• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Dell
Disclaimer
I have not a clue whether this is a good much less a hot deal. I don't even really know if I fully understand what sets off a workstation from a plain old laptop. But what caught my eye was the 3 yr. onsite service agreement, since the 2 additional yrs typically costs $225+ in and of itself. With a ridiculous 2 GB memory and 320 7200 GB HD this may be a deal offered to Inspiron-buying suckers like me, but Dell claims it is offering me an obviously ridiculous 50% discount when it gave me the promo code for it.

The code also opens the door to "50%" discounts for better equipped and more expensive M6600 & M4700 Mobile Work Stations.

Anyway, fwiw:

Dell promo code: 17R2P?3516KD4D

Intel® Core™ i5-2520M Dual Core (2.50GHz, 3M Cache, Upgradable to Intel® vPro™ technology
Windows 7 Professional, No Media, 64-bit, English [Included in Price]
AMD® FirePro® M5950 Mobility Pro Graphics with 1GB GDDR5
8X DVD+/-RW Slot Load w/roxio and Cyberlink PowerDVD™, no media [Included in Price]

3 Year Basic Hardware Service with 3 Year NBD Limited Onsite Service After Remote Diagnosis [Included in Price]

24x7x365 In-Region Phone Support from Advanced Technicians

2.0GB, DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM, 1 DIMM [Included in Price]

15.6" HD(1366x768) Anti-Glare LED-backlit [Included in Price]

320GB 7200rpm Hard Drive [Included in Price]
-cell (97Wh) Lithium Ion Battery [Included in Price]
Intel vPro™ Technology’s Advanced Management Features [Included in Price]

LINK

Dell Consumer
See Dell Consumer discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Dell Precision M4600 Mobile Workstation
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Now coupon is 55% off.
and Nvidia graphics Q1000 2GB
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Discount Details

50% off Precision M4600 and M6600.
One per customer.
One time use only.
Non-transferable.
Offer is not combinable with other offers and discounts.
Limit of 5 promotional items per customer.
Offer limited to Precision M4600 and M6600 purchased through Dell Small Office.
Offer expires 1/31/2013.

Going to that link - the 4600 is listed with a "Starting Price" of $1677.00, a discount ("Total Savings") of $908 which comes to a total ("Dell Price") of $769.

When using the code above, the same laptop goes UP in price to $838.50 (with a $838.50 discount)?

It seems useful if you add items to the base laptop.

texaopian said:   Discount Details

50% off Precision M4600 and M6600.
One per customer.
One time use only.
Non-transferable.
Offer is not combinable with other offers and discounts.
Limit of 5 promotional items per customer.
Offer limited to Precision M4600 and M6600 purchased through Dell Small Office.
Offer expires 1/31/2013.

Going to that link - the 4600 is listed with a "Starting Price" of $1677.00, a discount ("Total Savings") of $908 which comes to a total ("Dell Price") of $769.

When using the code above, the same laptop goes UP in price to $838.50 (with a $838.50 discount)?

It seems useful if you add items to the base laptop.

When I provide information about a potentially good deal I provide the amount of information which I can gather within a reasonable amount of time and leave it to those who might be interested to pick up where I left off and do their own research. To attempt to go beyond the level of assistance I have provided would be to analyze 6 different models for each of the 10+ variables possible. I do deals; I don't do value spreadsheets, wipe noses or tie shoes.

You can save $50 on any Dell online purchase of $579 or more.*

Just use your Discover card and
promo code LTRV?QSPN3TTSX

Offer good until 3/18/13 or while supplies last.

Now Quadcore 1080P for $863 after coupon.
Coupon is 55% off
Thanks OP

also Nvidia graphics Q1000 2GB

I have one for work, so impressed with it that I ordered its bigger sibling, the M6600. It put the company-issued Latitude I used to have to shame. It only has a dual core i7 processor with 8 GB of RAM, but it runs anything I throw at it. Still very responsive even when I run an Oracle Express Edition, SQLDeveloper, Eclipse, JBoss, Erwin, and MS Excel.

It has plenty of room for expansion (4 memory slots--32GB max--plus 4 HDD slots), and you can even replace the CPU and graphics card if you wish.

The bad thing is component quality. The 3-year onsite service agreement compensates for that. My company-issued Latitude lasted only 7 seven months. Screen went bad and motherboard toasted. Dell replaced the parts, but other problems persisted. I requested and got the M4600. It has been running round the clock for 5 months with no hiccups. So impressed with it that I ordered an M6600 for my personal use. Unfortunately, my LCD started having horizontal lines like TV having bad reception within 4 hours of use. The Dell English-speaking tech support was very friendly and responsive, and knowledgeable. I started a live chat with them around 11PM. The guy spent about 15 minutes running diagnostics and installed new graphics driver. It seemed to fix the problem. The next day, the LCD went totally black after a few more hours of use. The 3rd day, Dell dispatched a tech to replace the LCD with a new one. It was a no go. So they wanted to send the laptop to their service center to repair. I just told them I want a new laptop, and they built me a new one with better specs than the one I ordered. I'm happy with the replacement and it is still going strong after 3 months.

still alive. cheapest model with an i5 starts at $699.

On Dell's website a quad-core i7 equipped M4600 starts from $818 (similar configuration but with a 6-cell battery -- upgradable to 9-cell). I personally think it'a better value to go for this i7.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014