• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Boards (11.57kB)
Disclaimer
Home Depot still has some leftovers from Black Friday, and one of those leftovers is the 3-piece bamboo cutting board set. It was originally $8, now it's only $4.97. You can buy online and pick-up in-store. Home Depot's inventory system blows, so you can't trust the website. I've been able to find items in-stock at local stores when online said it wasn't available and I've also had orders cancelled because the store didn't have it in-stock even though online showed plenty of availability. This is a clearance item, so you won't find it at every store, hence the YMMV. And obviously this is not an edge-grain Boos cutting board, so don't expect the best cutting board for $5 (actually 3 for $5).

Link

From Home Depot:
Eco-friendly bambo cutting board. Bamboo is more durable than most hard wood cutting boards. Bamboo also doesn't absorb moisture as easily.

Easy to clean
Do not put in dishwasher
3-piece bambo cutting board set
Bacterial resistance
MFG Model # : THD-01
MFG Part # : THD-01
Savings Center : New Lower Prices

Home Depot
See Home Depot promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

cutting board (11.57kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Thanks OP, in for one.

That did not last long! Typical Home Depot! OOS in all their Phoenix area stores

Ordered one for pickup. Let's hope it goes smoothly. Thank you OP!

***Update: got a call and was notified not available

OOS stock all around me...will check actual store to see if error........thanks.

yungtiger said:   Ordered one for pickup. Let's hope it goes smoothly. Thank you OP!

***Update: got a call and was notified not available

same here. online inventory showed 2 in stock for my store so placed the order. 12 min later I got a call from HD saying it was a black friday deal and they don't have any in stock. at least we tried.

picked up 4 this evening. Looks like a decent price.

Only one store in my area had stock. I ordered online and went to pick it up last night. Not only did they have it ready for me, but they had the rest of the stock right there in a display next to the Customer Service desk, so I got another one for a friend.

Thanks, OP!

Same here 3 in stock order confirmed the order cancelled

Any bamboo cutting board I've had has split. Don't find them durable at all.

bargaindot said:   Any bamboo cutting board I've had has split. Don't find them durable at all.

word

they're only like 3/8" thick...had one break after dropping from a foot or two up

if you want a bamboo board, get one like this:

http://www.amazon.com/MIU-France-Bamboo-Cutting-Board/dp/B0009VE...

http://www.amazon.com/Totally-Bamboo-Butcher-Block-Large/dp/B000...

http://www.amazon.com/Ironwood-Gourmet-28218-Acacia-Wood-End-Gra...

my order was cancelled!

mine cancelled too

bargaindot said:   Any bamboo cutting board I've had has split. Don't find them durable at all.

Wooden cutting boards are not to be soaked in water...need to be cleaned right after use...and regulary coated with mineral oil for protection.

brotherhpj said:   bargaindot said:   Any bamboo cutting board I've had has split. Don't find them durable at all.

Wooden cutting boards are not to be soaked in water...need to be cleaned right after use...and regulary coated with mineral oil for protection.

Know all this. I never soak a wooden board and do oil them. However, bamboo boards, IMO, are meant just for their beauty and slicing and cutting, not for chopping or pounding chicken cutlets with the side of a cleaver to thin them out for example, especially those thin boards with the little non-slip feet on them. The pressure onto the center of the board splits them. At two of the stores I returned the boards to, I was told customers had experienced splitting of bamboo boards. I'm sticking to my oiled beautiful maple chopping boards and saving those little bamboo beauties for serving cheese and crackers

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014