Disclaimer
Metro PCS
LINK

Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy Admire
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Remind me, does Metro PCS use T-Mobile or Verizon towers/service?

I only know MetroPCS will merge with T-Mobile. However, MetroPCS is CDMA, while T-Mobile is GSM, how do they do the merge?

The LG Motion 4G LTE is a great phone!

It was a very good deal with unlimited data @ $150. It is an absolute steal at $49, even with the $40 unlimited talk text and web with 500 megs @ 4G plan.

When the phone was $150, both me and my brother got one, we also got a $50 rebate and a $50/month for unlimited everything, including 4G LTE plan (now that plan is $60/month no family, $55/month with family discount).

The LG Motion 4G that I have is actually better than the advertised specs: They advertise a dual core 1.2 Ghz chip. Per 2 different benchmarks on both my phone and my brothers', it is a dual core 1.5 Ghz chip powering this phone.

I have yet to come across an app this phone can't run well.

It has ICS, Gorilla Glass, a front and rear facing camera with flash, and decent battery life.

My options were between this and the Virgin Mobile HTC Evo V... I chose this phone, because MetroPCS has 4G LTE in my area, while Virgin Mobile does not have 4G WiMax in my area. Also, MetroPCS offers Visual Voicemail, which is VERY important for me, while Virgin Mobile does not, at any price...

The only real downside is that this phone's resolution leaves a little to be desired, and if you are into bigger phone screen sizes, you are out of luck.

I would highly recomend against Samsung phones, unless they are top tier phones, like the Galaxy SII or Galaxy SIII. Their top end stuff is great, but their mid tier stuff is of poor quality. They are using old software with older slower technology. Even this deal, the Admire's specs are nowhere NEAR as attractive as the Motion.
On a side note:

MetroPCS does NOT use EITHER T-Mobile OR Verizon towers. They use PCS / CDMA towers, that is a different technology. If anything, they probably share with Sprint, whose prepaid network (like Boost and Virgin) also use PCS / CDMA for 3G and voice.
T-Mobile is in the process of purchasing MetroPCS. In the future, this should allow for more bandwidth shared for each provider, but only time will tell.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.