• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

LivingSocial
See LivingSocial discounts that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

GradSave Gift Card
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
$24 for a $50 GradSave gift card to help start or boost a child's college savings
• The gift card can be easily redeemed and linked with any nationwide tax-free 529 savings plan, prepaid tuition, or other savings account
• Parents can invite friends and family to make gifts to the registry via email, Facebook, and Twitter; monthly autopay is also available
• Savings can later be used toward tuition, room and board, books, and other related expenses
• Funds are securely stored in an FDIC-insured account until moved to parents' choice of savings plans
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

How does this work?

Just a heads-up that I bought one but when I tried to redeem the voucher on the GradSave website I get an "Invalid voucher code" error. The voucher shows that you can redeem immediately but that doesn't appear to be the case. I'll wait 24 hours and if I still get the error will ask for a refund (otherwise I'll forget to redeem it). Great deal if it works though!

Double your $$$ for your 529 Plan! Here's what I learned... I buy the GC for $24. I get $50 of credit on the GC. Register with GradSave (B of A), which puts the $50 into a federally insured (savings?) account, which you can then transfer to your 529 college savings plan. You can only buy 1 GC for yourself. It's a great deal since you get a +100% return on your investment. However, the fine print states that only ONE promotional card will be accepted per beneficiary. I was going to ask family members to purchase a few more of these cards and have the GC's gifted to my son, but it won't work. I guess you could possibly have each GC purchaser create their own GradSave account, and then have the credits deposited into one 529 account?

Has anyone else worked with GradSave?

I purchased one of these vouchers and redeemed it on the site. It shows I have $50. I linked my daughters 529 - but don't see how to actually move the money from GradSave into the 529.

The dashboard is very barren...makes it seem like the transfer will just "happen" - but there are no tabs to view the status of the linked account and see if money has transferred.

I also attempted to modify their "goal" from $1000 down to $50 in hopes it would transfer if the goal was met, but the site seems to just forget any value I tell it and always use $1000 as a goal.

Additionally, I called the phone number on the site and got a VM which sounds like a high school kid saying they are closed (after hours).

It all seems very unprofessional, and I'm hoping someone else is having a better experience?

UPDATE: Send them another e-mail and they got back super quick this time - saying they are hit hard on this promotion. At least I have contact now and they seem to indicate that it will be about 14 days for the transfer ...though still not an easy way to track it. I guess I'll wait then and hope it goes smoothly...

People might want to read the more recent posts in this thread before considering a purchase.

turtlebug said:   People might want to read the more recent posts in this thread before considering a purchase.
thanks

Thanks OP! $50 free for my two kids!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014