• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
Will a T-Mobile Locked iPhone 5 Work on Ptel? It was working for like a day, and now it just says no service, even with APN settings, resetting settings also did nothing.
Any help guys?

PTEL25BRAD isn't working...

MinnesotaNice said:   PTEL25BRAD isn't working...

Just worked for me!

Is T-Mobile LTE available with PTEL??

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1801502-Lte
I asked this question and one of the PTel CS reps told me PTel was not supporting LTE.

MinnesotaNice said:   PTEL25BRAD isn't working...

Coupon code didn't work when I selected the sim + $50 Paygo plan a few minutes ago but after I changed the plan to $40 Unlimited Plan, the code took $25 off.

anyone have a code that works with Paygo?

jkkw said:   anyone have a code that works with Paygo? The PIN you buy is a dollar amount and can be used for unlimited plans or paygo. You set the type of account and required increments of fill-up when you setup a new account, beyond that it's all just $ codes.

ChefJoe said:   jkkw said:   anyone have a code that works with Paygo? The PIN you buy is a dollar amount and can be used for unlimited plans or paygo. You set the type of account and required increments of fill-up when you setup a new account, beyond that it's all just $ codes.

ahh.. so if i have an existing ptel account (paygo), this is a way to get a 40$ top up card at 50% off. If i don't have an existing paygo number (or need a new one) and want to be on a paygo account - would the SIM i order with this allow me to activate as paygo?

Yes, when I first signed up I just used a random Platinum Tel SIM and selected the "Paygo" account from the new account/service I was setting up. The Top up functions as just a $$ applied to the account, the SIM is just a SIM for platinum tel services, the configuration of what type of account you have is done at account setup time. In fact, when you set up the account I recall it not having any money in it until I logged in later and entered my promotional PIN (although I think they have an option to load it at the time of sign-up).

ChefJoe said:   Yes, when I first signed up I just used a random Platinum Tel SIM and selected the "Paygo" account from the new account/service I was setting up. The Top up functions as just a $$ applied to the account, the SIM is just a SIM for platinum tel services, the configuration of what type of account you have is done at account setup time. In fact, when you set up the account I recall it not having any money in it until I logged in later and entered my promotional PIN (although I think they have an option to load it at the time of sign-up).

thank you!

SIMWOOT40 not working for me, but PTEL25BRAD worked

STAY AWAY from Ptel. I'm having nothing but Problems, AND I've lost the phone number I've had for about 48 YEARS.... (through no fault of my own.)

That's unfortunate Maccawolf. I don't call very much and decided to do the Google voice package (migrate cell # to google voice for $20, setup forwarding to the new ptel number issued, and install google voice app on my android nexus 4) and I'm pretty happy. The biggest issue I've had is the occasional times I try to dial out and it gives a message about not connected/moved out of area the first time, then I re-try and it goes through. I'm not sure if I would blame that on the Tmobile/platinum tel people or google voice, but it's a small price to pay for having a ~$10-15 cellphone charge each month (with a nice smart phone) as opposed to what I was paying with a contract dumb phone. Also, this setup doesn't play nice with picture message features (that I don't use).

Managed to get issues fixed today, The Chat C.S agent Alejandro Rosiles went above and beyond to get these issues fixed. I'm a happy camper again.

surnj1 said:   SIMWOOT40 not working for me, but PTEL25BRAD worked

none of the codes worked for me. Does anyone know of a working code? Thanks.

Seconded...PTEL25BRAD worked last week, but not today. Also would like to get a free or discounted PAYGO SIM - don't mind paying for air time, but buying a SIM just so they can charge me seems wrong somehow.

CharlieSummers said:   Seconded...PTEL25BRAD worked last week, but not today. Also would like to get a free or discounted PAYGO SIM - don't mind paying for air time, but buying a SIM just so they can charge me seems wrong somehow.
All sim cards they issued will work with paygo. I just switched from cdma to gsm and used the sim and topup from the codes earlier. I'd send you one of my other sims, but I tossed them when I switched phones( to a locked tmobile).

Anyone know of new working code?

mrtrance said:   Anyone know of new working code?
††
+1...

I don't know of any new working codes, but befrugal.com still offers 20% Cash Back on PTEL purchases. It takes a while, but it works.

IF you want to do me a favor, PM me your email and I'll send you an invitation and the first time you use it, I get $5. If not, that's ok, too. Just enjoy the Cash Back.

sleepfaster said:   I don't know of any new working codes, but befrugal.com still offers 20% Cash Back on PTEL purchases. It takes a while, but it works.

IF you want to do me a favor, PM me your email and I'll send you an invitation and the first time you use it, I get $5. If not, that's ok, too. Just enjoy the Cash Back.

† I find howardforums has the best prepaid info. Ptel had Befrugal go back and reverse all SIM and Card transactions going back to about mid-July, if they were not locked already. It also happened to me. There is one mediocre code out there†PTELG25 (25% off, must buy a SIM @ 4.99). This save $8-10 over the listed price of the refill card.

Actually, using above coupon, for $100 top-up, the savings are pretty good.†
I just ordered the $100 refill (+ another throwaway sim) for $79... Nod bad for a year of service...

PTSLICK25OFF works for 25% off SIM and Card. $33.74 for the $40 card/SIM

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014