• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.foundationccc.org/CollegeBuys/ForStudents/tabid/468/D...
Usually costs around $300-400, I believe. You can get the DVD version for $10 more.
Also, if you buy before April, 2013, you should be able to upgrade for free to the new version of Office whenever it comes out: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/offer/

Member Summary

MS Office Pro Plus 2010
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Seems limited to certain states & schools...unfortunately

Seems to be pretty strict regarding eligibility criteria:
TextCollegeBuys educational discounts are only available to students, staff, and faculty at select participating colleges. All products that you are eligible to purchase are displayed in your store. Our software contracts state that before we can provide any product to our customers, we must verify that you are associated with an eligible school. Your order will not be processed and your credit card will not be billed until your eligibility is verified. All submitted verification MUST clearly show both your name AND the name of the college in order to be accepted.
Students: Please provide a photo copy of a current student ID card, current transcript, or current class schedule.
Faculty/staff: Please provide a copy of a recent paystub (salary may be omitted) — from current semester or previous semester if ordering during a school break—or faculty/staff ID card.
You can use your camera phone to take a picture of your ID card and send it by email it to collegebuys@foundationccc.org. Other forms of verification can be emailed as an attachment to collegebuys@foundationccc.org. You may also mail or fax your verification to:

Foundation for California Community Colleges
ATTN: CollegeBuys
1102 Q Street, Suite 3500
Sacramento, CA 95811
FAX: (916) 325-0843

After we receive your information, we will notify you via email when we have verified your eligibility.

Before buying, might want to check your eligibility for Microsoft Home Use Program. It's $10 for Office 2010 if your email address qualifies: Microsoft Home Use Program

WHo's qualified for work at home?

Another option is the Office 2013 Customer Preview which is fully functioning (release candidate) Office 2013 suite. I actually like it...stores documents in the cloud (sky drive) and other neat features.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/en

cr3s said:   WHo's qualified for work at home?

Some major companies and education systems. You have an email that ends in .edu, it's likely your campus participates in the program. Again, anyone can check based off an email address.

BlurryEyed said:   cr3s said:   WHo's qualified for work at home?

Some major companies and education systems. You have an email that ends in .edu, it's likely your campus participates in the program. Again, anyone can check based off an email address.

The program code from the organization is still required.

I worked in an organization with a staff of 200 and I could still get HUP based off that so it doesn't have to be a huge organization.

pedror said:   BlurryEyed said:   cr3s said:   WHo's qualified for work at home?

The program code from the organization is still required.

I worked in an organization with a staff of 200 and I could still get HUP based off that so it doesn't have to be a huge organization.

Wrong...as mentioned in the post you've quoted, you can find out by entering your email address. If your organization qualifies, they'll sned a link to the email address you entered and you can click a link in that email to buy from the MSHUP site.

Very limited.

nothing in my state

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014