean onto and sd card. I'm hoping this will be painless as all the other sites I saw made my head spin.

In case it does not work and you find yourself out of $20, here's what you do:
1. Use SDFormatter to format your microSD Card
2. Download the CM10.0 Jellybean SDCard IMG for Nook Tablet (12/31) FINAL image from here or the CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jellybean SDCard IMG for Nook Tablet (01/10) Image from here
3. Extract the image
4. Burn the extracted image to your microSD card using Win-32 Disk Imager. Check thrice that you are writing to the correct drive letter
5. Use "MiniTool Partition Wizard" as follows (see section "General guides for setting up single-boot SDCard:" - Download links for SDFormatter and MiniTool Partition Wizard are available on this page):
    i) Delete the 4th partition (SDCARD)
    ii) Delete the 3rd partition (DATA) Don't panic if your image does not have the label
    iii) Click on "Apply" to apply your pending changes to the microSD card
    iv) Allocate the 3rd partition as 1GB or 2GB, EXT4, Primary
    v) Click on "Apply" to apply your pending changes to the microSD card
    vi) Allocate the remaining space on your microSD card as the 4th partition as FAT32, Primary
    vii) Click on "Apply" to apply your pending changes to the microSD card

6. Eject microSD card from PC, insert into Nook Tablet, turn on, and say a prayer

Thanks for the info.....that's wonderful! You ROCK!

Does anyone know of good easy to follow tutorials for rooting, and for installing JB on the Nook's internal memory?

ChalPhut said:   

2. Download the CM10.0 Jellybean SDCard IMG for Nook Tablet (12/31) FINAL image from here or the CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jellybean SDCard IMG for Nook Tablet (01/10) Image from here
3. Extract the image
4. Burn the extracted image to your microSD card using Win-32 Disk Imager. Check thrice that you are writing to the correct drive letter
5. Use "MiniTool Partition Wizard" as follows (see section "General guides for setting up single-boot SDCard:" - Download links for SDFormatter and MiniTool Partition Wizard are available on this page):
    ii) Delete the 3rd partition (DATA) Don't panic if your image does not have the label
    vi) Allocate the remaining space on your microSD card as the 4th partition as FAT32, Primary

6. Eject microSD card from PC, insert into Nook Tablet, turn on, and say a prayer

Can this procedure apply for the Nook Color?

pianoCM said:   Can this procedure apply for the Nook Color?

No. You will have to do some reading over at the xda developers Barnes & Noble Nook Color forum and learn how to.

Ok, N2A card worked. Jelly Bean Nook!

ChalPhut said:   pianoCM said:   Can this procedure apply for the Nook Color?

No. You will have to do some reading over at the xda developers Barnes & Noble Nook Color forum and learn how to.

Thanks, m8

Finally got to my Staples today... They pulled all the nook color and tablets today and had packed them up to be shipped back to the manufacturer. Oh well...

That's what they told me (Pasadena, California). Get a list of stores with at least 2 in stock.
I went to 3 stores and got the same pitch from each, talk to managers and if they are nice they will sell you one.
Now i'm ROcKin the jelly bean nook!

just the simple touch with glow light was on clearance at mine in oregon

ChalPhut said:   skylergirl said:   I bought the 16gb. I ended up not being able to use it, so I put it on eBay. We'll see if I can make a couple bucks.

3. Extract the image

This worked like a charm. Thanks for boiling it down to easy to follow steps. Disk Manager wasn't allowing me to delete the 4th partition but the MiniTool Partition Wizard let me do it. Used a 32 GB Sandisk Class 4 microSD card and it's up and running on my 16gb Nook Tablet. Woohoo! I used the image for 1/10. For the noobs like me, power off the Nook before inserting the memory card by holding the power button for a few seconds until the pop up window gives you the option to power off.

Thanks OP. Got one 8GB at local Staples store. Because it is a openbox item, so I got additional 5% off. Also, the store had MEDGE case for this NOOK also on cleance at $5.00.

Thanks ChalPhut, now I have a wonderful Android tablet.

Thanks again.

Slickone said:   Does anyone know of good easy to follow tutorials for rooting, and for installing JB on the Nook's internal memory?

Here you go - Installing CM 10 Internally on Nook Tablet and on xda developers

visited Torrance store, none of the 16GB NT available in South Bay L.A. area.

Orkine said:   The Nook color and nook tablet went on clearance a while ago and if you can still find them they sell between 99 and 130.
The models are:
NOOK Tablet 16GB, Wi-Fi, 7" BNTV250 Sku 414699 $129.90
NOOK Tablet 8GB, Wi-Fi, 7" BNTV250a Sku 477904 $119.90
NOOK Color 8GB, Wi-Fi, 7" BNRV200 Sku 324511 $99.90

Cant guaranty there are any of these left but my recollection was that mid December, they were available in small numbers in some stores.

Found a BNR200 for 70 bucks at my Staples. Thanks again! The others rang up at the regular price.

Thanks OP. Picked up a 16GB at North Reno Staples for $89.50. Still had an 8GB for $82.50. They were in back, so you had to ask for it. Now our family has a Kindle Fire, Nexus 7 and a Nook Tablet all thanks to FW discounts!

I do have a question, though. After looking at the BN App store, I noticed that most all the free apps at Google Play or on Amazon, cost money for the Nook. This would be for the wife and really it would be mainly used for Facebook, email, light surfing and a handful of games. But there doesn't seem to be a Facebook app and the Angry Birds and Mahjong ones (of which there are a myriad of freebies on Google Play) are all paid. Can a person actually survive using this for cheap on the BN store, or am I going to have to root this thing (something I've never done before). I know if root it wrong, or it is buggy, she'll be grabbing the Nexus all the time.

Wow... I never can find these deals in my area but was able to score last night.

"NOOK Tablet 16GB, Wi-Fi, 7" BNTV250 Sku 414699 $129.90"

Found two of these last night for 89.20 each. Was only going to buy one but ended up picking them both up. Can't beat the price.

Thanks.

tjmightymouse said:   Wow... I never can find these deals in my area but was able to score last night.

"NOOK Tablet 16GB, Wi-Fi, 7" BNTV250 Sku 414699 $129.90"

Found two of these last night for 89.20 each. Was only going to buy one but ended up picking them both up. Can't beat the price.

Thanks.

I always seem to have that problem with Staples where I live - I spoke to the manager about ANY of the tablets and he said they sent them back a while ago.

ChalPhut said:   Slickone said:   Does anyone know of good easy to follow tutorials for rooting, and for installing JB on the Nook's internal memory?

Thanks a lot.
For every guide I've seen on rooting or replacing the ROMs on various items, the steps are always go to several different places for different files, then copy certain files out out each zip, etc. I've wondered why someone doesn't just create one download with all this already done.

Slickone said:   ChalPhut said:   Slickone said:   Does anyone know of good easy to follow tutorials for rooting, and for installing JB on the Nook's internal memory?

Thanks a lot.
For every guide I've seen on rooting or replacing the ROMs on various items, the steps are always go to several different places for different files, then copy certain files out out each zip, etc. I've wondered why someone doesn't just create one download with all this already done.

IMHO, the main reason is to give credit credit to the OPs for their work in creating the downloads and not blatantly rip it off.

ChalPhut said:   skylergirl said:   I bought the 16gb. I ended up not being able to use it, so I put it on eBay. We'll see if I can make a couple bucks.

3. Extract the image

Was shocked to find a BNTV250 Nook Tablet 16GB this morning at my local Staples. Cashier checked her register, said it told her they had one left in the back. Said it was probably broken (heard that before). Came out a minute later with a new shrink wrapped Nook! So I want to do the above to put JellyBean on a Sandisk 16gb Class 4 card. Went to the 10.1 page listed above. Under the Download heading there are 4 zip files. Which one do I use (or do I need them all)?
Download: *
416ec1ce4e0084262d364fd232628a31 *cm-10.1-20130117-acclaim-HD-SDC.zip
afc875c2db1349298039779d69aff6dd *cm-10.1-20130116-acclaim-HD-SDC.zip
Backup your apps/data as the rom will wipe data on sdcard.
6215e5a490a06170b144c80c342ebeae *cm-10.1-20130110-acclaim-HD-SDC.zip
29e8268a1291d2d3b6f06719cb1bcace *cm10.1-20121212-gapps.zip

muskiemyke said:   Was shocked to find a BNTV250 Nook Tablet 16GB this morning at my local Staples. Cashier checked her register, said it told her they had one left in the back. Said it was probably broken (heard that before). Came out a minute later with a new shrink wrapped Nook! So I want to do the above to put JellyBean on a Sandisk 16gb Class 4 card. Went to the 10.1 page listed above. Under the Download heading there are 4 zip files. Which one do I use (or do I need them all)?

You want the image. Install c0221590a687676ab1aacc0b3b268260 *cm-10.1-20130110-acclaim-HD-SDC-img.rar

muskiemyke said:   ChalPhut said:   skylergirl said:   I bought the 16gb. I ended up not being able to use it, so I put it on eBay. We'll see if I can make a couple bucks.

3. Extract the image

Was shocked to find a BNTV250 Nook Tablet 16GB this morning at my local Staples. Cashier checked her register, said it told her they had one left in the back. Said it was probably broken (heard that before). Came out a minute later with a new shrink wrapped Nook! So I want to do the above to put JellyBean on a Sandisk 16gb Class 4 card. Went to the 10.1 page listed above. Under the Download heading there are 4 zip files. Which one do I use (or do I need them all)?

Never owned a Nook. Is it only for reading (like Kindle) OR can it be used for playing some videos/tutorials etc. Might be good for a kiddo.

MysteriousGirl said:   muskiemyke said:   ChalPhut said:   skylergirl said:   I bought the 16gb. I ended up not being able to use it, so I put it on eBay. We'll see if I can make a couple bucks.

3. Extract the image

Never owned a Nook. Is it only for reading (like Kindle) OR can it be used for playing some videos/tutorials etc. Might be good for a kiddo.

The box says "Smooth streaming HD video playback (supports up to 1080p". Also says "TV shows & movies on Netflix, the latest TV series on Hulu Plus". Plus, if you have the mod shown above you can boot into Jelly Bean, and use one of several video players (I like Dice).

muskiemyke said:   MysteriousGirl said:   muskiemyke said:   ChalPhut said:   skylergirl said:   I bought the 16gb. I ended up not being able to use it, so I put it on eBay. We'll see if I can make a couple bucks.

3. Extract the image

The box says "Smooth streaming HD video playback (supports up to 1080p". Also says "TV shows & movies on Netflix, the latest TV series on Hulu Plus". Plus, if you have the mod shown above you can boot into Jelly Bean, and use one of several video players (I like Dice).

PM sent. Please reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014