• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Sears
See Sears promo codes that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Fry Pan Set
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Lodge is great, but all cast iron pans can be improved with proper seasoning including Lodge.

gpinzone (Feb. 12, 2013 @ 10:45p) |

Saw a few in local stores. The inner surface has quite obvious tiny grains, may be worn out after years and turn into be... (more)

garycook (Apr. 06, 2013 @ 8:44p) |

I think the concern may be more of what is it that the cast iron is made of and does it contain any dangerous metals tha... (more)

DavidScubadiver (May. 08, 2013 @ 1:10p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Shows $17.99, but when added to cart goes to $19.99 through entire checkout process. YMMV?

ClearanceItem said:   Shows $17.99, but when added to cart goes to $19.99 through entire checkout process. YMMV?

Yes it looks like $19.99 Now

But that is a good price for a 3pc Cast Iron Fry Pan Set

Butcherboy said:   ClearanceItem said:   Shows $17.99, but when added to cart goes to $19.99 through entire checkout process. YMMV?

Yes it looks like $19.99 Now

But that is a good price for a 3pc Cast Iron Fry Pan Set

Back to $17.99

I'm guessing 10", 12" $ 14"?

As a southern born cast iron user....I'd say avoid the Chinese ones like these and buy the higher quality Lodge brand made in Tenn. You can find deals on those here time to time.

I have personally used Chinese cast iron pans and they work great. This country has way too much hatred for no reason generated by the stupid media. You can't buy anything that's not labeled "made in China" anymore, so why not judge a product by its quality rather than the location it's made in?

ahcool said:   I have personally used Chinese cast iron pans and they work great. This country has way too much hatred for no reason generated by the stupid media. You can't buy anything that's not labeled "made in China" anymore, so why not judge a product by its quality rather than the location it's made in?

Panda avatar promoting Chinese products. Hmmmmmmm

Minoritydan said:   I'm guessing 10", 12" $ 14"?

No. I looked up model# and Amazon has them listed at 6",8" and 10"

http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Essentials-3-Piece-Fry-Pan/dp/B004I4...

Counterfit said:   ahcool said:   I have personally used Chinese cast iron pans and they work great. This country has way too much hatred for no reason generated by the stupid media. You can't buy anything that's not labeled "made in China" anymore, so why not judge a product by its quality rather than the location it's made in?

Trust me. I flip the label and throw back anything that made in china or PROC every single time

FYI this item was recently $15 from Sears.

Tcool said:   Counterfit said:   ahcool said:   I have personally used Chinese cast iron pans and they work great. This country has way too much hatred for no reason generated by the stupid media. You can't buy anything that's not labeled "made in China" anymore, so why not judge a product by its quality rather than the location it's made in?

Trust me. I flip the label and throw back anything that made in china or PROC every single time

Unfortunately, except for your clothes. The garment industry left the U.S. a long time ago.

Thanks for the input.

JasonBargain said:   As a southern born cast iron user....I'd say avoid the Chinese ones like these and buy the higher quality Lodge brand made in Tenn. You can find deals on those here time to time.

JasonBargain said:   As a southern born cast iron user....I'd say avoid the Chinese ones like these and buy the higher quality Lodge brand made in Tenn. You can find deals on those here time to time.

Yes made in Tenn by Vietnamese and Chinese immigrants!

Will these make inferior eggs to my Lodge?

ahcool said:   I have personally used Chinese cast iron pans and they work great. This country has way too much hatred for no reason generated by the stupid media. You can't buy anything that's not labeled "made in China" anymore, so why not judge a product by its quality rather than the location it's made in?

The reason I won't buy Chinese cast iron is I had a Chinese pan deliver a huge "SPRONG" noise as it split on the bottom. Luckily I wasn't cooking something with a lot of oil in the pan. That would have been a legendary kitchen fire if it was. YMMV

guess you do not have any bitten Apple's.

crazyassnate said:   ahcool said:   I have personally used Chinese cast iron pans and they work great. This country has way too much hatred for no reason generated by the stupid media. You can't buy anything that's not labeled "made in China" anymore, so why not judge a product by its quality rather than the location it's made in?

The reason I won't buy Chinese cast iron is I had a Chinese pan deliver a huge "SPRONG" noise as it split on the bottom. Luckily I wasn't cooking something with a lot of oil in the pan. That would have been a legendary kitchen fire if it was. YMMV

i bet he got it from 99c store.

These are made in China and I would not purchase one either. Look for LODGE made in USA. ahcool, why should us americans pay for some cheap chinese junk iron to be shipped overseas? Buy american if you live in america.

Tcool said:   Counterfit said:   ahcool said:   I have personally used Chinese cast iron pans and they work great. This country has way too much hatred for no reason generated by the stupid media. You can't buy anything that's not labeled "made in China" anymore, so why not judge a product by its quality rather than the location it's made in?

How are you typing this? Every motherboard is made in china/Taiwan.

Lodge is great, but all cast iron pans can be improved with proper seasoning including Lodge.

Saw a few in local stores. The inner surface has quite obvious tiny grains, may be worn out after years and turn into better non-sticky pan. But definitely less smooth than my Lodge.

ahcool said:   I have personally used Chinese cast iron pans and they work great. This country has way too much hatred for no reason generated by the stupid media. You can't buy anything that's not labeled "made in China" anymore, so why not judge a product by its quality rather than the location it's made in?I think the concern may be more of what is it that the cast iron is made of and does it contain any dangerous metals that don't necessarily impact performance but may impact health.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.