• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

From the Website
Disclaimer

My Shopping Cart
Disclaimer
Boost Mobile is offering the Samsung Galaxy S II 4G for $279.99 (put it in cart to see price) and this is the lowest price I have seen. As of this posting it also includes a free headset and free 3-day shipping. I bought the phone and received an even lower price since I found and used online coupon code "HAPPYNEWYEAR13" that took an additional 13% ($36.40) off the price. Since I don't know how long this coupon code will last, I am throwing out YMMV on the coupon code. The price w/o the discount is still the lowest I have seen from Boost.

Boost Mobile
Need a Boost Mobile coupon that earns $17.50 FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy S II 4G
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

So Sprint owns Boost Mobile. Does that mean they share the same network? Any differences between the two other than getting a no-contract plan?

Joe2836 said:   So Sprint owns Boost Mobile. Does that mean they share the same network? Any differences between the two other than getting a no-contract plan?

Yes, they share the same network, with the exception of Sprint's LTE network since Boost does not offer phones that have this capability. It is entirely possible that Sprint limits Boost customers, but I have no direct knowledge of this. The GSII 4G can run on Sprint's WiMax network, but when I am paying $70 a month less for unlimited talk, text, email and web, I can live with being late to the party.

One of the better phones out there for Boost Mobile right now. Anyone who has problems with activating this device can call Boost Mobile customer service and hit 88 to get through to a representative. In for one.

Can this be used as a wifi device ( no phone plan ) and use Skype for calling? I wondering if Boost software would try to limit functionality to persuade you to sign up for a plan.

Could this be unlocked to use other carriers?

This cannot be "unlocked" since Boost uses Sprint's network which is CDMA, which doesn't use SIMs, as opposed to GSM which does use SIMs.

Joe2836 said:   Can this be used as a wifi device ( no phone plan ) and use Skype for calling? I wondering if Boost software would try to limit functionality to persuade you to sign up for a plan.

Yes as long as you are on wireless that would be fine. Boost does add bloatware such as Boost Zone to their phones but you are not required to use or activate the device for that purpose.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014