• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

COMPLETE UPPER - Adams Arms 16" w BCG
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is not a regulated part for god sake. 99% chance that you can buy it 3 years from now w/out any government checks. How dare they charge people so much for the thing that should not cost more than 500?

lol i thought it said $99 - thought oh cool that's a deal! I liked midway USA before and this is the first gouge i think i've noticed them do...pretty ridiculous.

Stas1976 said:   This is not a regulated part for god sake. 99% chance that you can buy it 3 years from now w/out any government checks. How dare they charge people so much for the thing that should not cost more than 500?
This is a gas piston upper, not direct impingement like most...fwiw.

jkrmer said:   Stas1976 said:   This is not a regulated part for god sake. 99% chance that you can buy it 3 years from now w/out any government checks. How dare they charge people so much for the thing that should not cost more than 500?
This is a gas piston upper, not direct impingement like most...fwiw.

Similar one was 629$ brownells

Stas1976 said:   This is not a regulated part for god sake. 99% chance that you can buy it 3 years from now w/out any government checks. How dare they charge people so much for the thing that should not cost more than 500?

Correction: This has historically not been a regulated part. What may occur is unknown. However, I agree, that is an absurd price.

Stas1976 said:   Here the same one was in stock for $825

5.56 X 45 TACTICAL ELITE UPPER EXTENDED RAIL MID LENGTH WITH PISTON KIT

Ugh..key word overly used is WAS.....do the math...+$174 versus your first attempt at "only" +$129 above your magical $500 for a piston upper???? Did I type Ugh yet?

Good luck finding a piston driven upper for $500 anywhere, anytime.

m362w said:   Stas1976 said:   Here the same one was in stock for $825

5.56 X 45 TACTICAL ELITE UPPER EXTENDED RAIL MID LENGTH WITH PISTON KIT

Ugh..key word overly used is WAS.....do the math...+$174 versus your first attempt at "only" +$129 above your magical $500 for a piston upper???? Did I type Ugh yet?

Sorry. I am taking my words back. I apologize for the confusion being created. My bad

gunsrule said:   in for 1..better 995 now or cant get in 2 months

this is NOT a firearm.

treasurebeacon said:   gunsrule said:   in for 1..better 995 now or cant get in 2 months

this is NOT a firearm.

Yea it isn't...but what if regulation passes make it illegal to mail order Upper Receiver hmmmMMMM?

BlurryEyed said:   Stas1976 said:   This is not a regulated part for god sake. 99% chance that you can buy it 3 years from now w/out any government checks. How dare they charge people so much for the thing that should not cost more than 500?

Good luck finding a piston driven upper for $500 anywhere, anytime.

Ditto...no way you find a piston upper, complete with BCG and CH for $500....and in today's market you have the bonus of it being "in-stock"

curios, before the panic, what was a good price for this item?

ricoscoro said:   curios, before the panic, what was a good price for this item?

I'd say the cheapest you can find a decent piston upper was around $700 shipped, but I'm sure bargain hunters would claim less. I think $700 is a realistic # though.

BlurryEyed said:   treasurebeacon said:   gunsrule said:   in for 1..better 995 now or cant get in 2 months

this is NOT a firearm.

Yea it isn't...but what if regulation passes make it illegal to mail order Upper Receiver hmmmMMMM?

What if regulation passes that require the removal of all arms (literally)? Not likely to happen. Buying something at an inflated price like this is not a wise investment move, and there *will* be ways to get guns for hunting and home protection in the future. People are so scared of what might happen that they make poor decisions in haste.

A major ripped off, by an opportunist gun maker!!!

BlurryEyed said:   treasurebeacon said:   gunsrule said:   in for 1..better 995 now or cant get in 2 months

this is NOT a firearm.

right because they will ban a non controlled substance/part/material, they might as well be banning Aluminum and Steel completely.

Thank you all for all the red given on this thread.....ridiculous that people give red for their personal beliefs on gun control and not the deal

Here is a great visual of the difference between DI and a gas piston upper...

http://vtsupply.com/adams-arms-low-profile-750-lite-piston-conve...

Dave

This is a nice find for all you AR fans...now, will someone kindly direct me towards a Sig classic 556 lower?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.