• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
PTEL (also known as PlatinumTel) is offering SIM + $40 + Free Shipping for $20. (Tax in IL).

Plan details - https://www.platinumtel.com/plans

1) Go to https://www.platinumtel.com/phones
2) Add PTEL SIM CARD to cart ($4.99)
3) Click on SIM on pop-up
4) Select either of the Unlimited plans or PayGo GSM
5) If PayGo, then select $40 top-up (150 days service) or $50 top-up (180 days service)
6) Go to checkout
7) Apply SIMWOOT40 coupon to take $24.99 off (works with both $40 & $50 unlimited plans or top-ups)
8) Pay the man

When you get the SIM, you will get the PIN for the $40. You can activate the SIM online on their website (https://www.platinumtel.com/activation) and you will need the PIN to add the $40 to your account and start service.

Cheers

Member Summary

ptel
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

PTEL Plans
Thanks savitre
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I find howardforums has the best prepaid info. Ptel had Befrugal go back and reverse all SIM and Card transactions going... (more)

rooms222 (Aug. 21, 2013 @ 10:49a) |

Actually, using above coupon, for $100 top-up, the savings are pretty good. 
I just ordered the $100 refill (+ another th... (more)

BobBob (Sep. 03, 2013 @ 11:37a) |

PTSLICK25OFF works for 25% off SIM and Card. $33.74 for the $40 card/SIM

GPDMAJ (Sep. 22, 2013 @ 6:45p) |

Do my minutes carry over from month to month?

This depends on the product you have subscribed to. For Real Paygo subscribers, the minutes are good for 365 days on all plansYou should not confuse minute validity with access days or service days. If minutes are valid for 90 days, you are still required to have access days to use minutes.

When will you cancel my account?

PTEL extends a grace period of 30 days to its customers to redeem a new top-up card or PIN to maintain their service. If, after the expiration of your access days you let a period of 30 days or longer lapse without loading another card or PIN, your account will be cancelled. In this case, if you still wish to maintain PTEL Prepaid cell phone service, you should contact customer service at 866-CALL-ME-1 or find an Authorized Reseller  near you, and you will be assigned a new wireless number.If your Real Paygo account is inactive for a consecutive 60 days, the account will be disabled. 

PTELG25 (25% off, must buy a SIM @ 4.99).

SOME IMPORTANT INFO

Unlimited Plans_ Your plan will renew every thirty (30) days. Your account must have the amount needed for renewal available in order for service to continue.

Real Paygo_ Multiple denominations are available, each with a set number of service days: $10 good for 60 days, $20 for 90 days, $30 for 120 days, $40 for 150 days, $50 for 180 days, and $100 for a whole year. Data billing might seem delayed since we accrue your data usage until we are able to bill a full penny, which means we do not round up your data usage. Unused balance from $10, $20, $30, $40 and $50 carries over for 365 days from date it was originally loaded onto the account. Unused balance from $100 carries over until depleted. To maintain your Real Paygo service, a new PIN must be loaded on/before service days expire.

Latest deal that seems to still work is PTEL25BRAD (expired), good for $25 off a $40 or $50 Unlimited plan card with a $5 SIM. I used 7/20
For the lifetime of these deals, the cards are just a dollar amount and can be loaded into all the types of accounts. The type of service (40/50 unlimited or paygo) is determined when establishing the account and requires customer service intervention if you wish to convert account types.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What's their speeds after 250MB are up?
Is this a TMobile MNVO?

KayK said:   Is this a TMobile MNVO?

Yes, it is.

Does anybody know if this sim will work in locked tmobile phone or does phone need to be unlocked?
Thanks

info411man said:   Does anybody know if this sim will work in locked tmobile phone or does phone need to be unlocked?

Yes, the SIM will work in locked T-Mobile phones. But you better confirm with them before ordering - they have a web chat feature on their site.

This is what is advertised for PTEL sims on eBay

This Ptel Mobile regular-sized SIM card can be used with any T-Mobile phone, and any unlocked GSM phone that uses a regular-sized SIM (also called a Mini SIM). After activating your SIM card and plan, just pop it in your phone and start calling. It's that simple!

info411man said:   Does anybody know if this sim will work in locked tmobile phone or does phone need to be unlocked?
Thanks

According to this post, it will.

I am using Spot Mobile (another TMO MVMO) and I am able to use their SIM in TMO prepaid phones (Concord and Comet) without unlocking.

Will the PIN for the $40 work with an already activated account?

Is there an expiration on the PIN?

I can see buying a dozen of these and having 5 years of service for $240 ($48/year), as long as you do the PayGo option and don't use more than $8/month on average...

I have a locked T-Mobile phone (HTC Sensation) activated with PTEL. So yes it does work with locked phones from T-Mobile. Just make sure the phone has the band 1700/2100 if you wish to receive 3g/4g service.

jsilcox said:   Will the PIN for the $40 work with an already activated account?

Is there an expiration on the PIN?

I can see buying a dozen of these and having 5 years of service for $240 ($48/year), as long as you do the PayGo option and don't use more than $8/month on average...

I believe the the sim and the pin is good for only 1 year from purchase date.

looks like this deal has been going on for a while. Old link here. My contract with tmobile is coming to an end, I have been considering prepaid as it is cheaper. I may try this out
edit: actually debating with this now, as other was t-moby $30 and h2o wireless $25.
By the way OP, just noticed your post in the old thread, sorry.

Do they have micro SIMs? I have the LG Optimus L9 and it uses micro.

SIM cutter is like $3 or $4 or just get out the Xacto knife.

Tincom said:   Do they have micro SIMs? I have the LG Optimus L9 and it uses micro.
Yes, they offer both Micro SIMS and Nano SIMs (for iPhone5). Call them up to see if you can get a Micro SIM with this deal.

Or you can get the $40 top-up card + regular sim from this deal, and buy the Micro SIM on eBay for $2.95

Cheers

How about international roaming - calls from OUTSIDE the US?

According to the FAQ, "For Real Paygo subscribers, the minutes are good for 365 days on all plans."

Does anyone know if buying a new Paygo refill will reset ALL the minutes for another 365 days, or just the newly refilled minutes?

NEDeals said:   According to the FAQ, "For Real Paygo subscribers, the minutes are good for 365 days on all plans."

Does anyone know if buying a new Paygo refill will reset ALL the minutes for another 365 days, or just the newly refilled minutes?

Good question. I'd like to know the answer too.

Hi,
Can someone please tell if i can port my prepaid AT&T number?

Thanks.

I am an existing PTEL customer, can I apply the $40 to my existing account?

This looks like a great deal for people who use their phones very infrequently. There is a very low break even point, though (at which point the T-Mobile $30 WalMart plan is better).
e.g. if you talk exactly 100 min a month, then you're limited to 250MB usage to stay under $30.

Anyone know if they allow voicemail forwarding?

harirajmohan said:   Can someone please tell if i can port my prepaid AT&T number?
Yes, you can port your existing number. You should not activate you SIM online, you'll have to call their customer service and initiate the number porting. Details on their website FAQs.

alex6001 said:   I am an existing PTEL customer, can I apply the $40 to my existing account?
Yes, someone on another forum said they did that the last time this deal was active (around Christmas time).

I have an active Ptel account and tried to purchase this promo online... it would NOT accept the promo code,for the discount??
just kept coming up 44.99,so I guess existing accounts can NOT take advantage of this offer??

It looks like the SIMWOOT40 promo is over. It won't take the promo code even for a new registration.

I don't know the technicalities of posting something from "that other deals site with their name in the coupon code", so I won't put the code here, but you may wish to (just for a moment or two) look at another well known site for a new code that current works with the same exact discount/requirements.

PTELSLICK20

You cannot use the 40$ topup on existing account - they do not send you a regular topup card. Instead they will send activation code that will activate the sim AND add topup.

Are you sure, bud?

nortotron said:   You cannot use the 40$ topup on existing account - they do not send you a regular topup card. Instead they will send activation code that will activate the sim AND add topup.

I bought two anticipating being able to use the first top-up card with the first SIM and then using the second top-up card to replenish the first SIM again. What I received in the mail is just the SIM, a brochure, and an invoice. The invoice reads like this:

Qty
Cards
$40 Top-up 1

Sim Cards
PTel SIM 2FF 1

Both packages do not contain a unique code on the invoice or a top-up card.
There is an activation pin with the paper the SIM card is glued to but I wouldn't think that related to the $40 Top-up because you can also buy just the SIM card from them.

For anyone that has done this promo in the past and bought more than one so they could use the top-up card on their existing SIM please chime in on what was in the package last time?

shank said:   How about international roaming - calls from OUTSIDE the US?

I just called, confirmed that PTel does NOT currently offer international roaming - all calls MUST originate from the US.

MeBeDealing said:   I bought two anticipating being able to use the first top-up card with the first SIM and then using the second top-up card to replenish the first SIM again. What I received in the mail is just the SIM, a brochure, and an invoice. The invoice reads like this:

Qty
Cards
$40 Top-up 1

Sim Cards
PTel SIM 2FF 1

Both packages do not contain a unique code on the invoice or a top-up card.
There is an activation pin with the paper the SIM card is glued to but I wouldn't think that related to the $40 Top-up because you can also buy just the SIM card from them.

For anyone that has done this promo in the past and bought more than one so they could use the top-up card on their existing SIM please chime in on what was in the package last time?

I'm not done with my original $40 (bought in December) PIN since I actually used it for Real PayGo (good for 150 days), but the 'activation' PIN on the sleeve is supposedly just a $40 PIN that you can use to re-up for the next month (keeping the other SIM card for extra) or in my case whenever my balance is about to expire.

And for whoever asked above, yes, Ptel allows conditional forwarding (i.e. you can use Google Voice for voice mail).

I got my order and I've been reading the same thing. The SIM is the SIM (no other SIM I've received from an MVNO had any "activation" beyond knowing the SIM number). The money/top up is that printed "activation PIN" under the silver sticker.

For reference, other MVNOs like H2O also call the top-up codes "recharge PINs" because they're designed to be able to be sold at kiosks and typed into the phone directly, like a PIN might. I've heard nothing about the top-up/activation PIN being restricted to only working on new SIMs. I don't think the system is designed to be that fine-grained.

good deal!

Looks dead.
Coupon not working.

ShakuniMama said:   Looks dead.
Coupon not working.

Just made an order. Coupon PTELSLICK20 still works for $24.99 off.

traveller said:   ShakuniMama said:   Looks dead.
Coupon not working.

Thanks Traveller,
I was hoping this deal would become available again.
Green for U!

traveller said:   

Thanks. I was using the code from OP.

Thanks! I'm glad I saw this deal before buying a bunch of minutes from T-Mobile.

Do we know if the unused balance rolls over if the account is topped off before it's expiration? We use Airvoice now and that's how their plan works.

emmagata said:   Do we know if the unused balance rolls over if the account is topped off before it's expiration? We use Airvoice now and that's how their plan works.
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1784794-Ptel-Announce...

ChefJoe said:   emmagata said:   Do we know if the unused balance rolls over if the account is topped off before it's expiration? We use Airvoice now and that's how their plan works.
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1784794-Ptel-Announce...

Thanks. Time to switch...

Skipping 63 Messages...
PTSLICK25OFF works for 25% off SIM and Card. $33.74 for the $40 card/SIM

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014